Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long did it take people generally to get assigned a person and get a VIN number?
You are assigned a service advisor as soon as you receive your text welcoming you to "the Tesla family". Just reply to that text and you'll be talking to your SA. They have a bunch of other people who are also waiting for vehicles, so don't expect anything real time through texting. That said, replies that I got through texting were always helpful and friendly.

I think VINs are going out at around the 80 day mark now.
How are you driving less safely? Tesla insurance isn’t available in my state yet but it’s something I plan to look into once it is.
Unsafe following is one of the four metrics of the Safety Score. I don't qualify for "safe following" because I'm usually not following anyone at all (within 3 seconds travel time). But I get dinged for "unsafe following" whenever somebody pulls in tight in front of me (within 1 second travel time). That means I normally accumulate "unsafe following" points with no "safe following" points to balance them out. To get the safe points, I have to go find somebody and follow them. I then spend time in the crazy lanes at higher speeds than I would normally go, rigorously trying to maintain a 2 second follow distance.

1. My attention is on the wrong thing. I'm essentially driving distracted.
2. The car's efficiency is reduced at higher speeds.
3. I can't use cruise control because that handles following.

Another way of approaching this would be to use cruise control religiously so that unsafe following is never an issue. If somebody pulls in front of me I don't get dinged for unsafe following because the cruise control is responsible. Unfortunately, I don't trust the automatics that much yet. One phantom braking event in tight traffic is not going to end well.

I heard that one guy avoids getting dinged by playing the game of turning on cruise control whenever he sees somebody about to pull into the lane in front of him. We're ending up spending more time fiddling with the car's controls, not less.

Hey guys first time poster been following this thread since order date, new to TMC so I'll figure out how to add to the spreadsheet today.

MSM, Black interior, Aero, no FSD
OD- 03/09
1st EDD: 06/05-07/07
2nd EDD on 05/20: 06/06-06/20
3rd EDD on 05/31: 06/13-06/17
Found VIN in source code

Pick up: Barrie, ON
Forgot to add VIN# 267...

Hey guys first time poster been following this thread since order date, new to TMC so I'll figure out how to add to the spreadsheet today.

MSM, Black interior, Aero, no FSD
OD- 03/09
1st EDD: 06/05-07/07
2nd EDD on 05/20: 06/06-06/20
3rd EDD on 05/31: 06/13-06/17
Found VIN in source code

Pick up: Barrie, ON
Welcome. Here is some quick info on the spreadsheet.

Finally signed up after following along for a while.

Black, Black interior, Aero, no FSD
OD- 04/18 - hoping i end up getting the mobile connector
1st EDD: 07/10-08/21 - hasn't moved since ordering

Pick up: Toronto, ON

Been shopping for summer 19" wheels and tires, looking to get a winter set mounted on the Aeros
Unfortunately you were one day late in the OD to get the M3 with the mobile connector (April 17 was when they started to not include the charger with the vehicle for free). But anything can happen. I for sure won't expect one included so I dropped $400 for the wall connector plus more money for it to be installed.

Unfortunately you were one day late in the OD to get the M3 with the mobile connector (April 17 was when they started to not include the charger with the vehicle for free). But anything can happen. I for sure won't expect one included so I dropped $400 for the wall connector plus more money for it to be installed.
He's good for the mobile charger it was extended until 4/27

I think VINs are going out at around the 80 day mark now.
This is kind of relieving to hear. The EDD I have is almost 150 days out from when I placed the order. I texted my SA this morning about more insight. If the 80 days is relatively accurate, that'll land me at a late August VIN date which would work out pretty well if it takes a couple more weeks from VIN to delivery. Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: jpaychek
This is kind of relieving to hear. The EDD I have is almost 150 days out from when I placed the order. I texted my SA this morning about more insight. If the 80 days is relatively accurate, that'll land me at a late August VIN date which would work out pretty well if it takes a couple more weeks from VIN to delivery. Thanks for the reply!
Take that with a grain of salt. Yes the vins now are going out but there was a huge surge in orders after March. Your edd is likely accurate at this point as the wait time appears to be over 100 days now

Reactions: JB47394 and E90alex
Welcome. Here is some quick info on the spreadsheet.

Thanks, added!

Reactions: Nfletcher
Take that with a grain of salt. Yes the vins now are going out but there was a huge surge in orders after March. Your edd is likely accurate at this point as the wait time appears to be over 100 days now
Ugh yeah, definitely will take it with a grain of salt. I'll try and stay optimistic. Even around the 100-110 days range could still work for me I think given my timeline. So cheers to the longest 3 months of my life 😅

I'm hoping that ends up being the case. The day I ordered, the online orderings still didn't have the option to add it to your purchase, so I'm hoping I snuck in.
If you go on the site it says any order AFTER 4/28 will NOT include it. However there is a rumor going around that some SAs are saying after mid August you will only get a rebate credit worth a mobile charger not the actual charger. I'm hoping this isn't true but we'll see