Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm developing my stockpile of accessories and time to find a screen protector.

Is there a consenses best product?

I've never needed to buy one before so have zero knowledge/experience

Thanks
YouTube video I found helpful re: accessories:

1. Screen Protector ► Elon Accessories: https://geni.us/1r76DH ► Teslarati: https://bit.ly/2Y1eCnH ► Cheaper Option: https://geni.us/XAi8LBt

I went with the one from TesBros since I bought a bunch of their other stuff and had a discount code. Tempered Glass (9H) Screen Protector for Model 3/Y

At the end of the day, its just a screen protector. Any tempered glass solution will do off of Amazon. A key decision point is glossy or matte finish, which is reviewed in the YouTube video above. I went with matte.

My auto loan is signed, and I have a fat check from my new credit union ready to go for Sunday! To anyone planning on going with DCU: check some of your local credit unions, some that limit membership to the areas they are based in can be super competitive. I just got a 1.65% 60 month 35k loan with a 756 credit score, after applying last week. Will be saving around 3k in interest compared to the going rate from DCU.

Now time to complete a defensive driving course (gives a mandatory 10% insurance discount in NY), and then finalize my insurance based on that discounted rate.

My auto loan is signed, and I have a fat check from my new credit union ready to go for Sunday! To anyone planning on going with DCU: check some of your local credit unions, some that limit membership to the areas they are based in can be super competitive. I just got a 1.65% 60 month 35k loan with a 756 credit score, after applying last week. Will be saving around 3k in interest compared to the going rate from DCU.

Now time to complete a defensive driving course (gives a mandatory 10% insurance discount in NY), and then finalize my insurance based on that discounted rate.
Smart thinking here!! 🤔 Great interest rate!

Thank you
@Patrick Jarin

Patrick.....I am sending you all the GREAT KARMA I can muster! My wife is even following along with this! She TOO is sending you GREAT KARMA as well!

I thought I was one of the last ones in the March orders but your order takes the cake.

When all is said and done we need to throw you a PARTY when you get your car!!!!! I KNOW it will be a flawless delivery for you when it happens :)

• Love
Reactions: ColoradoMike
I ended up going with vroom. Best price between carvana, Tesla, and Carmax.
For those thinking of not trading and selling to private or Carmax etc. FYI the difference between your trade-in and the car you are purchasing is what determines the amount of sales tax. Here in NC that is 3%, so I have to find an offer outside of Tesla that makes up for the loss of approx $900. This means I need an offer $1k and above to make it worth my time. Some states have a much higher new vehicle tax so please think this over when you are considering the offers out there. Also even though I canceled my trade-in they called me and want it still, I will see what the current offer but it will have to be $2k more than the last for me to think about it. They are lowballing my truck, $3-5k under private party worth.

Good luck out there.

For those thinking of not trading and selling to private or Carmax etc. FYI the difference between your trade-in and the car you are purchasing is what determines the amount of sales tax. Here in NC that is 3%, so I have to find an offer outside of Tesla that makes up for the loss of approx $900. This means I need an offer $1k and above to make it worth my time. Some states have a much higher new vehicle tax so please think this over when you are considering the offers out there. Also even though I canceled my trade-in they called me and want it still, I will see what the current offer but it will have to be $2k more than the last for me to think about it. They are lowballing my truck, $3-5k under private party worth.

Good luck out there.
Don’t forget about the BS yearly EV tax on our property tax of $130 extra on top of the appraised value….

Reactions: JB47394
Don’t forget about the BS yearly EV tax on our property tax of $130 extra on top of the appraised value….
Yeah forgot about that. A lot of states will be doing this regretfully, they need someone to pay for the roads and with more and more people switching to EVs less gas tax money will be supporting the infrastructure. I hate it but understand.

But to make it equitable they should tax ICE cars with a pollution tax, carbon tax, and throw that at paying for something to lower pollution levels. Just my two cents, won't happen and it isn't like we have enough EVs for everyone right now anyway, maybe in a few years when supply catches up a bit with demand if ever.

What the, great rate! I can’t find any in socal under 3 ish. If anybody know of one please let me know..

I FINALLY got my VIN!!! I received 2 days ago but I have been to busy with work and getting the insurance and loan taken care of. EDD is now 8/14 - 8/18. The lowest interest rate I have been able to find is 4.50 around here. Any suggestions on anywhere that could be lower? Getting 40k loan and have over 750 credit score.

Attachments

• A573C05A-B5B5-43E0-9F7F-29EADB2FB81C.jpeg
    A573C05A-B5B5-43E0-9F7F-29EADB2FB81C.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 82