Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW, they are asking proof that the M3 is insured, not just that I have insurance coverage. I thought I only needed insurance coverage?
My understanding is that you only need proof of current coverage on any other car. I uploaded to app a copy of only my current car's coverage. In fact I didn't even bind coverage on my M3 until 3 days after I picked it up (Geico has a 30 day grace period).

Seems odd they would ask for proof the M3 was insured when you don't even have the car yet. Maybe they do it differently if you're financing. I paid cash, which might be why they didn't require proof of coverage on the M3.

My understanding is that you only need proof of current coverage on any other car. I uploaded to app a copy of only my current car's coverage. In fact I didn't even bind coverage on my M3 until 3 days after I picked it up (Geico has a 30 day grace period).

Seems odd they would ask for proof the M3 was insured when you don't even have the car yet. Maybe they do it differently if you're financing. I paid cash, which might be why they didn't require proof of coverage on the M3.
They required proof of insurance with the VIN, policy NO, effective date and expiration date

Reactions: Minotaur and cmy4x4
Now the App wouldn't let me get 'past' plaid. I guess I have to so that I can set up an appointment [because the app tells me it'll notify me when I can set up an appointment even though it also states EDD of 9/12-9/16 but the only payment option offered is plaid.

What a screwy system.

yes, and MO it is $2,50 per tire.... but only when you replace them. Either the M3 they are offering me only has 1 tire or someone at Tesla doesn't know what they are doing

just bought a car 2 months ago and there was no 'tire fee'.
AZ gets you coming and going. $4 tire fee when you buy a new car ($1 per tire?) and when you replace your tires. I think you can avoid the disposal fee if you keep your old tires and take them away.

1663020511229.png

• Informative
Reactions: cmy4x4
The last text from the SA a bit ago is "You are all set. Nothing else needed from you, no need to make the payment as you want to review the car and paying by cash. You can select a delivery date when we text you and the is on the last leg of the transit! Almost time!"

Implying that it hasn't arrived at the SC yet. The SC is between my home and work. About 1/2 way, 5 minutes each way.

With my EDD going from Dec 2022 to a 4 day window within a few hours today and getting a vin that is 344xxx [not very fresh]; it seems to be a redirect to me for whatever reason. Would they ship a vehicle from, say Chicago, to St Louis to close a transaction in this quarter [assuming I'm the closest buyer with this configuration]? I'm certainly overthinking this ... is this any way to run a railroad?

Tesla offered me about $4k less than other vehicle outlets that buy cars [about 10%]... just sharing that as a data point for others.

I just feel like this whole turn of events is so unexpected and surreal.

yes, and MO it is $2,50 per tire.... but only when you replace them. Either the M3 they are offering me only has 1 tire or someone at Tesla doesn't know what they are doing

just bought a car 2 months ago and there was no 'tire fee'.
This Missouri government site says $0.50 per tire sold at retail. How that translates to $2.50 I don't know. I'd be surprised if Tesla was nickeling and diming people for something so obvious on the bill. It seems a great way to draw a class action law suit.

At least you dodged the $0.50 fee for lead acid batteries...
I'm certainly overthinking this
Yes, you are. Take some deep breaths, relax, and go through the transaction process. The car might be perfect. Just inspect it and accept it or not as you like. There are so many reasons that the prior deal might have fallen through.

Good luck!

Reactions: Cho22 and deuskid
This Missouri government site says $0.50 per tire sold at retail. How that translates to $2.50 I don't know. I'd be surprised if Tesla was nickeling and diming people for something so obvious on the bill. It seems a great way to draw a class action law suit.

At least you dodged the $0.50 fee for lead acid batteries...

Yes, you are. Take some deep breaths, relax, and go through the transaction process. The car might be perfect. Just inspect it and accept it or not as you like. There are so many reasons that the prior deal might have fallen through.

Good luck!
I’d guess the math goes 4 wheels plus a spare equals $2.50 but teslas don’t even have spares

Reactions: JB47394
I’d guess the math goes 4 wheels plus a spare equals $2.50 but teslas don’t even have spares
Again... logic?

Never the less. I'm less worried about the cost of a regular coffee [or 1/2 a coffee at starbucks] than I am about how good are the systems?

Where do these numbers derive? Why stop me at the pay point with only one choice, plaid. Some things/steps seem so unmanaged.

The location in my app is also Devon, PA so hopefully I'm very close behind! Did you get a text saying your car had departed the factory? If so what date was that? Mine was August 27th. Hopefully yours was around that date and not way earlier and mine will be coming off the rail yard around the same time.
Well I just got my text at 7.40pm this evening to schedule delivery! I had a date range of Monday 19th to Wednesday 21st September. I went with the Monday at 5.30pm. Was hoping and still am slightly that it’ll be ready earlier so I can pick it up on the weekend instead of leaving work early but it’ll work if not.

I didn't even think about Cybertrucks in the hands of teenagers. That's downright scary. Happily we don't have to worry about Semis, right? RIGHT??

With the FSD Beta 10.69 series, it looks like they've got a system that has real legs. That is, it is something that they can build on. I think the reason that we're starting to be critical of the automation system is because it's so good. It's no longer in the stage of "Aw, isn't that sweet? It did a turn." Now we're at the point of "This thing could work in the real world. Make it work great." It's getting serious.

That's the thing about Tesla - you never know when a good deal is going to vanish.
I agree completely on all points. With regards to the subscription idk what there plan is. The fact they are raising the fsd but keeping the eap and subscription the same makes me think they know the writing on the wall. I think only 9% of teslas now are buying the fsd package which is staggeringly low