Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also swung by Renton — way different story… over 60 new 3s and Ys, all different colors, trims, interiors. Manufacture dates around 5/19-5/29.

9F7832ED-3D0E-450C-A492-836739A35DA6.jpeg

B678FEF2-6C47-4022-934A-7C765C5F7D4F.jpeg

B4C6C1CA-6C08-4154-B38C-BA5F48C05FE1.jpeg

Can you check your battery size to see if you have an 82kw pack?

To do so, go into the Scan My Tesla...

Press ”Full Pack When New” as this shows the marked capacity in kWh.
Apologies for hijacking the response.

I can confirm that my car does not have the 82 kWh battery pack; I believe it is 75 kWh battery pack even though all my calculations have given me 77 kWh. The mean was 77.86 and the median was 77.53. I solely used the numbers off of my touchscreen at the Delivery Centre day of delivery, post Supercharging, and via home charging at various State of Charges (all over 80%) and at different charging voltages. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: hatully and JoJa15
I just saw my exact car for sale in new inventory in Los Angeles. But by the time I refreshed, it was gone. So my question is, what would happen if I hit buy now in time on an existing inventory car? I suppose I'd have to go back and cancel my existing order.

I just saw my exact car for sale in new inventory in Los Angeles. But by the time I refreshed, it was gone. So my question is, what would happen if I hit buy now in time on an existing inventory car? I suppose I'd have to go back and cancel my existing order.
I wouldn’t cancel any order until the existing inventory order would be confirmed by your SA because there have been times where the car people thought they had was sold to someone else.

Apologies for hijacking the response.

I can confirm that my car does not have the 82 kWh battery pack; I believe it is 75 kWh battery pack even though all my calculations have given me 77 kWh. The mean was 77.86 and the median was 77.53. I solely used the numbers off of my touchscreen at the Delivery Centre day of delivery, post Supercharging, and via home charging at various State of Charges (all over 80%) and at different charging voltages. Hope this helps!
There has been reports that the energy screen has a cap so that you can never calculate/estimate above rated range. Check the battery discussion threads for details on this. One of the hints would be if you charge to 100% then drive for 5-10 min without seeing your remaining range drop until you surpass whatever limit Tesla has programmed. It's all speculation but I wouldn't write off your chances of the 82 kWh battery without verifying with a third party measurement like Scan My Tesla + OBDII reader.

There has been reports that the energy screen has a cap so that you can never calculate/estimate above rated range. Check the battery discussion threads for details on this. One of the hints would be if you charge to 100% then drive for 5-10 min without seeing your remaining range drop until you surpass whatever limit Tesla has programmed. It's all speculation but I wouldn't write off your chances of the 82 kWh battery without verifying with a third party measurement like Scan My Tesla + OBDII reader.
That's promising. In lieu of reading that, I hope that I do have the 82 kWh battery.

I had seen those reports too but decided to assume the worst and just calculate it with what the energy screen was reporting. Saving that 100% charge for a Disneyland trip so wont test that hint out till later. I agree with you though, it's all speculation and speculation is not knowledge. I'll try to confirm this week with someone at the service centre when I take it in for its initial repair.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoJa15