Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of us newer here (ordered 5/19) the general theme is “we’ve been waiting forever, don’t believe the EDD, and my date gets pushed back further and further”. I suppose my question is, for those of you who ordered in, say, April, we’re you originally given an EDD in May, then late May, then June, now late June? Or has it always been in June? And you’re now (rightfully) anxious and/or upset?

I ask because my first EDD was 6/12-6/30 then improved to 5/31-6/19 and now 6/3-6/19. I’m thankfully in no crazy rush but I’d be curious how that lines up with those of you who ordered 4-6 weeks before me.
Ordered mid april. Initial estimates were late may to early june. It moved all over the place after the initial estimate, and was showing last 2 weeks of June before I got a VIN and a delivery date for early June.

The initial estimate was pretty close in my case, but the moving around by a month was the irritating bit.

I was trying to fetch quotes for insurance in Massachusetts, but most of the big insurance companies are quoting very high numbers ~ 3000 for two of us ~ 30 years of age who has clean record (though are not previously insured). They say the rate rises up as soon as they add the VIN - indicating that the 2021 model is substantially more expensive to insure.

Has this been your experience as well ?

I was trying to fetch quotes for insurance in Massachusetts, but most of the big insurance companies are quoting very high numbers ~ 3000 for two of us ~ 30 years of age who has clean record (though are not previously insured). They say the rate rises up as soon as they add the VIN - indicating that the 2021 model is substantially more expensive to insure.

Has this been your experience as well ?
My 3 is $25 more a month that the infiniti I am replacing. So in NJ, where insurance is high anyway, we will be around 2200 for the year, but that is a 21 M3LR and a 21 Jeep Wrangler. We also hold pretty high coverage levels of 250/500/100. Most people do less, like 100/300/50.

Insurance has way too many factors though to compare with others. Best to use an insurance broker and go with the best rate they offer. I shop annually with my broker too as loyalty doesn't pay at all.

Reactions: pufl
wow, that's a lot of $$$$, I have Allstate and have 3 cars at the moment : 2010 Toyota Camry 198k miles- 3 accidents, none my fault - $600 for 6 months, daily commuter 2015 Toyota Prius - 139k miles (daily commute 120 miles round trip) - $475, weekend/warm weather car - 2018 BMW M4 vert - 13k miles - $624.
all have full coverage $250 deductible.

Also I'm an old fart going on 51.

My 3 is $25 more a month that the infiniti I am replacing. So in NJ, where insurance is high anyway, we will be around 2200 for the year, but that is a 21 M3LR and a 21 Jeep Wrangler. We also hold pretty high coverage levels of 250/500/100. Most people do less, like 100/300/50.

Insurance has way too many factors though to compare with others. Best to use an insurance broker and go with the best rate they offer. I shop annually with my broker too as loyalty doesn't pay at all.
Yeah am doing the 100/300/100. I have been quoted abour 2.4k by Travellers, but not sure of their customer experience - so on the edge there. What insurance do you have just out of curiosity ? Massachusetts also seem to have very high insurance rates :(

Yeah am doing the 100/300/100. I have been quoted abour 2.4k by Travellers, but not sure of their customer experience - so on the edge there. What insurance do you have just out of curiosity ? Massachusetts also seem to have very high insurance rates :(
Right now I have Hanover, previously had a division of Liberty Mutual. Find yourself a broker. They can run you across 20+ carriers at once and present all the options. Every year or two I run it with him and typically find a better rate. All insurance is kind of the same. You pay, don't use it for years, then when you need it they nickel and dime everything to death. The ones who spend all their money on marketing will jack your rates the fastest, so always be shopping.

Wow, your insurance costs are insane compared to NC then. My quote is 844 a year from progressive for 100/300/100 and I have a reckless driving charge and an at fault accident within the last 5 years.

Wow, your insurance costs are insane compared to NC then. My quote is 844 a year from progressive for 100/300/100 and I have a reckless driving charge and an at fault accident within the last 5 years.
I agree Nc rates are pretty good . I’m going to be paying only $90 for my model 3 and it didn’t change from my current rate ( 2016 camaro ss ) no tickets or at fault accidents in last 5 years .