Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I just passed my original 4 to 7 week window that conned me into giving up $100. Tried to chat with Tesla but it's clearly just a good bot, that clearly doesn't give a *sugar* about anyone buying cars. ZzZzZ. I remember when cable companies were the biggest crooks around but even them, if they screwed up would give you something for your time.

Just wondering is it real that LRs are getting delivered later than SR+/P or we're just delusional? If it is true, why????!!!!
If you are on the west coast or just west side mostly it appears this way based off of surveys and statements given here. They probably got behind a little and shut down model 3 production to make model S or something for a while. They also probably make more money off of the other trims like someone said earlier.

Just wondering is it real that LRs are getting delivered later than SR+/P or we're just delusional? If it is true, why????!!!!
Model​
Average Order to VIN Time (Days)​
Average VIN to Delivery (Days)​
Average Order to Delivery (Days)​
SR+
30​
10​
39​
LR AWD
44​
11​
56​
P
39​
10​
48​

Yes, that does appear to be true.

Source: Teslike Model 3 Survey & Order Tracker #1

Model​
SR+
30​
10​
39​
LR AWD
44​
11​
56​
P
39​
10​
48​

Yes, that does appear to be true.

Source: Teslike Model 3 Survey & Order Tracker #1
I think it's wayyyy worse for west coast than this suggests as well. In Washington they have only filled up to April 1st orders for Long Range models, at least up to late april for everything else.

Did you get an e-mail or just happen to see it in the account page?
Just on the account page so far. I logged in, got the Tesla Vision disclaimer page, hit the Proceed with Delivery button and that was it. I now have a VIN listed below my RN but have not been contacted yet. Figured I’d give it more than a few hours :)

I've been debating this for a few weeks now. Do you have to actually sign up for a PenFed account (open an account with the $5 minimum) just to apply and get approved for their loan? If I have to do that it doesn't seem worth it but if not, definitely worth it.
No, did not have to join or open an account with PenFed to apply. But approval email said "Membership requires $5 funding for Regular Share account" which would be needed to accept the loan.

I think it's wayyyy worse for west coast than this suggests as well. In Washington they have only filled up to April 1st orders for Long Range models, at least up to late april for everything else.
Model​
LR AWD
45​
5​
52​

If you only look at CA, OR, and WA then the averages don't change that much. If you look at only the west coast in 2021 it gets even shorter. Of course that doesn't account for 2nd quarter orders (since we don't have that data yet) which seems to be where the problem is right now.

Reactions: laaayunp
Model​
LR AWD
45​
5​
52​

If you only look at CA, OR, and WA then the averages don't change that much. If you look at only the west coast in 2021 it gets even shorter. Of course that doesn't account for 2nd quarter orders (since we don't have that data yet) which seems to be where the problem is right now.
Hmmm. I'm right at 44 days right now, so my VIN should show up tomorrow. :)

Reactions: Ace777
Model​
LR AWD
45​
5​
52​

Maybe since the survey started. If you look at it from this quarter and also take account of people who haven't gotten a vin yet then it's much larger. April 1st last order date to get a car that was 75ish days ago? I know my order to vin is at about 50 days and counting now.

No, did not have to join or open an account with PenFed to apply. But approval email said "Membership requires $5 funding for Regular Share account" which would be needed to accept the loan.
After getting PenFed's approval, they called (didn't answer unknown number) and emailed me asking to confirm and accept the loan offer. But I replied that I would not be accepting and was no longer contacted.

In my case, I thought it was worth it since going from 2.49% to 1.99% saved $10/month. Doesn't seem like a lot, but $600 over the 60 months helps.