Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For all the Charlotte people with a delivery soon: Just got a text that my car arrived at the showroom, and I can pick it up early - Waiting for them to call me with a date.

Update: 09/03 6PM it is.
Awesome! I'm in Raleigh and Tesla said they didn't think my car would be here until 9/12... I would have hoped white seats were on the same train :( super jealous

fwiw my serial # is 053XXX

So I ordered Model 3 LR in Blue because I thought I would not get it until November. I have not even test drove one yet, since there is not a Tesla center in South Carolina. The nearest one to me is Charlotte NC which is about 1.5 hrs away from Greenville SC. Telsa is now saying September and wanting my full payment since the VIN was issued to me yesterday. I have not heard from anyone at all from Telsla (which might be normal). I am not really wanting this car so soon. So what do I do? How do you pause your order or delay it?
What color interior did you have?

Just received an emailed from my SA, Jerry. EDD is 9/1-9/08. Ordered 6/19 for Burbank CA delivery. SA has been super, in that he always email back within an hour of my email. He updated me, that it looks like my car will come off the line this weekend, and will most likely be delivered next weekend (9/11), FYI. I was hoping to get it this 3 day weekend, but it is what it is. I just don't know why I am getting it later than some people also in CA who ordered later than me.
I don’t think you’re too far off for CA delivery. I ordered 6/16 and still have no VIN. I’m actually jealous of you.

Reactions: Vincent T
I'm not sure you can. It's almost a crap shoot who you get. I was approved by Wells Fargo through Tesla.
When I applied for the loan, I first was matched with Wells Fargo, 6 yrs at 2.49%. Had a bad experience with them in the past, absolutely refuse to do business with them. If you send an email to [email protected] you can request to match you with a loan at JPMorgan Chase. They'll rate match you, also. Ended with 1.24% 72 months beating loan offer from DCU at 65 months

Reactions: thinktwice
Took delivery today. Talking about how great the car is probably isn’t telling you all anything you don’t know.

Here’s my delivery date journey in case anyone is interested.

EDD Graph.png

EDD Data.png

There were basically three separate periods of time.

1. At first my dates were in the vague x-y weeks range. With a brief “August 15 - September 14” and then "August 20 - September 10" shortly after approving financing. Coincidentally my financing approval was set to expire on September 9. And both of those dates proved to be pretty accurate with my actual delivery date falling right in the middle.

2. There was while where my EDD was blank. No idea what that was about. After that I got the new order estimate of “November” for a day and then it went blank again.

3. On August 4 my EDD switched from blank to August 21 - September 10 (again, pretty accurate). After that it fell into the pattern some are familiar with where the end date mostly stayed the same while the start date shifted forward each morning by a day.

I got my VIN late August 18 - when my duration window had fallen to 6 days. Got the text to schedule my delivery on August 24, and picked up today, September 1.

For anyone waiting on a car, I hope you get it soon.

Took delivery today. Talking about how great the car is probably isn’t telling you all anything you don’t know.

Here’s my delivery date journey in case anyone is interested.

View attachment 704153
View attachment 704152

There were basically three separate periods of time.

1. At first my dates were in the vague x-y weeks range. With a brief “August 15 - September 14” and then "August 20 - September 10" shortly after approving financing. Coincidentally my financing approval was set to expire on September 9. And both of those dates proved to be pretty accurate with my actual delivery date falling right in the middle.

2. There was while where my EDD was blank. No idea what that was about. After that I got the new order estimate of “November” for a day and then it went blank again.

3. On August 4 my EDD switched from blank to August 21 - September 10 (again, pretty accurate). After that it fell into the pattern some are familiar with where the end date mostly stayed the same while the start date shifted forward each morning by a day.

I got my VIN late August 18 - when my duration window had fallen to 6 days. Got the text to schedule my delivery on August 24, and picked up today, September 1.

For anyone waiting on a car, I hope you get it soon.
Congrats! What an awesome tracking timeline. How did your delivery go today?

Also, did you have any contact with your SA during this whole process? I'm trying to figure out why some buyers get put with a good SA who is constantly in contact while others never hear from their SA during the whole order/delivery process.

Congrats! What an awesome tracking timeline. How did your delivery go today?

Also, did you have any contact with your SA during this whole process? I'm trying to figure out why some buyers get put with a good SA who is constantly in contact while others never hear from their SA during the whole order/delivery process.
Zero contact with an SA. The first contact I had from Tesla that didn't seem like it was automated was the text I got to schedule my delivery appointment. But delivery could not have gone smoother. Spent some time inspecting the car, signed the paperwork that was on the passenger seat, dropped the documents off inside and drove home grinning.

Reactions: MagicMidnight
Zero contact with an SA. The first contact I had from Tesla that didn't seem like it was automated was the text I got to schedule my delivery appointment. But delivery could not have gone smoother. Spent some time inspecting the car, signed the paperwork that was on the passenger seat, dropped the documents off inside and drove home grinning.
Haha, nice. One more question, did you submit your ACH payment prior to delivery day? Also, did you only "Accept delivery" on the account after you inspected the vehicle? Or did they make you do it before? Did you have to abide by any sort of time limit to inspect and take your vehicle?

Haha, nice. One more question, did you submit your ACH payment prior to delivery day? Also, did you only "Accept delivery" on the account only after you inspected the vehicle? Did you have to abide by any sort of time limit to inspect and take your vehicle?
Yes, I submitted my down payment as soon as I saw the option in my account. It was right after I booked my delivery appointment. I also had to pay an extra $6 the other day but I didn't check what that was for (possibly a tire fee or something to do with registration).

The car was waiting for me in the parking lot. The email I got a few days ago said that I'd have to accept delivery before I'd be able to unlock the car but the car was unlocked. So I was able to inspect the exterior and interior pretty well. I just couldn't open the trunk or frunk or do much with the touchscreen until I accepted delivery. People from the dealership were available to help with any questions but I've watched so many YouTube videos on this car that I already felt familiar with it. There was no time limit. I ended up spending about 30 minutes looking over the car. But I got the impression that I could have taken as much time as I needed.

My current EDD range is 9/12-9/22, however since this is going to be super early (current lease doesn't expire until Feb-22) I'm looking to delay.

I could probably do some back-of-the-napkin math to get an unreliable guesstimate, but I'd like to hear your opinions. Assuming I tell my SA to let this one go and put my order on hold, when would I need him to order again so that I can take delivery in November? I don't mind some overlap with two cars, but 5 months is a lot.

Yes, I realize there are a lot of variables with parts and a lot can change between now and then...but who's up for some guessing since I've got plenty of time to wait.
Just end your lease early. Not sure what car you have but we had three dealers ask us to end of Honda CRV lease early and walk away with some cash as well. Also Vroom has quoted an insane amount of money to buy the car as well.

Just received an emailed from my SA, Jerry. EDD is 9/1-9/08. Ordered 6/19 for Burbank CA delivery. SA has been super, in that he always email back within an hour of my email. He updated me, that it looks like my car will come off the line this weekend, and will most likely be delivered next weekend (9/11), FYI. I was hoping to get it this 3 day weekend, but it is what it is. I just don't know why I am getting it later than some people also in CA who ordered later than me.
Did you have a different VIN code for the year? Wondering if the September build date will be 2022 model year like the September build cars were last year.

So I am starting all over with a new countdown. Ordered today Long Range MSM / Black. Estimate is sometime in November.

Original Order was 7/22 and then on 7/31 I found my exact model in inventory in Costa Mesa. I ordered it, got the VIN and then the fun began. It has been one month and there have been many delivery appointments that have come and gone.

Some things I was told. Car is on a broken truck that can't be fixed. Battery is dead on car so we don't know where it is. Car is in transit. Last Friday I was told it was 200 miles from Spokane. Saturday I was told it still wasn't there (by 5 pm) but would be there that night.

Delivery scheduled for today at 5.

This morning I got a call from Natalie at Tesla - she just wanted to call me to tell me that they could not deliver the car to me today - and she couldn't tell me why. The leader of the Spokane store would call me.

The Spokane store leader called me and told me that the car would not hold a charge. They opened it up and 'WIRING HAD BEEN CHEWED UP BY VERMIN"

They say they will do everything possible to make it right. They were spending the day searching for a show room car - those would have not been driven but maybe have someone sit in it - I told them that would be ok.

They called me at 4. All show room models are SR+ no long range. They do have a test drive model 3 in my configuration in Seattle with 1000 miles on it. I really want a new car. They put a new order in for me and will continue to watch for an inventory car.

We do still have the test drive Model 3 they gave me to drive since I have sold my car. They haven't said anything about returning it so I assume we can drive it until November if needed.

I am almost relieved now because as time went on we kept thinking something was wrong with that car - or something had happened to it.

Reactions: Extant
When I applied for the loan, I first was matched with Wells Fargo, 6 yrs at 2.49%. Had a bad experience with them in the past, absolutely refuse to do business with them. If you send an email to [email protected] you can request to match you with a loan at JPMorgan Chase. They'll rate match you, also. Ended with 1.24% 72 months beating loan offer from DCU at 65 months
Wow did not know that. I don't have an issue with Wells Fargo, but would prefer Chase as I already bank with them. If my delivery date wasn't already scheduled for next Monday I'd definitely try this route.