Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered this morning (3/8). Blue with Black interior and Aero wheels. So excited to join the club! I've been mostly a Volvo driver since high school in the mid 90s. My current Volvo lease is up in June and the ordering system this morning said June delivery so I pulled the trigger. Now that I got my loan confirmation, it says 2-14 weeks. That is some spread... I really need it to be closer to 14 than 2. Thoughts on what will really happen? I'm located 10 mins from the Mt. Kisco, NY delivery / service center.
Tesla builds cars in batches, then delivers east to west, starting in Europe each quarter. I’d guess NY deliveries would hit around the middle of the quarter, depending on order volume. CA deliveries are typically the end of the quarter. I ordered my Model 3 on January 2, with delivery expected the last week of March.

lol blows my mind that people get VINs the same day they order when they want the car months from now but all of us ordered months ago and still don’t have jack lmao cmon tesla.
Available stock versus new builds, plus location. Tesla delivers east to west after servicing Europe each quarter, and builds configurations in batches, SR’s before LR’s. My MSM/White configuration is just now going into production for delivery here at the end of the quarter in CA. That means many easterners ordered after me are getting their cars earlier.

Any thoughts on why a same day VIN match? Could it be someone else’s rejected car?
May be an available stock item, versus a new build. Perhaps an order that failed to be sold to another customer and ended up sitting in lot. First person to come along and request that configuration got it. A rejection doesn’t mean something’s wrong with car. Perhaps they decided they couldn’t afford it, or something came up and they couldn’t take delivery in the short window Tesla allows.

Placed order on 2/9 for a LR AWD Black/Black in Los Angeles area. Estimated delivery date is now 3/10-3/29. No Vin at this time.

I've already made a bunch of purchases including orders for 19" Signature wheels and MPP Comfort coilovers. I have a problem hahah.

Wondering if anyone is having any luck finding 72 month rates lower than 2.49% and would you mind sharing what banks have better rates?
I have 2.09% 72mo. through Bank of America. I put $32k down.

I emailed Tesla finance to try and get a better rate than 2.49 and looks like they go me a new offer but nothing shows up to review on my account. Only shows the old info. Is it because I had already accepted the old term a few weeks back?
That isn't it.
I accepted the original terms but emailed them this morning to look for a lower rate. They found it and updated my account. I didn't have to do anything else. I receive two emails an hour later telling me that there were changes to my account page and asking to finish my checklist. I went back in and there was nothing for me to due (these emails were probably automated).

Reactions: goldenstate01
Order date: 1/22
Initial estimate: March 06 - March 31
Changed to: 6-10 weeks after order
Changed to: March 08 - March 28
Changed to: 6-10 weeks after order...
Changed to: March 02 - March 16
Changed to: 6-10 weeks after order..
Changed to: March 04 - March 24
Changed to: March 05 - March 23
Changed to: March 05 - March 24
Changed to: March 06 - March 24
Changed to: 6-10 weeks after order...
Changed to: March 08 - March 20
Changed to: March 09 - March 21
Changed to: March 10 - March 21
Changed to: March 11 - March 21

No VIN yet, basic LR build.

Perhaps the 21st would be my pick up date.