Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, it looks like my delivery may happen on the 18th-21st. Of course, I will be out of town these days with some possibility to pickup early on the 18th or late on the 21st. When you are given a choice to choose your pickup date, is this on the account page? I assume you pick a date and time slot? I have heard that they are not very flexible. My SA said that you have 3 days. Just looking for an idea whether I will have a good choice of time slots so I can choose late or early.

Thanks!

Hi, it looks like my delivery may happen on the 18th-21st. Of course, I will be out of town these days with some possibility to pickup early on the 18th or late on the 21st. When you are given a choice to choose your pickup date, is this on the account page? I assume you pick a date and time slot? I have heard that they are not very flexible. My SA said that you have 3 days. Just looking for an idea whether I will have a good choice of time slots so I can choose late or early.

Thanks!

I literally just scheduled mine - i am in a very similar situation to you. I am out the 19-22nd. The link in my text was only for a 3 day window - 2 of which weren't even in my estimated range. I got a choice of 21, 22nd, 23rd. All times were available throughout the day - 10am out to 5pm.

You are correct though, if you can't pickup in that 3 day window, VIN gets reassigned. My SA really said there is no flexibility there.

Reactions: mthurman
Thanks for the reply. It sounds like the SRs can't push the envelope to get the vehicles delivered any sooner. So, I'll hurry up and wait. I suppose the biggest cliffhanger for me is the "1-3 week" delivery time on the website, but we've all been waiting longer than that. Frustrating
The good news is that the average wait time between receiving the VIN and picking up the car seems to be only 4 days in Utah from what I’ve seen on the sheet and from the chart that another user here put together.

Reactions: SeaM3White2021
Tesla just gave me a call and said that there were some paint imperfections that they needed to fix before my intended delivery tomorrow 3/11... moved my appointment date to Saturday 3/13 so they can fix them. Pretty disappointed, I hope the paint chips aren't too bad...

you actually want the paint to cure for a month before applying ppf, otherwise you risk the ppf pulling the paint off when it gets removed in the future.

i don't need to drive my car right away, so i'm waiting a month for ppf and ceramic coating.

I drive 40k miles a year including gravel roads starting at the end of the month over summer, I couldn't wait a month, ten years from now the next guy might be pretty upset though if he pulls it off.

Last edited:
I didn't order until the 8th of March. Was planning to wait to take delivery in April sometime, but it sounds like West coasters typically receive towards the end of the quarter, and if I waited much longer, I'd slip out to late May/June possibly.

Asked my SA today when to expect VIN. According to him "You will be receiving more updates via text message as we get closer, but I would assume the week of the 21st you should be getting matched". FWIW my delivery window on status page shows 13th to 31st of March currently.

I didn't order until the 8th of March. Was planning to wait to take delivery in April sometime, but it sounds like West coasters typically receive towards the end of the quarter, and if I waited much longer, I'd slip out to late May/June possibly.

Asked my SA today when to expect VIN. According to him "You will be receiving more updates via text message as we get closer, but I would assume the week of the 21st you should be getting matched". FWIW my delivery window on status page shows 13th to 31st of March currently.
so last week of the month for us in Seattle. Curious which dealership in Seattle you got this response from. My SA in bellevue is barely responsive

Reactions: Jeff Davlt
Ordered 1/22 white/white NO VIN! The date keeps moving forward everyday! Today it's 3/26-3/31. They sent me email and text about delivery last week but that was clearly auto response. I contacted my SA and he just said it should be "soon" that was also a week ago.
Thought I wrote this for a second lmao. Ordered 1/22 White/White with no VIN. Same delivery window. SA told me "soon." I don't know if it is something about ordering 1/22 or White/White but neither of those seem to be getting VINs.

I literally just scheduled mine - i am in a very similar situation to you. I am out the 19-22nd. The link in my text was only for a 3 day window - 2 of which weren't even in my estimated range. I got a choice of 21, 22nd, 23rd. All times were available throughout the day - 10am out to 5pm.

You are correct though, if you can't pickup in that 3 day window, VIN gets reassigned. My SA really said there is no flexibility there.
My SA told me they would work with me since I have to travel over 4 hours to get my car. They said they are not flexible for people who are close enough to get the car, but people like me who have to fly to the dealership will have more than the 3-day window.