Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well this is strange: My estimated delivery just went from the 26 - 31st to the 23-29th. Maybe something is happening? Pretty sure the 23rd is out.

I just checked and there is a match to my configuration in local inventory. Well, my guess it's not actually there, but at least something will be there soon.

So I got impatient (well have been...) and called the local SC I was told I would be picking up from. Here are the bullet points:

• Has not been produced yet, but I have a "production slot" for this month
  • Estimated delivery is 3/26/21 give or take 48hrs (said I may get a VIN tomorrow)
  • I am within 15mi of the SC so they will most likely be doing home delivery

I think those of us remaining that ordered before sometime in March will all get our vehicles, probably with hours to spare before the end of Q1...

Well this is strange: My estimated delivery just went from the 26 - 31st to the 23-29th. Maybe something is happening? Pretty sure the 23rd is out.

I just checked and there is a match to my configuration in local inventory. Well, my guess it's not actually there, but at least something will be there soon.
you prompted me to check my delivery dates. Still showing 3/26 - 3/31 just like it did this morning

So I got impatient (well have been...) and called the local SC I was told I would be picking up from. Here are the bullet points:

• Has not been produced yet, but I have a "production slot" for this month
  • Estimated delivery is 3/26/21 give or take 48hrs (said I may get a VIN tomorrow)
  • I am within 15mi of the SC so they will most likely be doing home delivery

I think those of us remaining that ordered before sometime in March will all get our vehicles, probably with hours to spare before the end of Q1...
Thanks for this level of detail. Sounds more plausible now that end of the quarter is nearing.

So ... what questions did you ask them to get this level of detail? My SA is at a showroom location and not at the SC I indicated for delivery. I'm also with 15 miles of SC so I suspect mine will be switched to home delivery also.

Thanks for this level of detail. Sounds more plausible now that end of the quarter is nearing.

So ... what questions did you ask them to get this level of detail? My SA is at a showroom location and not at the SC I indicated for delivery. I'm also with 15 miles of SC so I suspect mine will be switched to home delivery also.

I was pretty open and honest. Called up the SC I was originally supposed to take delivery at, in their IVR, option #4 was for new vehicle delivery. Got a real person immediately, and I told them I ordered an M3 about 7 weeks ago and I've reached out to my SA a few times without a response and I wanted to see if they could give me any more info. They verified I didn't have a car "on the lot" so they took a look at the reservation and could see I was slotted for production and based on that he estimated when it would be available. I'm thinking I'll be getting delivery this weekend if everything is in order.

I was pretty open and honest. Called up the SC I was originally supposed to take delivery at, in their IVR, option #4 was for new vehicle delivery. Got a real person immediately, and I told them I ordered an M3 about 7 weeks ago and I've reached out to my SA a few times without a response and I wanted to see if they could give me any more info. They verified I didn't have a car "on the lot" so they took a look at the reservation and could see I was slotted for production and based on that he estimated when it would be available. I'm thinking I'll be getting delivery this weekend if everything is in order.
Considering tomorrow is weds to get something by weekend would be pretty impressive.

It is time for me to also bid my waiting room brethren farewell. See you in another thread. My delivery appointment was moved from Monday to Friday but I called my SC and they worked me in today. Just got back, overall car is in great condition. A few minor issues but I will make an appointment to have those issues addressed. Will give it a more detailed review tomorrow.

Attachments

• F3D1E438-1849-405A-8CA3-FD7974A9BE4A.jpeg
    F3D1E438-1849-405A-8CA3-FD7974A9BE4A.jpeg
    828.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 77E8C23D-09E4-49F0-B878-BF304D96487B.jpeg
    77E8C23D-09E4-49F0-B878-BF304D96487B.jpeg
    573.6 KB · Views: 56
  • EAE8F335-5EFE-455C-9CC0-3C611DB15CC6.jpeg
    EAE8F335-5EFE-455C-9CC0-3C611DB15CC6.jpeg
    756.4 KB · Views: 65
Considering tomorrow is weds to get something by weekend would be pretty impressive.

oh yeah, for sure, and Sunday night may roll around and I come back here with my tail between my legs BUT the reason I believe that its possible is that: JindoFuzz has a production slot for tomorrow (I believe) I ordered roughly two weeks earlier so I'm betting we'll be in the same production run, if I haven't already been started (apparently VINs are matched as its loaded to a transport trailer so could come today still... not holding my breath on that one). I lived in Palo Alto/Mt. View/Los Gatos for a few years and have made the trek from the bay to PDX many, many times, without any issues its a straight run under the 11hr DOT regs for continuous driving so the transport truck shouldn't need to pull off to "rest." I dont have a trade in, my "checklist items" are all done, and I'm a pretty straight shot from the SC...

We shall see!

It is time for me to also bid my waiting room brethren farewell. See you in another thread. My delivery appointment was moved from Monday to Friday but I called my SC and they worked me in today. Just got back, overall car is in great condition. A few minor issues but I will make an appointment to have those issues addressed. Will give it a more detailed review tomorrow.

ROFL, is that a wii controller cover?!

Oh yeah, for those picking up in Charlotte my car arrived yesterday but there was a truck unloading M3s and MYs while I was there. I also didn’t have a touch less delivery. They brought the car up and walked me through most of the options. Great staff there.

Thats funny, if you dont mind me asking, what was the reasoning?

I wouldnt have thought of it myself, but you know... there very well could be a market for charger "wraps" or bedazzled covers or similar...
The handle (charge wand or whatever it is called) feels very sturdy but I suspected if it was wet I might drop it. Just trying to keep a grip and/or stop it from being busted if I drop it. I will do big charges where it is now but swap to where my F150 is and tether with the 110v mobile connector in the carport most days. Fitting the F150 where the Tesla is at is no easy task.

The handle (charge wand or whatever it is called) feels very sturdy but I suspected if it was wet I might drop it. Just trying to keep a grip and/or stop it from being busted if I drop it. I will do big charges where it is now but swap to where my F150 is and tether with the 110v mobile connector in the carport most days. Fitting the F150 where the Tesla is at is no easy task.

See there you go! (and a new product was born) wouldnt be hard to make a grippy rubber cover, maybe one that covers the entirely of the handheld so to prevent water intrusion if dropped (or left outside) with a little cap or something. Different colors, materials, hell maybe even license some sports balls team logos on em. ;)

ok ... just got off the phone with the Lynnwood SC (place I designated for delivery). Was told the following:
1. I am not scheduled for home delivery. Was advised keep delivery for the SC at this time. If I were to change it might mess up my place in line. That being said I won't be surprised if I get asked to switch.
2. Was told my car build was 'soft matched' to a VIN but the SC could not see the VIN yet.
3. Was told my car is projected to arrive by end of this week to early next week. Loosely interpreted Friday to next Weds.

Person on the phone was a using some special 'sleuthy' tool to look up my RN and see status. He also mentioned the tool was wrong on a previous inquiry (it told him car would not come until next quarter but ended up being matched an hour later). All that being said delivery right at or close to the end of the quarter seems plausible but I will not believe anything until I get a VIN.