Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I don’t understand is why doesn’t Tesla use trains to transport some of these cars . The Fremont factory is right by rail tracks . It would be faster especially to move them to the east coast rather than loading up like 8 cars at a time on a semi .
They do use Trains, cars for delivery to St. Louis, MO are transported by Train to Chicago, then trucked to St. Louis, I'm guessing Chicago is the hub for much of the Central US, not sure about further east.

Not a gas shortage but a ransomeware attack that cause supply chain disruption. The stupid hysteria is calming down and theres gas at stations without people lining up for it.

Though the price is still pretty high for the area
i am glad to hear that the hysteria is calming down as it was getting bad from what I was told. I have friends in charlotte and they were telling me it was bad. The problem is whenever people hear shortage or they are told a product is unavailable for a time people panic and start trying to impulse buy, hence the reports that we in the north east heard of people putting gas in plastic bags and filling 15 Gerry cans

the price is the crazy again up here too . paying 3.39 a gallon again and going up.

I always wondered why they couldn't just have an estimated month of delivery and then they would have different stages on their website so you can track where your order is along the process. Such as Order Received, Order Confirmed, Vehicle in Production, Production Complete, Final Check Before Shipping, Shipped to Destination, Delivered, Schedule Pickup. I don't know if it would be beneficial if they could even add averages of how long each stage takes. Edit to add another idea: And then they could add what number they are working on and what number your vehicle is, like a queue.

Reactions: ytfsic
Waiting is definitely hard. But watching delivery estimates move back and forth and disappear over and over is REALLY hard
Yeah, it did get removed and then reappear once already for me. That really worried me for a while! It was me searching for whether I needed to provide the insurance information for my current vs. Tesla VIN policy that caused me to find this forum! I was worried it was pending delivery date on that information.

I think most mars will come through by end of June. They may be sitting in the service center lot for a few more weeks waiting for a part, but that won't take until September.

Tesla will take a beating if they delay a lot of cars until the fall. I'd probably cancel my order entirely and buy something else, and I'm sure I'm not alone. I want my fun car for the summer coming out of COVID lockdowns :) For me, end of September means about 5-6 weeks until I start getting snow on the ground.

I agree. If they push my delivery until the fall I will 100% cancel. The whole point of this was that I would have the summer cruising around in my car. A great post-COVID present to myself.

However if they screw me around I'll just save up more and put down $$$ on a 2022 Model 3 next spring. Im sure by then the range will be higher anyway.

They moved me right today, now June 2nd to June 19th.

Just a couple days ago it was May 31st to June 17th.

Count your blessings my man. Mines pushed all the way to june 7-27th...
On the 26th, my finance approval will expire (marks 90 days, yes, in canada, atleast toronto, approvals are valid for 90 days).

Not really sure what to expect now. Ive pumped countless gas again waiting for the car to arrive.

I ordered mine April 11th. The date for me keeps changing. It would say June and then last week it said May25th - June 8th. Then it went back to June 15-June 30. Then it went 8-12 weeks from order. Then back to June 15-June 30. Now it is back to 8-12 weeks.