Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why does it goes east to west first if it's shipping from Fremont California? Shipping from shanghai is understandable, though :/
If they ship to east first, they can then make cars for closer deliveries while those to the east get transported. The farther the deliveries are, the longer it takes for them to get to the destination. This way the cars will arrive fairly the same time for almost everyone. If that makes sense.

Reactions: sroy
Reached out to my SA since ordering to see what they had to say on the matter. They stated they are being regulated by the service team to keep deliveries going and that they still expect a June delivery for myself.

My fear is since it seems like there is a decent chance of my 3 is sitting on the lot just waiting for this mess to clear that VIN to delivery could be in a matter of days as posted earlier, I plan to switch from cash to financing. I did ask if for whatever reason I went past the 60 days the application is good for, would the recheck be a hard or soft pull and they indicated soft. Any truth to that?

according to my SA, it is a soft check.
your interest rate might change as it is only good for 60 days (atleast here in toronto canada).

lastly, i heard that finance companies/banks are able to extend the expiry of the offer by 30 days. might have to check this out in the days to come.

My SA told me that my financing approval is good for 60 days and that it should still be ok if I take delivery a few days after the 60 days is past. I got approved on April 21 and me estimated date of delivery is June 9-29 so my 60 days would be June 20. So it looks like my SA is confident that I'll take delivery mid to late June which is what he told me the first time he called me. I'm hoping it would be early June though.

Reactions: travis3000
My SA told me that my financing approval is good for 60 days and that it should still be ok if I take delivery a few days after the 60 days is past. I got approved on April 21 and me estimated date of delivery is June 9-29 so my 60 days would be June 20. So it looks like my SA is confident that I'll take delivery mid to late June which is what he told me the first time he called me. I'm hoping it would be early June though.
just wondering, on teslas website (support, ordering a new tesla) it says:

When do I apply for Tesla Financing or Leasing?
Finance approvals are valid for 90 days, so we advise you apply for financing once you are within that time frame of delivery. Leasing approvals are valid for 90 days.

given my location, does the number of days change if u guys were to check it out?
cuz, it may very well be 90 days for us all (i hope, but lets see).

Why does it goes east to west first if it's shipping from Fremont California? Shipping from shanghai is understandable, though :/
If they ship to east first, they can then make cars for closer deliveries while those to the east get transported. The farther the deliveries are, the longer it takes for them to get to the destination. This way the cars will arrive fairly the same time for almost everyone. If that makes sense.
A fictitious scenario to help make Sonrantos's point: Suppose on 6/17 Tesla has zero vehicles on-hand, but can build 100 vehicles per day, and have 500 to deliver to New York (4 day transit time) and 500 to deliver to Los Angeles (1 day transit). Starting 6/18 they can produce the 500 for NYC, complete production in 5 days and get them to NYC by 6/27 for delivery by 6/30. The 500 for LA would start production 6/23 and arrive in LA 6/29 to just barely make it for 6/30 delivery. But if they ship that first batch of 500 to LA, the second batch to NYC would not arrive until July 2, thus not making it in the quarter.

Reactions: ZYaj and sonrantos

Finance approvals are valid for 90 days, so we advise you apply for financing once you are within that time frame of delivery. Leasing approvals are valid for 90 days.

given my location, does the number of days change if u guys were to check it out?
I was wondering about that too. I've read 90 days on the site and also from someone on here as well. But my SA said 60 days.

I was wondering about that too. I've read 90 days on the site and also from someone on here as well. But my SA said 60 days.
tell them about the 90 days.
because yes, it used to be 60 days (perhaps 2-3 months ago) but it recently changed (around the time i ordered 3/28).
they probably arent familiar with the recent change.
ask ur SA to confirm with the finance advisor. they'll then be able to refer to the website (or just tell em).

edit: my SA also initially thought that it was 60 days but then i told her, your website says 90 days. then she verified with the FA then bam, 90 days.

I was given this email when I had other questions regarding my loan application through Tesla. I received an email with an answer from them about a day later. So you might be able to confirm the 60-90 limit with them. I haven't received one call, text, email from my SA so I wasn't going to wait around on them to find answers. I did the online chat on the tesla site and they gave me the finance email.
[email protected]

Interesting that I see "Finance approvals are valid for between 30-60 days" in this link. Maybe the it's 90 days for Canada and 30-60 for USA?
Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 11.24.08 AM.png

I had been waiting to submit loan application since I didn't want the approval to expire before delivery. The delivery estimate (currently 6/9 - 6/30) had been more that 60 days away (ordered 4/7 from Southern California). But now that the back end estimate of 6/30 is within the 60 days with about 2 weeks buffer if there is a delay, I think it's time to submit the loan application. Trying to balance the timing to not have the approval expire while also not delaying the delivery since financing has not yet been done.

I noticed on the order site that the SR+ and LR are saying 4-11 weeks, but the LR Performance says 4-6 weeks. This could be totally unrelated and maybe they prioritize the performance models anyway, but maybe the part issue is something to do with the non-performance rear motor?

I know there's other differences but that's one of the big differences between the LR AWD and LR Performance? The SR+ would have the same motor too

tell them about the 90 days.
because yes, it used to be 60 days (perhaps 2-3 months ago) but it recently changed (around the time i ordered 3/28).
they probably arent familiar with the recent change.
ask ur SA to confirm with the finance advisor. they'll then be able to refer to the website (or just tell em).

edit: my SA also initially thought that it was 60 days but then i told her, your website says 90 days. then she verified with the FA then bam, 90 days.
It seems like 90 days might be right. I hit my 60 days yesterday and I haven't heard anything about it. Fingers crossed.

I noticed on the order site that the SR+ and LR are saying 4-11 weeks, but the LR Performance says 4-6 weeks. This could be totally unrelated and maybe they prioritize the performance models anyway, but maybe the part issue is something to do with the non-performance rear motor?

I know there's other differences but that's one of the big differences between the LR AWD and LR Performance? The SR+ would have the same motor too
No. Well SR+ has the same motor as the rear P one but that's not what's happening. There are much fewer P orders so they are more built "to order" than the other models and there may still be "factory time" left in Q2 for P as opposed to SR and LR.