Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend and her husband ordered a Model Y in Bloomington, IL using my referral code on the 15th of this month. I ordered an M3 LR from the same store on 5/1. They got lucky and there was one in their spec already there that someone had either backed out of buying or deferred delivery on. They have the VIN assigned and everything. However, they can't take delivery yet because of a "software issue." I'm gonna assume this is the same issue causing the "containment hold."

Ordered a Blue/White LR M3 with 18" wheels on 5/14. I've completed all the tasks except insurance which I can't complete until I receive a VIN. Showing 4-11 weeks.

One question: I accepted the US Bank Financing terms at 2.49% but I have a FICO of 808 so I know I can do better. I emailed my SA and he said he had to check whether Tesla still did rate matching. I thought that was strange, because everything I've seen would indicate Tesla still does, and surprised my SA wouldn't know that. Any thoughts?

Ordered a Blue/White LR M3 with 18" wheels on 5/14. I've completed all the tasks except insurance which I can't complete until I receive a VIN. Showing 4-11 weeks.

One question: I accepted the US Bank Financing terms at 2.49% but I have a FICO of 808 so I know I can do better. I emailed my SA and he said he had to check whether Tesla still did rate matching. I thought that was strange, because everything I've seen would indicate Tesla still does, and surprised my SA wouldn't know that. Any thoughts?
You can email finance at [email protected] instead of going through your SA if you want to be sure. It's probably best that he checks first rather than telling you something that might not be true but I think I've seen others saying that they were able to get their rates matched by emailing finance with the other offer. If not you can always just take the other offer instead of going directly through Tesla, might be a little more hassle but for a lower rate it would be worth it.

Definitely email [email protected]. My 2.49% went to 1.99% after emailing. It was also quickly actioned maybe 20mins after my email (during business hours of course)

I see a lot of people talking about a Tesla SA. What is that? I assume this is some kind of local Tesla rep. If I ordered mine online, do I have a Tesla SA assigned to me too?
Sales Advisor. Once you place an order, you get assigned one. Some are more proactive than others. I am really happy with mine. Very professional and responsive. If you haven’t heard from one you can reach out to the orders email address from your delivery point.

Reactions: EVxdream
Thank you all. Very helpful and lightning fast responses!

One other question: I ordered and forget to put in a referral code to get 1,000 supercharger miles. I read that if you email [email protected] shortly after you place the order, they can go back and add the referral code to your order. I did that on 5/16 and I've heard nothing back and nothing shows in my Loot Box on the Tesla App. Any thoughts/perspective on this?

One other question: I ordered and forget to put in a referral code to get 1,000 supercharger miles. I read that if you email [email protected] shortly after you place the order, they can go back and add the referral code to your order. I did that on 5/16 and I've heard nothing back and nothing shows in my Loot Box on the Tesla App. Any thoughts/perspective on this?
I don't think it shows up until the car is delivered.. I had a referral link as well and it doesn't show a credit yet either.

My SA asked me straight up and set it within the first day. If you didn’t get a confirmation I would personally send another enail every 24 pr every 48 hours until confirmed

You can also go through your SA to have the referral code added but it's not going to show until after delivery otherwise you could use it before you actually paid for the car if you had a tesla already. You can check with the person who's referral code you used and see if your order shows up in their referrals list.

EDGE3 - where can you check this?

"You can check with the person who's referral code you used and see if your order shows up in their referrals list."
If the person who's link you used signs into their tesla account it'll show at the bottom of the page under "Tesla referral program" or in "My referrals" from the loot box in the app. They can see a list of ordered, delivered, and cancelled orders there, it'll only show first names.