Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning all! Glad to see a LOT of long time waiters getting some action with their VIN's, etc. I have been following this forum / thread since I got serious about a Model 3 and good to see I am not the only one who is absolutely fired up to own this car.

So I ordered a M3 LR blue with aero wheels (no FSD) on 5/22 for delivery here in Raleigh, NC - I know waiting a whole 6 days :) . The initial estimate that I saw was 4-11 weeks and after watching here I figured I'd settle in for the long haul with MAYBE a chance of getting delivery in the June rush if I am lucky ...

Well ... I just checked the site today seeing all the moved and now my EDD is 6/12 - 6/30 ... I'll take it!!! I now see what everyone is saying about the reality slowing setting in ... I have never been some anxious to see a VIN come through! HAHA

Morning all! Glad to see a LOT of long time waiters getting some action with their VIN's, etc. I have been following this forum / thread since I got serious about a Model 3 and good to see I am not the only one who is absolutely fired up to own this car.

So I ordered a M3 LR blue with aero wheels (no FSD) on 5/22 for delivery here in Raleigh, NC - I know waiting a whole 6 days :) . The initial estimate that I saw was 4-11 weeks and after watching here I figured I'd settle in for the long haul with MAYBE a chance of getting delivery in the June rush if I am lucky ...

Well ... I just checked the site today seeing all the moved and now my EDD is 6/12 - 6/30 ... I'll take it!!! I now see what everyone is saying about the reality slowing setting in ... I have never been some anxious to see a VIN come through! HAHA
Have you been to the Raleigh center any this week ? I ordered the same config as you on 4/23 . Monday it was full of cars and a mix of everything .

Have you been to the Raleigh center any this week ? I ordered the same config as you on 4/23 . Monday it was full of cars and a mix of everything .
I went earlier this week (Monday if I recall) and I was shocked to see how full the lot was! So cool that you are getting the exact same config. Earlier this week was my first time actually driving a M3 LR AWD ... holy SMOKES this car is fast. Coming from a 2018 Accord 2.0T which is "quick" but low 4's with all the instant torque is next level. Hoping you get yours soon ... what EDD is showing for you right now?

Nope, I've asked but just get generic "no updates at this time" to anything I ask if I get a response at all. I asked if they could still see any estimated delivery dates on their end: "No updates at this time", Can I expect it before the end of June: "No updates at this time", Can I expect it before the end of July: "No updates at this time". I don't plan to buy another Tesla unless I can buy it straight off the lot, I have no intentions of going through this process again, the lack of any kind of transparency is awful.
I finally got through to somebody in chat from Tesla that would give me any information since my EDD went blank a few weeks ago. It sounds like my delivery is based on my original order date rather than when I removed it from hold so it's 3-13 weeks from March 26th

Reactions: sonrantos
I’ve seen a lot of folks post about unresponsive SAs, I guess mine is the exception to the rule. He has been helpful, even warning me that if I didn’t take delivery from the stock they had back in March that I would be waiting. He’s kept me updated and has texted and emailed with updates every few weeks. I’d like to make sure I give him a shout-out so he gets an attaboy from his boss, anyone know if Tesla does a post-delivery survey?

Did you order online or work with your SA at a Tesla service center? If the latter then let him know how great he did and ask for his supervisor's contact information. A letter or email with this feedback could go a long way.

Reactions: deltwalrus
With your order date I would think yours is already on a lot. Did you try to contact your pickup SC?
Takes them a week or more to respond. I need to get a bank draft which takes a few days too.. will be pissed if I get the vin, order a bank draft and they sell it out from under me while I wait for the draft.. lol.. oh well.. time will tell. already been 9 weeks, what's another week right?

Takes them a week or more to respond. I need to get a bank draft which takes a few days too.. will be pissed if I get the vin, order a bank draft and they sell it out from under me while I wait for the draft.. lol.. oh well.. time will tell. already been 9 weeks, what's another week right?
I would call them, harder to ignore. Or if it's not far I would even drive over there.