Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find myself checking my Tesla Account every few hours. I know. Neurotic behavior. Which of the following comes first when a VIN and/or delivery date is designated?
(a) A call from my SA
(b) An email letting me know that I have a final pay balance
(c) My Tesla Account gets updated

Reactions: rpayton1974
so, finally picking up the model 3this monday (31st of May).
some words of wisdom that may help you all. this was a totally a new experience for me, and even after buying vehicles in the past, this tesla way of buying is abit alien. hopefully my 2cents could help yall line your ducks up prior to delivery. all the following are based off of my own experience. it may or may not help you. but either or, here it is:

-if u see no vin, but you have accepted the teslavision screen prompt, hit CTRL+U then search for "5y" or "5yj" or whichever your country uses for model 3 vins.
once youve located your vin, go back to tesla model 3 main page and chat with a representative. verify your vin is actually YOURS. when verified, ask when your delivery could be. they would most likely say they will get a delivery associate to holler at you. (means its very soon).

now for the adult responsibilities

-bank draft/certified cheque/wire transfer: i was told by my SA before that a personal cheque was good enough. apparently, its a NO NO (atleast for the SC im picking up from). so get this done up in advanced (just enough time before ur delivery date).
-who to name the cheque to: you should name it to the delivery centre you are picking up from. same goes for the address. it has to be that specific one.

-insurance: my insurance wouldnt release the insurance slip for me to be able to pick up the car UNLESS i send them the ownership and the purchase agreement (how in the world would i have the ownership if i havent taken delivery yet right?). this purchase agreement ISNT the MVPA that YOU have access to on your manage tab in your tesla account. but instead, u could do these two things: 1.) make sure u get your SA to contact your insurance agent directly so they could sort this out FOR YOU because YOU cannot do anything since only tesla and your insurance have the dox needed to get u going. 2.) ask your SA to send you your "PRO-FORMA MVPA". when u have this, you could send it to your insurance agent directly and should be sufficient to cut u an insurance slip. the insurance slip is required for pick up. according to my SA, tesla blocks 3rd party emails. in my case, this would mean that whatever inquiries my insurer sent to tesla would get rejected automatically. instead, my SA did her due diligence to actually call my agent directly and sort things out. but if this wasnt possible, please get your pro-forma mvpa. this would contain pricing, vin, vehicle config, sellers name, your name etc etc.

anywho, thats all ive got to share, i wish i knew all of these things prior so i could get it sorted out asap. but i just did all of these in a day (which was yesterday) and now i am praying that by pick up day monday, my bank draft would also be ready.

*bonus tip: if u are preppin a bankdraft to be brought to the delivery day, if u are in a rush, after your request was made through ur bank, monitor your bank account on a daily to see if the funds have been taken out. ONCE IT HAS, give your bank a call again and tell them to put a RUSH on the bank draft to be picked up on the SAME DAY. so be sure to do this early in the morn (as soon as your bank opens, maybe 8am-9am). u should be golden for the rest of the day.

i hope this helps anyone that may be wondering how to go about the process of picking up.
be patient. dont trust your EDD. mine was estimated to be delivered between June 15-30th. and now, picking up may 31st.

My dates changed to June 1 - 11 this morning but still no VIN. I probably refreshed my account page a few dozen times since waking up.
I talked to Live Chat and the guy was no help. He just basically told me that the dates are accurate but since I have no VIN then the car is not built yet. I said how could it be accurate if the delivery window starts in 3 days? I guess the car is getting built and it will get teleported to Canada? lol

My dates changed to June 1 - 11 this morning but still no VIN. I probably refreshed my account page a few dozen times since waking up.
I talked to Live Chat and the guy was no help. He just basically told me that the dates are accurate but since I have no VIN then the car is not built yet. I said how could it be accurate if the delivery window starts in 3 days? I guess the car is getting built and it will get teleported to Canada? lol

have you tried logging out and opening another tab and clearing your cache and cookies and THEN logging in?
i mean, what are the odds of this being the factor that will result in your vin poppin right?
well, its what i did THAT night when ppls vins were dropping.
although it wasnt there, i just sourced code it and atleast in my situation, it was infact there.

have you tried logging out and opening another tab and clearing your cache and cookies and THEN logging in?
i mean, what are the odds of this being the factor that will result in your vin poppin right?
well, its what i did THAT night when ppls vins were dropping.
although it wasnt there, i just sourced code it and atleast in my situation, it was infact there.
Yeah I tried that. I even opened my account on a different browser (Safari) and also on my work computer. No luck.

Last edited:
I find myself checking my Tesla Account every few hours. I know. Neurotic behavior. Which of the following comes first when a VIN and/or delivery date is designated?
(a) A call from my SA
(b) An email letting me know that I have a final pay balance
(c) My Tesla Account gets updated
You should maximize your reaction score and make that a 👍 for call, 😂 for email, and ℹ️ for Tesla account lol

that being said, if your neurotic behavior is anything like mine, you’ll definitely find it from your Tesla account first lol