Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually stopped by the Carlsbad delivery center to check on my order today. They were overwhelmed with the MY deliveries today. There were too many MYs on their lot and probably 3-4 M3s . The SA checked my order and said a bunch of them are gonna be built on Jun1 for this delivery center. She also mentioned that a couple of M3's they got, the customers cancelled their orders and will go to the next in line. So hopefully we should at least get our VINs Jun 1st week latest.
Any chance you would have noticed a black M3 there?

That'll only work for so long. They're still fine for right now because there's really no competition but as other automakers start to catch up Tesla is going to need to fix their customer service experience. I know I'll be switching to another brand once I'm done with this car (assuming it gets delivered by the end of June, otherwise it gets cancelled), I already cancelled my Cybertruck order. For me personally this isn't worth it.
It baffles me how people can't wait 1-3 months for a car they ordered online. Have you owned a tesla before? I have and I can vouch for how great they are. If this is your first time owning a tesla... I doubt you will want to switch after you experience owning one. Sure the SA experience needs to improve. But the waiting game isn't as bad as your all making it. 3 months tops. And if you know when they push orders out, you could cut it down to 1 or less.

It baffles me how people can't wait 1-3 months for a car they ordered online
Does it really? Is it that shocking that people are impatient waiting for a $50k+ purchase? What about people who don't have a car, but need one? I have a truck to last me, so no biggie, though I am still excited to get it as quick as possible, but not every is so lucky. Also dealing with financing. I have a pre-approval that was a hit to my credit that lasts 60 days. I'm hopeful to get it before the end of the Q, but if I don't and I have to renew my credit, that's another ding on my credit.

Does it really? Is it that shocking that people are impatient waiting for a $50k+ purchase? What about people who don't have a car, but need one? I have a truck to last me, so no biggie, though I am still excited to get it as quick as possible, but not every is so lucky. Also dealing with financing. I have a pre-approval that was a hit to my credit that lasts 60 days. I'm hopeful to get it before the end of the Q, but if I don't and I have to renew my credit, that's another ding on my credit.

Is it surprising? Yes and no. No, because I’m also one to be impatiently waiting. :) Yes because what research did they do prior to ordering? Knowing how Tesla was different from other manufactures I researched how the process works to set my expectations and plan accordingly. I knew when I ordered in April that June was the likely delivery timeframe and planned accordingly. Any earlier would have been gravy. I did get lucky that I got a decent SA. When I say decent, they were fairly proactive in communication before ordering and right after ordering. Not so much in the later weeks, but every time I reached out they did respond fairly quickly. When asked about the hold, I think they gave me a canned answer. But I also understand they either can’t share the info or are probably not told any information. It sucks for those that get sucky SA’s though.

I am though used to ordering cars as I want my vehicles configured exactly the way I want and don’t want my vehicle sitting on the lot for a long time. So I tend to order than buy lot vehicles. I ordered my 2017 Camaro SS in January and got it in March.

I would say the worst thing about the Tesla experience so far is them dictating to you when you pick up the car and give you only 3 days to pick it up or it’s given to someone else. That’s horrible service especially this round of deliveries where the hold due to Tesla vision causing extremely short notices of your car is ready for pickup. Again I knew that before ordering and accepted it, but it is still trash.

But maybe I’m being too harsh, but I’m surprised at the people who didn’t research prior to ordering. Seems like a lot ordered first than came to discover how the process goes. Cause outside of the unexpected hold due to Tesla Vision, it’s unfolding exactly how my research set my expectations and my planning. I’m not saying you have to accept how Tesla operates. Don’t like it? Yeah go with another brand. And Tesla can certainly improve in the customer service area and going with the competition instead of Tesla may get them to improve it. But I accepted how the process is when I ordered it. Again doesn’t stop me from waiting impatiently for my car cause I want my car darn it! :)

I was originally also going to do the white, but a little work bonus pushed me over the top and I splurged.. I think the white looks awesome.. like a storm trooper.. I’m more of a Darth Vader and I saw a black on black with 20% tint with black rims on my way to the showroom I knew I had to have it.. I want to paint my calipers but I don’t know what color - Maybe dark Maroon or Garnet.. want a subtle pop and red is too bright
Maroon definitely or Burgundy

Today was supposed to be the day but…

Received a text from the SC: “Hello, this is Tesla Delivery in Jacksonville. We were expecting your vehicle to arrive today but our logistics partner just informed us that your vehicle won't arrive until after the holiday now on 6/4. Is there another day after 6/4 that we can reschedule your appointment. Sorry for the inconvenience”

Another few days of anticipation I suppose won’t hurt 😔

Last edited:
Reactions: travis3000