Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you're overstating the "built for you" custom part. It's like In N Out, you have the option of a burger, a fries, a drink, and a shake. You can make some minor modifications, extra patties, mix flavors in the shake, but there's nothing special about the customizations that would mean they couldn't have them in stock, and in normal times they would just match you to what's available. The only reason it's 1-3 months is because their supply chain isn't keeping up with demand.
And in comparison with Ford, Dodge, eyc... The are a very new company which has to make their start somewhere. I think you are overstating their ability. You order a car you wait 1-3 months which is pretty on par with other car manufactures. So........?

Why does this matter? So your purchase price shows lower than 50k or something? Genuine question
Yes. My registration fees and taxes are based upon the initial purchasing cost moving forward in the state of Washington. Instead of my car being $62,000, it will show up at $50,000 and my cars taxable value will base itself off of that cost. The aftermarket upgrade of FSD is only taxed for sales tax value and will no longer influence my registration fees in the future. :)

Same thing happened to me. Tesla vision message popped up Friday night, then found the VIN in source code. But it still doesn't show on my Tesla page. But I did call my Tesla dealer, read them the VIN...they verified it. They also told me my car is being delivered to their dealer May 4th, and to arrange pick up for May 5th.
I am picking mine up Next sunday.. I don't have a VIN on the account page yet either.. but i spoke with an SA at my SC and they said it will be there on the 5th.. and I can pickup 6,7,8 so obviously I picked the 6th. :)

And in comparison with Ford, Dodge, eyc... The are a very new company which has to make their start somewhere. I think you are overstating their ability. You order a car you wait 1-3 months which is pretty on par with other car manufactures. So........?
It is on par with the rest for electric vehicles. Maybe a bit better. Car wise it’s the best one to me bar none. I test drove it and didn’t even try to test drive others because it’s just too good. I’m impatient always have been. Imma hit 3 months when they expect my car which is insane to me but at this point off imma wait. I just got my keep lost week. Have a Toyota Camry as my daily and a GMC truck for longer trips with the family. But this M3 will most likely be my favorite once it arrives.

Reactions: Stan930
Yes. My registration fees and taxes are based upon the initial purchasing cost moving forward in the state of Washington. Instead of my car being $62,000, it will show up at $50,000 and my cars taxable value will base itself off of that cost. The aftermarket upgrade of FSD is only taxed for sales tax value and will no longer influence my registration fees in the future. :)
Are you referring to the RTA? I was under the impression that the DOL based RTA fees on the database values that they maintain and has nothing at all to do with the Bill of sale pricing.

Car was driven to our house around 10:30 am or so and delivered with 186 miles SoC. The delivery person, Iman, was very pleasant and helpful and she mentioned that they got over 100 cars on Friday. Although the communication we received said to sign and mail the paperwork back, they actually wanted them signed and handed over. Just after she arrived and started talking to us, her ride rolled up.

The only real snafu right now is they are having some problem with releasing the car to us, so online we don't have the option yet to "Accept Delivery" and setup the App. It's now almost 3PM and the car is basically in Valet Mode as far as I can tell.

I checked the car over and I didn't see any noteworthy panel gaps (i'll check again after the excitement has worn off a bit) but the left rear light has a bigger gap between the light and the trunk lid compared to the right. One of the rear door-handles might not be flush but I am going to re-check.

• Informative
Reactions: JoJa15
Ordered: May 17
Next Day: Got June 15 - June 30
A couple of days later: EDD got deleted altogether
A couple of days later: June 14 - June 30
This morning: June 13 - June 30

They're playing with me here.
I just went to the Burbank pick up location. The guy said cars start to arrive June 20th and dont get scheduled for delivery til the last few days of June. Told me to ignore all estimates it won’t be sooner. The live chat told me June 4th. This is the stuff people in this thread complain about and rightfully so

I think you're overstating the "built for you" custom part. It's like In N Out, you have the option of a burger, a fries, a drink, and a shake. You can make some minor modifications, extra patties, mix flavors in the shake, but there's nothing special about the customizations that would mean they couldn't have them in stock, and in normal times they would just match you to what's available. The only reason it's 1-3 months is because their supply chain isn't keeping up with demand.
And they don’t prioritize order date. They prioritize locations and unfortunately California is the last one

Are you referring to the RTA? I was under the impression that the DOL based RTA fees on the database values that they maintain and has nothing at all to do with the Bill of sale pricing.
Yes. And the database is based on the features of your vehicle when it is registered. They have a database with the M3 LR AWD with FSD installed from the factory, and an option without as well as other features and additions. It's based on your VIN and the MSRP provided to WA DOL. Other states will have different tax and registration schemes.

I'd like to compare someone else in my area who recently purchased a matching model with FSD versus my RTA fees without FSD. I'm almost positive I paid slightly less.

Yes. And the database is based on the features of your vehicle when it is registered. They have a database with the M3 LR AWD with FSD installed from the factory, and an option without as well as other features and additions. It's based on your VIN and the MSRP provided to WA DOL. Other states will have different tax and registration schemes.

I'd like to compare someone else in my area who recently purchased a matching model with FSD versus my RTA fees without FSD. I'm almost positive I paid slightly less.
I’m not a good comparison because I have a performance on order, but my RTAs for the performance are $627.

The DOL advice specifically says that they don’t take features into account:

0FAC69F5-FF0B-42E6-B9D3-98ED0E74EBC3.jpeg

83A1B0C4-19B7-4D84-BA6C-D647C940E187.jpeg

I just double checked… it looks like I might be wrong here… it looks like maybe cars w/ FSD are referred to as “Auto” models and are reflected in the database with the 10K price increase.

Really strange that they are looking at that feature and wheel upgrades but not paint color, or interior upgrades.

4F6D06CC-26AA-4810-9948-6AEE38302381.jpeg

You can have a great car and also have a shitty ordering process