Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forgot we are waiting around the same time bro! šŸ¤£šŸ˜­ were being tortured with all the May VINs. Hopefully we hear better news soon. When I heard late June for production date for mine it dropped my Tesla high. But eh guess I just gotta wait.
Yeah my Tesla high has dropped a ton, as I see May orders getting vins and here I am with a 4/2 order, definitely havenā€™t been checking my page as much anymore.

I just double checkedā€¦ it looks like I might be wrong hereā€¦ it looks like maybe cars w/ FSD are referred to as ā€œAutoā€ models and are reflected in the database with the 10K price increase.

Really strange that they are looking at that feature and wheel upgrades but not paint color, or interior upgrades.

View attachment 667950

Yes! This is what I saw and based my choice to remove FSD on before purchase. Thank you for finding it I was having a hard time looking it up in a timely manner.

I highly recommend folks who have the credit or cash means to add on FSD <b>AFTER</b> purchase using a rewards card, and then immediately paying off the card with cash. High velocity banking here.

Just my opinion here: the Tesla ordering process isnā€™t perfect, but Iā€™d still take it over typical dealership shenanigans.

Placing the order was so easy that it made me never want to walk into a dealership again. No hours wasted negotiating, waiting, and saying no repeatedly to the finance manager. No settling for what they have on the lot, or accepting forced dealer installed options that you donā€™t want or need. I went in the website while I had a few quiet minutes at work, placed the order, and then finalized the order on my lunch break. Everything done on my schedule.

The wait is what it is. The last time I purchased a car that was this in demand was my Prius, and I waited just as long with no communication whatsoever. For most of the wait, I enjoyed the thrill of going in, looking at the dates, and searching the source code for a hidden VIN. Only last week when it went from a date range to a weeks range did it start to get tedious, though thatā€™s what brought me here to you fine people.

I wonā€™t experience delivery for another week, but everything Iā€™ve heard recently has pointed to it being a dream. A friend who just took delivery of a MY said it took him 3 minutes, including handing over a personal check (bank transfer online wouldnā€™t go through) and signing 3-4 DMV papers. Again Iā€™ll take that over the typical dealership experience.

This is the 6th vehicle Iā€™ve purchased. 4 (3 new, 1 used) of those were from a dealership, and they were a necessary evil that I hated dealing with and playing their game. The most pleasant was the used car we bought locally from a private party through EBay. We went for a test drive, bidded and won, and went with a check to get the car.
Well put. I can not stand having to sit at a dealership for x amount of hours only to have to go through the hard sell of the finance guy trying to sell you that over priced warrentee only to ask you see the value in it. This was relatively painless when it comes to car buying. The only part is knowing when to order. Do your financing, and do your trade in.

Well put. I can not stand having to sit at a dealership for x amount of hours only to have to go through the hard sell of the finance guy trying to sell you that over priced warrentee only to ask you see the value in it. This was relatively painless when it comes to car buying. The only part is knowing when to order. Do your financing, and do your trade in.
This would have been am amazing process if it was more transparent. Yesterday live chat told me June 4th. Today Burbank told me end of June. I talked to live chat today they told me end of June. So what did the live chat guy see yesterday that would indicate June 4th? Why did I have estimates as early as mid May recently? That's the nonsense that annoys people

Yes! This is what I saw and based my choice to remove FSD on before purchase. Thank you for finding it I was having a hard time looking it up in a timely manner.

I highly recommend folks who have the credit or cash means to add on FSD <b>AFTER</b> purchase using a rewards card, and then immediately paying off the card with cash. High velocity banking here.
Ultimately Iā€™m not going to make any changes at this pointā€¦ the difference in RTA is $100 for the first year and will decline over time, but I may consider this for future Tesla purchases for sure

Just checked the order page today, it jumped to May 31 - June 11 this morning.
I also got an email from my SA. She said Tesla just started batch delivery for Q2 this week, therefore, the EDD is gonna change quite rapidly.
Wow. I just got a message from Tesla. I got a VIN and scheduled a delivery date for tomorrow.

This would have been am amazing process if it was more transparent. Yesterday live chat told me June 4th. Today Burbank told me end of June. I talked to live chat today they told me end of June. So what did the live chat guy see yesterday that would indicate June 4th? Why did I have estimates as early as mid May recently? That's the nonsense that annoys people
absolutely in agreement. As the process goes forward with many new buyers like myself, it becomes expected to learn certian quirks about the process. I also agree that as a tech company Tesla should be able to tell me when the car is expected to arrive at the delivery center.

I asked my SA when the car was expected and was told between June 1 and June 7th.. the same as indicated in my account. I asked when in that time frame and I was given the same response. so for me right now is it comes when it comes and I will chill out and wait.. It is only another week.

A perfect example is when we bought my wifeā€™s highlander. We went in at 9am and we were out at 4:30 pm between dickering with the finance guy about rate and trade in value. by the end I was tired and disgusted, just wanting to get home.

Ultimately Iā€™m not going to make any changes at this pointā€¦ the difference in RTA is $100 for the first year and will decline over time, but I may consider this for future Tesla purchases for sure
Another reason why I chose to remove it was to pay for it with a rewards/miles credit card for extra benefits and reduction in costs again. May be a financial incentive for you as well?

Yeah my Tesla high has dropped a ton, as I see May orders getting vins and here I am with a 4/2 order, definitely havenā€™t been checking my page as much anymore.
Yeah I totally agree. I think not checking as often as before will lessen my frustrations with this whole process. Maybe I should lessen my visits here as well as to not see all those May orders get VINs before me.

Reactions: Jaredspink
absolutely in agreement. As the process goes forward with many new buyers like myself, it becomes expected to learn certian quirks about the process. I also agree that as a tech company Tesla should be able to tell me when the car is expected to arrive at the delivery center.

I asked my SA when the car was expected and was told between June 1 and June 7th.. the same as indicated in my account. I asked when in that time frame and I was given the same response. so for me right now is it comes when it comes and I will chill out and wait.. It is only another week.

A perfect example is when we bought my wifeā€™s highlander. We went in at 9am and we were out at 4:30 pm between dickering with the finance guy about rate and trade in value. by the end I was tired and disgusted, just wanting to get home.
Wifeā€™s drives a 2021 Mercedes. She emailed back and forth with her rep. Signed a few papers and was at the dealership for 10 minutes total. Iā€™m sure with Covid dealerships have been more efficient