Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day number 71542144 without my tesla. I sold my car, taking the bus to work, and told the bus driver "this ain't normal... I should be driving a tesla right now..." She rolled her eyes and double-checked my boarding pass to make sure I wasn't one of the crazies who snuck in the bus 😭 Thanks a lot Elon...

jk on the story.
Day 627282631 without my tesla:

dusted the cobwebs off of my 240 volt outlet and whispered “one day”

We found out over on the battery thread that a poster with a M3 LR has a 82.1kwh battery pack! Their VIN was in the 937 range though so that was back in March. If anyone else who takes delivery can check that would be awesome, just to see if this is an anomaly or if all the cars have it.

To do so, go into the Scan My Tesla...

Press ”Full Pack When New” as this shows the marked capacity in kWh.

But at least we know what to expect the next time we “order” a Tesla. We waited 6 months for an 2nd gen prius in 2004 because we wanted A different package then the dealers were getting.. that was torture

I would take this 8 week wait (got my vin and have a pick up date a week from today) for a 30 min process then spending 7 hours in a dealership arguing price/ dealing with a finance guy shoving warentee and service plans down your throat and finally someone forgetting to put plates on your car
The wait wouldn’t be as bad if they didn’t give these fake estimates to people. Look in all honesty I knew it was a big wait but seeing May orders get theirs and your VIN is nowhere near is laughable. I wouldn’t mind if there was better communication. If they just say oh you’re from this area. We service those areas towards the end of quarters. If Tesla had a dealership and I had to sit there for 7 hrs to get my car trust me I’d do it happily. We’re not complaining about the cars here. The buying experience for some is really bad.

The wait wouldn’t be as bad if they didn’t give these fake estimates to people. Look in all honesty I knew it was a big wait but seeing May orders get theirs and your VIN is nowhere near is laughable. I wouldn’t mind if there was better communication. If they just say oh you’re from this area. We service those areas towards the end of quarters. If Tesla had a dealership and I had to sit there for 7 hrs to get my car trust me I’d do it happily. We’re not complaining about the cars here. The buying experience for some is really bad.
This is a tech company 17 years after your Prius. They don’t have an excuse for being this incompetent

Well said!

Official pickup date for me is June 7th! A week today. Lots of time for insurance and financing to be arranged.
Hi Travis,

What did you have selected for payment option at the time you got your VIN? Cash, Tesla Financing, Own Financing?

I was (probably falsely) lead to believe that I needed to complete the financing portion before I'd be able to get a VIN. I had selected Tesla Financing but waited to submit the loan application until the far end of Estimated Delivery Date was within 60 days so the loan approval wouldn't expire. I had been trying to balance waiting so loan doesn't expire with submitting loan to try to get VIN sooner. But seems like getting a VIN had nothing to do with when the financing portion in completed afterall.

Although my financing is done, still no VIN, but would like to hear your experience for benefit of others who will be in the same boat and also for reference if (who am I kidding, when) I order my next Tesla. Thanks!

Last edited:
Anyone in Chicago get their car yet?

Ordered 4/3. White/black, LW, 18" aero. Still no VIN or Tesla vision confirmation, no EDD since last week. Watch it be the last week of June. So frustrating.
I ordered a SR+ to Westmont on 4/21 and I still have not received a VIN. I do have a ballpark estimate that my car should arrive there on 6/3, so I'm guessing there is a new shipment coming to locations this week