Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I went to take delivery this morning... And when I got to the service center I was told that my vehicle has a dent (size of a quarter) in the front bumper.

They are going to have it fixed by Thursday, but does anyone know if I should be concerned about having a repair done prior to accepting delivery? Does this type of thing stay with the car on like a carfax report? They say it needs to be repainted too and I've heard minor repairs often require removal of multiple panels....

Super bummed obviously and hoping it can be fixed quickly and perfectly... But it does make me want to just go down the street and buy a BMW or Audi. I already paid my down deposit so I'm not even sure if I can get out of it anyway

Ordered M3LR on 5/11 it said EDD was June 15th - June 30th. Now today says July 11th - July 31st. 😒
I wish I could say the EDD’s get better but they don’t. I ordered 4/2 and at one point had early May as an EDD, then mid May, then late May and here we are in June, 6/9-29🤷🏻‍♂️ Get ready for it to change a bunch of times. Sometimes it says weeks, other times you may not even have an EDD. It’s seriously a joke, I don’t know any other company that gives their customers such an inaccurate time table on an order, especially when you’re spending 50k+.

So I went to take delivery this morning... And when I got to the service center I was told that my vehicle has a dent (size of a quarter) in the front bumper.

They are going to have it fixed by Thursday, but does anyone know if I should be concerned about having a repair done prior to accepting delivery? Does this type of thing stay with the car on like a carfax report? They say it needs to be repainted too and I've heard minor repairs often require removal of multiple panels....

Super bummed obviously and hoping it can be fixed quickly and perfectly... But it does make me want to just go down the street and buy a BMW or Audi. I already paid my down deposit so I'm not even sure if I can get out of it anyway
You can also reject the vehicle if you want.

Reactions: JarLockHen
This is most excellent my friend. Congratulations. I called out SC yesterday, they are getting deliveries, but not my color or model yet. Whats you pickup time?
I haven’t gotten the schedule link yet, but I may just call the SC here in a bit and see what they say… gotta book a flight and what not.

my EDD this morning was 6/8 - 6/21

I have a good feeling that you won’t be far behind

Reactions: akambience
Been refreshing daily and only ever saw the Next Steps page for insurance (no VIN) but got an order update page today to proceed with delivery due to the removal of the radar. Does this mean I will get VIN soon? or is this just a random step and the wait is still a thing...

Thanks
Once you accept the order update the VIN should come fast, if not instantly.

Reactions: akambience