Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Image from iOS (3).jpg

Took delivery today, couldn't find any issues with it! Ended up grabbing one off inventory as I was concerned for mine to slip into July/Aug. The waits are worth it ya'll! Good luck!!

Average VIN to delivery depends on your location. The farther away you are from Fremont, CA I assume the longer the time frame from when you get your VIN to when you get delivery. For CA I calculated the average time from VIN to delivery is 4 days.
Seams about right. They told me about a week and a half after they issue a vin for delivery in Texas.

Did you try calling them and booking it through the phone? Someone here said they did that and got it booked.
It did allow me to schedule an appoint a little while ago, so I did (Monday was the soonest), but I also called, since I had another question. The local service number for that site apparently routes to central, so it took 30 minutes to get through, unfortunately, but they were able to confirm that my car is still in transit. I do plan to check in later to see if maybe it arrived early and can set up a sooner pickup! I'd love to have some time to get acquainted over the weekend!

The nice thing is that my wife will not be required to be present at pickup, since all trade-in paperwork that had her name on it was taken care of already via FedEx (that was my other question). I was worried about that, since her job is a lot less flexible about letting her get time off.

Are you picking up at the Domain?
No, they scheduled me to pick up at the Pond Springs location. I'm not sure they do pickups at the Domain?

It did allow me to schedule an appoint a little while ago, so I did (Monday was the soonest), but I also called, since I had another question. The local service number for that site apparently routes to central, so it took 30 minutes to get through, unfortunately, but they were able to confirm that my car is still in transit. I do plan to check in later to see if maybe it arrived early and can set up a sooner pickup! I'd love to have some time to get acquainted over the weekend!

The nice thing is that my wife will not be required to be present at pickup, since all trade-in paperwork that had her name on it was taken care of already via FedEx (that was my other question). I was worried about that, since her job is a lot less flexible about letting her get time off.

No, they scheduled me to pick up at the Pond Springs location. I'm not sure they do pickups at the Domain?
Yeah that makes sense. I test drove one over at the domain and was like this would suck to pick up delivery here.

Congrats btw :)

• Love
Reactions: masaokun
What was the process to get this inventory? Did you order and had it shipped from another state, or did they availability in Chicago?
Found on on ev-tsla last Wednesday, and called my SA (Grand Ave) to get matched to it. It came in from Colorado but for some reason there was no delivery charge on it.

Did it have any miles on it? and did they reduce the price since it had miles?
49 miles when I picked it up. Had a discount of $1500 which was really surprising. They seem to think that it was a showroom model but nobody could really confirm. Also had no repair records or anything on it so seems good as new. Its in great shape though and I couldn't find anything noticeable as to why it was so discounted....nor could they. I think I just got pretty lucky.

Found on on ev-tsla last Wednesday, and called my SA (Grand Ave) to get matched to it. It came in from Colorado but for some reason there was no delivery charge on it.

49 miles when I picked it up. Had a discount of $1500 which was really surprising. They seem to think that it was a showroom model but nobody could really confirm. Also had no repair records or anything on it so seems good as new. Its in great shape though and I couldn't find anything noticeable as to why it was so discounted....nor could they. I think I just got pretty lucky.
Did your car still have radar then? What's the start of your VIN?

So day before delivery I get a call from the SC I am picking it up from... Was internally thinking, " Oh man this is the dreaded car is not here yet or something is broken needs fixed we have to delay delivery call"..... Nope, it was them confirming everything is all set for tomorrow and offering to deliver it to my place since I am close by. I still chose to go pick it up in case something was wrong with the vehicle and could be fixed right then and there vs the hassle of going to the SC anyway for the repair.

Not sure, is there a way to tell. Im pretty sure they updated everything to Tesla Vision at the dealers before anyone was able to pickup. So radar or not I dont think its actually being used, or able to use in any capacity. I do have the passenger lumbar though.

VIN 965XXX
If you had the Tesla Vision proceed to delivery screen on your account page then you would have the non-radar car. Cars that have radar are still using the radar until Tesla decides to update the rest of the fleet to Tesla Vision. If you have the passenger lumbar then it's most likely that you still have the radar. You can also check if some of the autopilot features are greyed out on the settings menu. Tesla Vision also currently can't go faster than 75 mph while on autopilot.

Reactions: stewam7
Could you imagine if they had GPS on the delivery trucks similar to how the UPS shows your delivery on their map? You could then watch your car on the delivery truck move across the US to your location. No more refreshing the EDD page, no more texting/calling your SA constantly. You would be able to check it at any moment and see where it is.
I guarantee that someone already has GPS on the delivery trucks... they just don't choose to share that level of information with us lol.