Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My theory regarding my own vehicle: I have LR blue ext and white int, I don’t see a lot of that exact combination in the spreadsheet so I’m imagining there are big batches of standard configs then is weirdos get our cars as they make adjustments or something.
It would be safe to assume those with less popular configurations would get their cars later. Mass produce the common popular ones for efficiency right? However, I ordered the most free and basic option white, black interior, aero wheels and yet we are in the same boat.

I think their spec was white paint. Don't know their interior or other options. I live an hour away from SAC, ordered on 5/13 and still no VIN. I feel for the April/March people that still do not have a VIN and they see late May orders get filled.
I would believe supply shortages cause certain specs to be delayed, but let's be real here. Tesla doesn't have that many options and a lot of components are shared across all their cars. So why would certain cars be delayed?

I would believe supply shortages cause certain specs to be delayed, but let's be real here. Tesla doesn't have that many options and a lot of components are shared across all their cars. So why would certain cars be delayed?
Looking at your signature makes me stressed out lol. Your EDD window starts Monday and mine starts Friday but no VIN's for us yet.

Reactions: M3LRRoadTrips
Went to refresh right now and got this:
1623457142390.png

Wow. May 20th and we have plenty of people from April (first week too) who don't have VINs. What was the spec? Maybe that's the big secret
LR AWD default white, default black interior!

I was able to secure one because someone I know within Tesla went above and beyond to help figure out whats going on for me. He was able to get me a vin from the SF location that someone canceled and is having it shipped out to my local Tesla shop!

EDIT: The one that was canceled is 1:1 the same specs I initially started my process for. Its a pretty common setup. Just all default options really.

Reactions: ytfsic
Update: Just got my Vin number! 30 Minutes ago it wasnt there but I just checked now and its there! Updated from saying 7-10 weeks to now saying June 15th - 18th!

IM SO EXCITED AHHHHH!
Update on this. I got a text from my advisor saying itll be delivered on the 18th. Got a call soon after from my local Tesla location saying itll be delivered even sooner.

My new delivery date is June 15th to my house! Definitely going to be leaving the absolute best review for the person who was helping me. They went above and beyond to help me get through everything.

Ha did you just put that on the spreadsheet! I was just looking at the spreadsheet and you were one of the only LRAWD that received their VIN this side of April 1. Good for you! Let us know how quality looks when you get it.
I think I updated the spreadsheet this morning? And yeah I will definitely report back on the delivery experience and build quality.

Reactions: ytfsic