Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked that question yesterday to an SA (not mine since mine isn't always the easiest to get a hold of). If you find a demo you like, you would have your $100 and, apparently, your RN# get transferred to the demo. You will not be moved back to the line or anything like that. Having said that, there are a few caveats.
(1) There is a decent likelihood that your demo will have some blemishes. If it's major, they'll take care of it. If it's minor, then you have to live with it. The example they gave me for a minor blemish is curb rash on your rims.
(2) You will not get a chance to view the car prior to making the decision. The first time you see the car will be the day you take delivery. If you refuse to accept the car as is, you will then be "moved to the back of the line" so to speak.

Now I don't know how true any of this is. It's almost like I'll get a different answer from different SA's on any given day.
This is how my SA described the demo process to me too. He was trying to talk me out of buying a demo car because I was "so close to my delivery date." 🙄

73e020f56c4a86221823bc32113b4316d2-25-ben-affleck-sad-smoke.2x.w710.jpg
Unknown.jpeg

Reactions: egds
Yea - that's the problem! I've texted him and called him 3 times over the last 3 days and hasn't responded to anything. He was super helpful in scheduling my test drive and was awesome in scheduling an overnight drive even! But, now that I put my deposit down, I've been ghosted!
I've had the same problem with my SA unfortunately. The other option is to call Customer service and explain to them what you want to do. They can send a message to the manager of your specific store, and they will have the SA contact you. I was thinking about getting a demo, and this is the process I had to go through. Finally got a call from my SA the next day, then I changed my mind and waited for the car I ordered lol.

I've had the same problem with my SA unfortunately. The other option is to call Customer service and explain to them what you want to do. They can send a message to the manager of your specific store, and they will have the SA contact you. I was thinking about getting a demo, and this is the process I had to go through. Finally got a call from my SA the next day, then I changed my mind and waited for the car I ordered lol.
Yea - even though I haven't been waiting half as long as others I'm seeing here, I'm getting impatient! But - my dates just moved left this morning, so fingers crossed that I'll benefit from the end-of-quarter push! I've got a road trip over the July 4th weekend and REALLY want to take my shiny new Tesla and not my old car!

I asked that question yesterday to an SA (not mine since mine isn't always the easiest to get a hold of). If you find a demo you like, you would have your $100 and, apparently, your RN# get transferred to the demo. You will not be moved back to the line or anything like that. Having said that, there are a few caveats.
(1) There is a decent likelihood that your demo will have some blemishes. If it's major, they'll take care of it. If it's minor, then you have to live with it. The example they gave me for a minor blemish is curb rash on your rims.
(2) You will not get a chance to view the car prior to making the decision. The first time you see the car will be the day you take delivery. If you refuse to accept the car as is, you will then be "moved to the back of the line" so to speak.

Now I don't know how true any of this is. It's almost like I'll get a different answer from different SA's on any given day.
Super helpful info! Fortunately, the one I saw this morning showed that it was "in transit" and had under 50 miles, so assuming it was never a demo... but, not sure why it showed up in inventory? There are currently a few fully spec'd out ones in inventory that are in transit, but WAY over my budget!