Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What happens if you are traveling during the 3 day period? You are just f'ed?
I told my SA I was going out of town for a few days at the end of the month and obviously did not want to miss my car. He let me know that they can do home delivery, drop it off at my house and leave the paperwork in the car with a FedEx envelope that I can sign and send back when I return.

I told my SA I was going out of town for a few days at the end of the month and obviously did not want to miss my car. He let me know that they can do home delivery, drop it off at my house and leave the paperwork in the car with a FedEx envelope that I can sign and send back when I return.
I got a completely different answer from my SA - said all people on registration have to be present to accept the vehicle... I'm in a similar situation, having to take a business trip most of next week. I swear, I'll cancel my trip if it means getting my car faster!

• Informative
Reactions: akambience
For all the Carlsbad, CA delivery people. My SA who seems to never be working finally got back to me and said that my “real” EDD is 6/27-6/30. Ordered 4/27 and EED on my end has been moving right each day with today’s being 6/19-6/30.
My SA at Carlsbad told me to ignore date changes, car would be delivered before end of June, ordered 4/9.

Okay, I'm going to offer more confusing news.

Yesterday, I went to the Pasadena location. They told me that I should expect my car toward the end of August. I told them that my EDD was in the last two weeks of June. They then said that should be the case for me. I then went to the Burbank location and spoke with a cool SA that told me that he could give me the exact date of July 10 as my delivery date.

Today, during lunch, I went to the Pasadena location since I was having lunch across the street. I saw my SA and asked her if what Burbank told me sounded about right to her. She looked into a few places on her computer, and then said, "Hmm that's strange. I see your car being delivered before June 30, most likely in the next 10 days. You should be getting your VIN sometime this weekend."

So the saga continues...

I got a completely different answer from my SA - said all people on registration have to be present to accept the vehicle... I'm in a similar situation, having to take a business trip most of next week. I swear, I'll cancel my trip if it means getting my car faster!
Luckily this conversation with in text and I asked about paperwork and got the response. Not saying that makes it true, but at least I have written proof. I don't leave until the 28th, so really hoping it comes before then and I don't even have to worry about that.

M3LR; white ex/black int; 19” wheels; no FSD
Order Date: 5/12
EDD; 9-11 weeks —> 6/14-6/30
6/10: received email about approaching EDD from a different location than I was originally told (for some reason my address was “non-deliverable” but my coworker who bought a Y in December lives 3mi away and hers was home-delivered)
6/11-6/30; 6/14-6/30; 9-11 weeks; 6/15-6/30; 6/16-6/30; 6/17-6/30; 6/18-6/30
No VIN yet
Every day this week, my front end date pushes out one day.
So anxious + excited! First time Tesla owner. Treated myself after a big promotion.
I called my sales location this morning and was told the website has not been hugely accurate. The were able to give me a solid date of 6/25 and they added a note to my file to change mine back to home delivery, despite me being >10mi from delivery center (Carlsbad, CA). Let's see how right that information was...but I am EXCITED!

Reactions: id436eg9045
I called my sales location this morning and was told the website has not been hugely accurate. The were able to give me a solid date of 6/25 and they added a note to my file to change mine back to home delivery, despite me being >10mi from delivery center (Carlsbad, CA). Let's see how right that information was...but I am EXCITED!
"the website has not been hugely accurate." LOL, understatement of the year.

• Funny
Reactions: Ace777
EDD window start has been bouncing back and forth between 8/17 and beginning of July/end-of-June for about a week now with no VIN. Order date 5/31, southern California, LR blue/white, 19", no FSD. Trying to not obsess about it, but I can't stay away from that refresh button!

Screenshot 2021-06-17 120816.png

Reactions: Ace777
So I dropped by my SC this morning. Asked an employee there a few questions:
- How can you pay your down payment? I asked if a personal check works and he said no you need to pay online account transfer. That differs from someone else on here that said they paid via check. I then asked if a cashiers check works and he said yes you could do that.
- I then mentioned my delivery date of 6/22-6/30 and if I will see my car this month. He had the typical response of the online date is the most accurate.

It is crazy the variety of responses from different locations/Tesla employees.

so I am not sure if this is the right page to post this. since we are all waiting for our VIN, what must have accessories are y'all getting?
got the essentials:

1. floor mats
  2. front console organizer
  3. trunk mat
  4. frunk mat
  5. nema 14-30 outlet installed
looking to get some other things but also trying to save a bit for full car wrap and window tints.

Reactions: Jaredspink