Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, how’s everybody doing?
So they pushed me out till the end of Augustthe other day … So I figured I had to do something. I searched and searched for any demo vehicle that I Could possibly score a vin# on And like I’ve posted recently found one, but they would not sell it to me only lease it….
So I look in my area one last time before bed And still nothing…. Woke up in the middle of the night all sporadic like out of a nightmare yet wasn’t dreaming
And of course, like most days and nights grab my phone instantly and check inventory to find if one was available well guess what another blue one showed up that wasn’t there literally hours ago…. what do you know it’s a blue performance with white interior 40 minutes away from me and the best part said available for immediate pick up…. Are you kidding me I couldn’t go back to sleep…
But I requested a callback which by the way, I’ve had three cars with a callback request and nothing….
But not this time I got a call a few hours later in the morning
From Tesla telling me they can switch my order to this car. I asked well. When would I get my van said check your app now and behold a Vin number was showing with my new Blue performance now The best part is I was told the car isn’t a demo it’s brand new and because of my January 10 order she told me she was giving me $1000 off the blue paint
And I got an appointment tomorrow to pick it up… I am crazy excited…

We all been waiting so long to receive our car and I just want to thank everybody lately that has gotten me through this process It’s been a long bumpy road so now it’s time to put on auto pilot and take a nap..lol
,,you guys know who you are all my (thumbs up) peeps
I truly appreciate it
Thank you

🥳CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!

I’ve never been so excited and happy to lose $7500 but at this point I don’t even care
I hope it’s going to be so worth it😬🤞

You weren't getting the credit just because of the blue paint cost right? If so then now with that $1000 off you should get the $7500 credit now. Remember, base car purchase price just has to be at or below $55k.

Reactions: evfangirl
The thousand dollars off for the blue paint looks like it came in as a referral discount which I didn’t use any referral code which now I think about it when I re-ordered I wonder if I could have but anyways here’s the breakdown it’s just over $55,000 still…. You know I should’ve thought about that. I was so excited. I just went ahead and paid for it without even viewing the car first…. crazy, but was just too excited

But yeah, take a look not sure why it doesn’t qualify anymore. Haven’t done the math yet. Just woke up from a few hours of sleep…
IMG_1205.png
IMG_1206.jpeg

The thousand dollars off for the blue paint looks like it came in as a referral discount which I didn’t use any referral code which now I think about it when I re-ordered I wonder if I could have but anyways here’s the breakdown it’s just over $55,000 still…. You know I should’ve thought about that. I was so excited. I just went ahead and paid for it without even viewing the car first…. crazy, but was just too excited

But yeah, take a look not sure why it doesn’t qualify anymore. Haven’t done the math yet. Just woke up from a few hours of sleep… View attachment 1060229View attachment 1060230

Looking at all that, it should still qualify but it depends on how the IRS counts any discounts. You are at $55,490 in physical car costs. The "referral credit" and "price adjustment" are likely adjusting away the fees. It would have been better if they just zero'd out the paint cost. They have done "free paint" promo's before so I don't see why they couldn't have done that.

If you are still SUPER EXCITED, you can wire me some of that excess money you seem to have laying around! 🤣

But yeah, take a look not sure why it doesn’t qualify anymore. Haven’t done the math yet. Just woke up from a few hours of sleep… View attachment 1060229View attachment 1060230
It’s kind of funny/odd how they price the Model 3 at X price, and then the model upgrade/pricing for the P AWD… haven’t seen that that way before.

Looking at all that, it should still qualify but it depends on how the IRS counts any discounts. You are at $55,490 in physical car costs. The "referral credit" and "price adjustment" are likely adjusting away the fees. It would have been better if they just zero'd out the paint cost. They have done "free paint" promo's before so I don't see why they couldn't have done that.

If you are still SUPER EXCITED, you can wire me some of that excess money you seem to have laying around! 🤣

Looking at the IRS rules, maybe not... They go on MSRP, not whatever the physical equipment purchase price ends up being for whatever reason. That MSRP is linked to the VIN and automatically reported to the IRS so they probably wouldn't be wanting to go and change that on a vehicle by vehicle basis...and the IRS might see that as trying to get around the rules.

Can’t seem to edit my previous post for some reason. Just wanted to add that there was one snag for the trade in. When I pulled into the SC and parked my old Tesla for trade in I immediately did a factory reset. But apparently that made the odometer reading disappear which was something Tesla needed to verify before accepting the trade in. Fortunately doing a 2 scroll wheel reboot while holding the brake pedal made it come back again. Just FYI.

Don't bother resetting the car. Tesla already has all the data they want from you using it. They will reset it before selling it.
I’m trading in my 2021 M3 SR+ for a 2024 M3 LR on Saturday. What happens to my existing premium connectivity subscription that expires August 20? Does it transfer to the new car? Or do they do prorate cancellations?

Nevermind, found my answer here

Well that’s unfortunate. I was on the annual plan for my old car that I traded in today. It went all the way to December so that’s 5 months of connectivity I’ll be paying for nothing. Oh well.

Oh, it’s been one hell of a day
in a good way
I can’t believe I freaking got it!!
I am loving my little baby S plaid…lol
I still can’t believe I’m sitting here right now telling the story that I got it
been wanting to be one of those people for so long
everybody that’s waiting just know it won’t be too long now and the reality will be there that you will have it
From deep breaths to maintain
To exhaling in relief… just like my EVfangirl said you’ll absolutely
love love love it
I Think I’m gonna call her blue dream
It’s been a long day for me, so I’ll be getting back with better pictures trying to take her to get my PPF done tomorrow
I still need to figure out this whole $7500 thing out. I hear what you guys are saying and I do want to figure out exactly what happened here!!
But for now, I can’t even think about that. I am just so happy right now.
Only found the smallest little scratch on drivers side back door and yes, of course my ambient light on the drivers door a little off, but made my service appointment… other than that, I’m actually very pleased with the quality built and panel gaps that I really feel are perfect.. just so thrilled

IMG_1216.jpeg
IMG_1215.jpeg
IMG_1210.jpeg
IMG_1209.jpeg

Oh, it’s been one hell of a day
in a good way
I can’t believe I freaking got it!!
I am loving my little baby S plaid…lol
I still can’t believe I’m sitting here right now telling the story that I got it
been wanting to be one of those people for so long
everybody that’s waiting just know it won’t be too long now and the reality will be there that you will have it
From deep breaths to maintain
To exhaling in relief… just like my EVfangirl said you’ll absolutely
love love love it
I Think I’m gonna call her blue dream
It’s been a long day for me, so I’ll be getting back with better pictures trying to take her to get my PPF done tomorrow
I still need to figure out this whole $7500 thing out. I hear what you guys are saying and I do want to figure out exactly what happened here!!
But for now, I can’t even think about that. I am just so happy right now.
Only found the smallest little scratch on drivers side back door and yes, of course my ambient light on the drivers door a little off, but made my service appointment… other than that, I’m actually very pleased with the quality built and panel gaps that I really feel are perfect.. just so thrilled

View attachment 1060451View attachment 1060452View attachment 1060453View attachment 1060454
Looks awesome! Congrats!

Finally picked up my white on white LR after 5 months of waiting. It was perfect! Well except for the fact that they charged the thing to 100%. Is that normal? They stress charging to 80% for daily driving you’d think they’d follow that themselves. But besides that no complaints. Good luck everyone!
Could you switch to miles when it is 100% or even 80% and tell me what you have on your model 3?

TBH I had a feeling this would happen with the Performances. You originally ordered a LR and then switched to Perf when the price was basically the same as the LR after the credit right? Any thoughts on going back to LR since that also qualifies now and will be cheaper? Once I switched from SR to LR I got a vin 5 minutes later and took delivery 2 days later. Seems like that's the case for most people who've switched. I'm also in Chicago like you so I bet you'd get your car asap. I know you've probably gotten yourself hyped over the performance now but the LR is still an incredible car in all aspects.
Chicago deliveries for M3P suck. 4/23 orders in the July - late August range and some users in September. Won't really get to enjoy it much over the summer. I'm switching to LR mid-July unless I get a VIN as I need the car by August. I see a ton to pick up same day for LRs.