Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I expected some end of quarter craziness, but all of this seems even crazier than usual, even by their standards.

Just got off the phone with my local Tesla dealer and the guy said the finalize payment email everyone is getting is a glitch, BUT it means we have been matched to a VIN, it's just not showing in their systems. So if this guy is to be believed, if you received the finalize payment email today, you should have a VIN in your account but you don't because their systems are screwed up. He said they are working to fix it and the VIN should show up this weekend.

So now a bunch of us who have been waiting a while have VINs...we just don't have VINs.

So I expected some end of quarter craziness, but all of this seems even crazier than usual, even by their standards.

Just got off the phone with my local Tesla dealer and the guy said the finalize payment email everyone is getting is a glitch, BUT it means we have been matched to a VIN, it's just not showing in their systems. So if this guy is to be believed, if you received the finalize payment email today, you should have a VIN in your account but you don't because their systems are screwed up. He said they are working to fix it and the VIN should show up this weekend.

So now a bunch of us who have been waiting a while have VINs...we just don't have VINs.
👀 I really like the sound of this!

Hope that is true.
Is there someone that is still waiting for delivery and has not gotten this email? Please reply so we can see if this could be remotely true.

NEAT!

right there with you. so frustrated with my SA who said to complete financing ASAP. IDIOT!
Bruhhh. I asked my SA "There's like a 60 day limit on the offer right? Do you guys also offer GAP?" and he was like "Oh yeah we offer GAP and the offer is actually good for 90 days. You should be good!"

Then I emailed the financing department and he told me "Yeah we don't do GAP and yeah your offer is expired"

Like wtf is with these SAs man, they don't know *sugar* and some been working there for 5 years. Legit the most HORRIBLE car buying experience. Now time to apply to a different bank that offers GAP 🙃

This might be wrong but my SA told me Colorado only gets shipments around once per quarter, so I don't think it matters if you order in April, May, even early June ? It will come in June anyway, at least here
If it helps at all - I emailed my SA yesterday for an update (I had VIN added to account earlier this week, no contact from Tesla yet). He said he can see that my M3 is still at the factory but is leaving soon. Again, this was yesterday.
My EDD is June 18 - June 22 right now, so with that EDD and what my SA is telling me it seems pretty likely I’ll be taking delivery in Colorado next week some time. Hopefully that means that same truck has your M3 too, we’ll see!

Reactions: JoJa15

Would the source code show a VIN? I've tried looking but can't find anything... I ordered 4/9, LR MSM black int for pickup at Burbank, CA. No VIN, EDD showing June 20-30 and I got the email.

Reactions: JoJa15