Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is both an answer and a nonanswer. It can be read with so much plausible deniability, she can't just say "I can confirm that you should get matched this week". This company's practices are shady AF. Why am I giving them my money again?
View attachment 675887
They seem to treat Pacific Northwest sales as a foregone conclusion. They know we'll buy every one of these cars, so we're at the back of the line when it comes to deliveries and customer service while late May orders in Eastern states are already filled. It looks like you still have an EDD date window at least? I see a lot of us on day 75+ who still have "X weeks" on our account pages.

64 days here. Everyone out here in CA getting their VINs got me feeling like.

5e1ll3.jpg

They seem to treat Pacific Northwest sales as a foregone conclusion. They know we'll buy every one of these cars, so we're at the back of the line when it comes to deliveries and customer service while late May orders in Eastern states are already filled. It looks like you still have an EDD date window at least? I see a lot of us on day 75+ who still have "X weeks" on our account pages.
Yeah I'm only 71 days in, the struggle is real for those March and earlier April-ers. I know that X weeks message is nuts, I hated when I got the 7-13 weeks message every few weekends. My EDD just tightens every day, might as well say "any day now". It's all a lie anyways, what does it matter. You're right though, what do they care. The cars will get sold either way. I mean, here I am, buying from the company that plays games, reinforcing the bad behavior.

Last edited:
Same here was stuck at 9-13 weeks for about a week then all of the sudden today tesla vison popup and a vin. Then I called my local SC and scheduled a pick up for this Saturday. I was expecting a 2 week wait after I got my vin for delivery but I guess not.

Long story short it seams like the EDD on the website is of no use. Stuff is happening tesla is just bad at showing us what is going on.
Yea, I’m starting to get that… will continue to keep my hopes up between now and VIN day… whenever that is! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dear friends,

Old Grandfather Time here,
I have news.

I have at long last, been assigned a vin. What I thought would be a glorious day is more of a relief then a celebration. A relief that there is probability of a car being delivered soon. Although with the lack of transparency in production, delivery, and the conflicting information that we are constantly given, I’ll believe it when I see it.
81 days to vin
89 days to scheduled delivery

My delivery date as of today is for the 29th. I mean, I ordered on the first day of the quarter and I’m apparently getting a car on the second to last day of the quarter. With ~185,000 produced cars produced, I’m getting one of the last ones. And I’m thankful to get one this quarter, but a May delivery would have been nice. Or early June. Watching folks who ordered literally months after me getting deliveries in May was a little frustrating. For most of the early 81 days of my EDD-purgatory the EDD gave me a 5/20 – 5/28 date giving a very naive and youthful me a glimmer of hope. Then the containment hold came. Then the confusion about the overloaded holding lots overflowing with cars, no one knowing why or for how long the hold would take, different answers from different SAs… “Surly mine was in there somewhere” I asked an SA, to which she responded, “With that order date, I would think so, but until the hold gets released and the cars start getting loaded, we just don’t know”

…my car was not in the containment hold. My car was born much, much later without ever knowing what a the great 2021Q2 containment hold was. And would be born many generations thereafter without ever knowing that its kind was once greatly equipped with radar. RADAR like what you find on fighter jets and battleships. Alas, It's ancestors used to have dual lumbar support, homelink, and federal rebates… *sigh*

Summer trips have been postponed, work scheduled have been altered, pre-approvals need to get re-pre-approved, trade in need to be reappraised… It will be a relief to get this done with so I can enjoy my car. These are admittedly #firstworldproblems but $50k is not chump change, and for a company who LITERALLY LAUNCHED A CAR TO THE ORBIT OF MARS, might be able to invest in better order tracking. I mean, I can track the GPS of my UPS truck, but 9 to 13 weeks is the best tesla can do? /rant

Things that I have speculated about but can now confirm:
• Order date means nothing except what quarter you may get a delivery.
• EDD is just not accurate. It's still showing 6/20 – 6/25 however scheduled delivery is 6/29

I will keep you all updated with any changes in the pickup and initial inspection and the “touchless delivery” or if I get to meet Andrew.

RNA squirrel.jpg

Last edited:
Dear friends,

I have news.

I have at long last, been assigned a vin. What I thought would be a glorious day is more of a relief then a celebration. A relief that there is probability of a car being delivered soon. Although with the lack of transparency in production, delivery, and the conflicting information that we are constantly given, I’ll believe it when I see it.
81 days to vin

My delivery date as of today is for the 29th. I mean, I ordered on the first day of the quarter and I’m apparently getting a car on the second to last day of the quarter. With ~185,000 produced cars produced, I’m getting one of the last ones. And I’m thankful to get one this quarter, but a May delivery would have been nice. Or early June. Watching folks who ordered literally months after me getting deliveries in May was a little frustrating. For most of the early 81 days of my EDD-purgatory the EDD gave me a 5/20 – 5/28 date giving a very naive and youthful me a glimmer of hope. Then the containment hold came. Then the confusion about the overloaded holding lots overflowing with cars, no one knowing why or for how long the hold would take, different answers from different SAs… “Surly mine was in there somewhere” I asked an SA, to which she responded, “With that order date, I would think so, but until the hold gets released and the cars start getting loaded, we just don’t know”

…my car was not in the containment hold. My car was born much, much later without ever knowing what a the great 2021Q2 containment hold was. And would be born many generations thereafter without ever knowing that its kind was once greatly equipped with radar. RADAR like what you find on fighter jets and battleships! It's ancestors used to have dual lumbar support, homelink, and federal rebates… *sigh*

Summer trips have been postponed, work scheduled have been altered, pre-approvals need to get re-pre-approved, trade in need to be reappraised… It will be a relief to get this done with so I can enjoy my car. These are admittedly #firstworldproblems but $50k is not chump change, and for a company who LITERALLY LAUNCHED A CAR TO THE ORBIT OF MARS, might be able to invest in better order tracking. I mean, I can track the GPS of my UPS truck, but 9 to 13 weeks is the best tesla can do? /rant

• EDD is just not accurate. It's still showing 6/20 – 6/25 however scheduled delivery is 6/29

I will keep you all updated with any changes in the pickup and initial inspection and the “touchless delivery” or if I get to meet Andrew.

View attachment 675905View attachment 675905
Congratulations brother, you'll be missed. May your tires enjoy many quick revolutions and police forever look away from your vehicular transgressions.

Dear friends,

Old Grandfather Time here,
I have news.

81 days to vin

…my car was not in the containment hold. My car was born much, much later without ever knowing what a the great 2021Q2 containment hold was. And would be born many generations thereafter without ever knowing that its kind was once greatly equipped with radar. RADAR like what you find on fighter jets and battleships. Alas, It's ancestors used to have dual lumbar support, homelink, and federal rebates… *sigh*

View attachment 675905View attachment 675905
I said when you get a VIN i will have a drink in your remembrance. Cheers to you.