Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone in Bay Area still seeing 7-10 weeks EDD? M3LR/black/black/Aero ordered in early April. It's getting so frustrated, thinking about canceling my order :(
I ordered 4/13 in Bay Area. I called my SA today for updates and they just gave me a generic answer about delivery by the end of the month. Then a few hours later I got a VIN. Not sure if my phone call affected it or not.

For those either newer to this thread or reading these posts from the future about past order/delivery experiences and confused about why a genetically engineered squirrel is being blamed for shenanigans, THIS is what we have been reduced to as a coping mechanism in Q2 '21.

Live photo of "the squirrel that must not be named" sending lucky Model 3 VIN 1,000,000 to Mars instead of the West Coast.
.jpg

I took delivery today at the Paramus NJ SC. The car was near perfect but had two issues - a tiny scratch by bottom of rear driver’s side door and definite misalignment where trunk meets rear and glass roof. I have scheduled a ranger appointment and am hopeful both will be fixed or bettered quickly. With that said, the car is amazing. I had a 300+ drive home, and damn if I’ve ever enjoyed driving anything more. For me, the drive experience and the fact I’m finally driving fully electric miles make the jankiness of the ordering process and delivery imperfections well worth it. Good luck to everyone in getting your M3s and I hope your deliveries go smoothly. I will report back on their ability to fix these issues.
1B93A6B8-AFB8-4359-B063-AED269DAF69B.png
D1283066-9B2E-409E-9654-4B6411751F88.jpeg
D65ACE7A-9CA3-4DFA-BC51-A26B1FE473C2.png

I have, a Subaru and a Mazda. I assumed that everything was just collected at sale, because registration was just the registration fees. This seems like tesla should at least mention to people, because this is going to be a huge bill.
Must be state to state. My sales tax is rolled in. Just a $4500 down payment that I chose.

Still no vin for my 5/2 order. 6/23-6/30 EDD.

Keep seeing almost exact same specs pop up in inventory and soooo tempted to pull the trigger! Anybody know if we'll continue to see more and more inventory pop up as we get closer to the end of the month or if it will go away? There are two available right now - one with white interior and one with white interior and 19" wheels... I know I'll lose my $100 deposit if I go that route, and also being optimistic that my VIN time will come...

Keep seeing almost exact same specs pop up in inventory and soooo tempted to pull the trigger! Anybody know if we'll continue to see more and more inventory pop up as we get closer to the end of the month or if it will go away? There are two available right now - one with white interior and one with white interior and 19" wheels... I know I'll lose my $100 deposit if I go that route, and also being optimistic that my VIN time will come...
My SA called me because I texted them asking about this. What they told me was the following.
If I see a new order there (“on the way”), it’s still to be built and it won’t be faster then just staying in the current queue with my current order. If I see one with actual miles then it’s a demo or perhaps showroom and it’s a real produced car.

My SA called me because I texted them asking about this. What they told me was the following.
If I see a new order there (“on the way”), it’s still to be built and it won’t be faster then just staying in the current queue with my current order. If I see one with actual miles then it’s a demo or perhaps showroom and it’s a real produced car.
Interesting - so, it’s probably because someone impatient dropped from their order and ordered a demo, I would assume? But, going this route, you’d be out the $100 deposit and then have to pay a new $100 deposit for this one… Small beans in the grand scheme of things, but that’s a couple accessories I’d rather have! :)

Interesting - so, it’s probably because someone impatient dropped from their order and ordered a demo, I would assume? But, going this route, you’d be out the $100 deposit and then have to pay a new $100 deposit for this one… Small beans in the grand scheme of things, but that’s a couple accessories I’d rather have! :)
That was my guess too, but not sure. To me I think the second $100 is well worth having it this quarter 😆

Reactions: greymatter73