Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great heads-up on this one. I thought "loan" was what you chose oly if you wanted financing through Tesla. Instead I put cash since I am getting financing through BofA at 1.6%. I just contacted my SA who updated my order to financing. He input the amount financed and what my downpayment amount will be. My account page updated right away.
I’m glad this helped out. Their communication around the process and the specific ability to change it really isn’t perfect. I almost did the same thing when I made my order.

Has anyone been able to pay from this recent vin drop?
Yes, i just paid in full.
1624661583112.png

OK, I am not one to be superstitious but I also got a VIN just now and I finally changed my profile pick to a tribute to Andrew the squirrel. Coincidence??? I don't know. Congrats to everyone else that got VIN's today! To those that are still waiting all my wishes and prayers are for you to get your VIN as soon as possible.

FYI my vin is in the 3700's what kind of numbers are others seeing for their VINs?

Any Bay Area folks get VINs today? My EDD switched yesterday from 6/25 - 6/30 to 7-11 weeks, and I didn’t receive the June delivery text a couple days ago, but when I called the local Tesla store yesterday to ask about existing inventory, the SA talked me out of buying an existing car because he looked at my profile and said I was “firmly matched” with a car that would deliver either on June 30th or July 1st. Not sure what to think at this point because I still don’t have a VIN.

Ordered 5/16, loan information submitted on 6/10. Red/Black LR AWD, 18” aero wheels, no FSD. Picking up in Palo Alto, CA.

Any Bay Area folks get VINs today? My EDD switched yesterday from 6/25 - 6/30 to 7-11 weeks, and I didn’t receive the June delivery text a couple days ago, but when I called the local Tesla store yesterday to ask about existing inventory, the SA talked me out of buying an existing car because he looked at my profile and said I was “firmly matched” with a car that would deliver either on June 30th or July 1st. Not sure what to think at this point because I still don’t have a VIN.

Ordered 5/16, loan information submitted on 6/10. Red/Black LR AWD, 18” aero wheels, no FSD. Picking up in Palo Alto, CA.
I am in the North Bay. Vallejo SC pickup. Got my VIN a few minutes ago. White/Black 18", no FSD.

How did you find the phone number for your delivery center?
You should have received an email from your Service Advisor right when you ordered. If not search Google for Tesla [INSERT YOUR CITY] where you are picking the car up.

Unfortunately I tried calling my SC and was transferred to a mailbox that was full lol. So I emailed my service advisor hoping to get a better idea when I can pick up. I may even drive over there so I can talk to someone. I have a lot of meetings/appointments going on between the 27th-30th so it would be better if I had a more specific day when it might be delivered.

You should have received an email from your Service Advisor right when you ordered. If not search Google for Tesla [INSERT YOUR CITY] where you are picking the car up.

Unfortunately I tried calling my SC and was transferred to a mailbox that was full lol. So I emailed my service advisor hoping to get a better idea when I can pick up. I may even drive over there so I can talk to someone. I have a lot of meetings/appointments going on between the 27th-30th so it would be better if I had a more specific day when it might be delivered.
For some reason when I ordered, my assigned SA is from a different state than I am.🤷‍♂️

• Funny
Reactions: JoJa15

Well "firmly matched" sounds better than the "soft match" I was cited to have when I called the store earlier. Nevertheless, they said that my unit should be done being built within 2 days and ready for pickup soon after that. I expect that our VINs should post to our accounts in the next 48 hours so I'd hold out just a little bit longer.

Over the past month people here have been posting memes of crying cats, hungover Ben Affleck, crucified Jesus, skeletons, etc. when trying to relate how this process makes them feel as customers. If/when Tesla ever gets a serious equal competitor in this market, they're going to have to do better than a month long estimated window that bounces forward and backward until they feel like delivering a car. Until that time, we just have to accept that this is the process to get the best compact luxury sedan available right now.

Reactions: JoJa15
If you had the check then why did you have to change it back to loan? Do they really care where the money is coming from? I marked cash as well, so do I need to do the same thing? 1/2 cash from me, 1/2 with check from USAA. Thanks!
I had to get the credit union listed on the purchase order agreement for them to finalize the loan and give me a check.

So I am back from a horrible experience at the Tesla Scotsdale Raintree SC. All the customers show up asking each other how to proceed when there is a QR type code on a sign that you use to check in, but nobody tells you that. Then I give the guy the check from my lender and he tells me happy trails and I can go receive my car from their website, but the button never shows up and I'm on hold for 10 minutes then another employee said to use the check in again to get help. So it turned out when they call me again they need the check that I already gave them and oh right here it is DOH! They plugged the car in after I first checked in and it at 153 mile range with it only charging at 48 amps so I had to stop in Casa Grande to charge up while we had lunch.