Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I were a betting man, I’d bet that the May orders who are seeing 7-11 weeks will soon receive a VIN and those later orders (e.g., June and later) will continue to fluctuate in purgatory with shifting EDDs for a while longer.
I ordered 6/11 and I’m still sitting on 7-11 weeks this morning. I have been for the past few days after my last know EDD was 07/08-07/27. So I’m very curious.

Reactions: treefisher
If I were a betting man, I’d bet that the May orders who are seeing 7-11 weeks will soon receive a VIN and those later orders (e.g., June and later) will continue to fluctuate in purgatory with shifting EDDs for a while longer.

I like your optimism! I'm expecting end of September now (May 12th order) but would be ecstatic if I'm wrong and it's sooner.

Why do you think that's the case?

Im thinking about buying a used one… this is too much :-(
No, you’re not, but keep telling yourself that.
There are several reasons you won’t go the 2020 and older route.
1) You like the integrated wireless phone charger that doesn’t use USB ports
2) You like the chrome delete - yes, you could do it for a used model but you’ll pay for it.
3) You like the sentry mode USB being moved to the glovebox
4) You, like me, live in a state that does occasionally see real winter weather, and having the heat pump is a bonus
5) You’re likely to pay more for a used model to have it now than you would for a new model due to the wait times
6) You’re just talking because you’re upset, so it’s ok — we’re here to support you 😂

Last edited:
I like your optimism! I'm expecting end of September now (May 12th order) but would be ecstatic if I'm wrong and it's sooner.

Why do you think that's the case?
Historical trends. Those stuck with a 7-11 week range for an extended period of time usually end up getting a VIN followed by a prepare for delivery email. This next part is pure speculation on my part, I think it defaults to the new order arrival EDD until a delivery date is confirmed.

Reactions: treefisher
Historical trends. Those stuck with a 7-11 week range for an extended period of time usually end up getting a VIN followed by a prepare for delivery email. This next part is pure speculation on my part, I think it defaults to the new order arrival EDD until a delivery date is confirmed.
If that’s the case, I hope I’m stuck on 7-11 weeks and get a VIN drop in the next week or so 😅🤞