Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I came in after this began, but some of the folks who've since "graduated" and received their cars decided that the EDD was controlled by a (robot???) squirrel named Andrew. Andrew is evil and capricious, so the legend goes, and to appease him in an attempt to get a VIN/car sooner rather than later, it was suggested that the avatar should be a squirrel. There are those who swear that by putting a squirrel in their profile pic that they very quickly received their VINs. Who are we to challenge the mysteries of the EDD???
Sounds reasonable to me

Been lurking here for about the last month and finally made an account to post....

I was 9/3-9/30 for the last few days now it says 8/7 - 8/27... no vin yet

Ordered 6/30 LR White, 18"aero wheels and black interior and selected dedham delivery in massachusetts.
I ordered the same on 6/21 but with the 19" wheels. Delivery is Peabody, still not heard a word. My SA at first would respond to my emails but the last 2 nothing.

I came in after this began, but some of the folks who've since "graduated" and received their cars decided that the EDD was controlled by a (robot???) squirrel named Andrew. Andrew is evil and capricious, so the legend goes, and to appease him in an attempt to get a VIN/car sooner rather than later, it was suggested that the avatar should be a squirrel. There are those who swear that by putting a squirrel in their profile pic that they very quickly received their VINs. Who are we to challenge the mysteries of the EDD???
This is fantastic, makes total sense too! I wouldn’t dare think of doing anything to upset Andrew. Now I just need to figure out how to add a pic on this thing!

Just got my delivery appointment scheduled for Thursday. Long Range, white exterior and interior with 19” wheels and no FSD. Here is my overall timeline…

6/3 Ordered
7/18 VIN received
7/22 Delivery

So 7 weeks exactly from order to delivery. I live in Montana so have to travel to Spokane to pick it up. Somewhat west coast in that regard. Aside from the ping pong EDD it’s been a smooth process to this point. They still haven’t asked me to sign paperwork or send payment though. Makes me a little nervous.

Order | 6/5
Spec | White ext, White interior, Aero, no fsd
Location | Miami, FL

No VIN, EDD August 15-Sept 4.

I see people posting that they "just got" their vin, but these posts occur at different times of the day. Is this due to people not checking their reservation or email until different times of the day or does tesla assign vins throughout the day as they become available?

Order | 6/5
Spec | White ext, White interior, Aero, no fsd
Location | Miami, FL

No VIN, EDD August 15-Sept 4.

I see people posting that they "just got" their vin, but these posts occur at different times of the day. Is this due to people not checking their reservation or email until different times of the day or does tesla assign vins throughout the day as they become available?
I check my email pretty consistently. My VIN showed up at about 1:30 in the afternoon on a Sunday of all times. Didn’t see that coming.

Having not shopped around for auto insurance in years and years, the first place I tried was my current policy holder (Geico) who wanted close to $3k a year which seemed crazy high to me. Having done a bit of exploring through Progressive and USAA, I have found that yes, that is indeed crazy high. Probably very obvious to most folks here but if you get to the "input your insurance pre-delivery" step, definitely take the time to shop around! Looks like I can insure both my wife and I for around $800-$900 a year which feels completely reasonable.

Having not shopped around for auto insurance in years and years, the first place I tried was my current policy holder (Geico) who wanted close to $3k a year which seemed crazy high to me. Having done a bit of exploring through Progressive and USAA, I have found that yes, that is indeed crazy high. Probably very obvious to most folks here but if you get to the "input your insurance pre-delivery" step, definitely take the time to shop around! Looks like I can insure both my wife and I for around $800-$900 a year which feels completely reasonable.
Who did you end up going with?

Who did you end up going with?

Haven't committed yet but we'll probably go with USAA as my wife's car is already under a policy there and the price was close enough to Progressive that I think I'd prefer to have it all under one auto insurance roof. Need to get in and compare the coverage/deductibles later in the day to get a real understanding of the cost differences.

Reactions: Centauri2