Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those who have taken delivery of the order, how does the inspection work? Do you accept delivery and then independently go over the car as closely as possible, opening up a service request for any issues you notice?

I’m especially confused how the home delivery is going to work- it’d have to be on fire for me to say “send it back” and am a little unclear how it all works. Guess I need to brush up on the obvious delivery defects to watch for ahead of time.
Accept delivery. 24 hours to report issues within the app. Schedule a mobile service visit to address them.

Reactions: LaneDS
I emailed the Tampa Order Support email last week and finally got a reply today.

Their reply:
I am checking for your tentative build date, and it looks like they have it scheduled to start building 8/24 and it should arrive on site on 9/18. If everything stays on track then you should be hearing from us to pick up the car around 9/19-23.
cleardot.gif

EDD in my account shows Estimated Delivery: August 14 - September 03 but it looks like if the order support person is to be believed this won't get to me until the end of September.

Tampa Florida.
MSM/White 18" Aeros No FSD
Original Order was May but put on hold. Taken off hold and received lease approval on June 21st.

When I took it off hold and finished all of my requirements, my EDD was July 13 - July 26. Kept shifting farther and farther until the last two days it's sitting on Aug 15 - Sept 3...which I could live with. But it looks like I'm looking at 3 more weeks after that.

Curious if any other Tampa or Florida people have reached out to the Tampa support email or spoken to anyone that gave them any similar information and when their order dates are.

I emailed the Tampa Order Support email last week and finally got a reply today.

Their reply:

EDD in my account shows Estimated Delivery: August 14 - September 03 but it looks like if the order support person is to be believed this won't get to me until the end of September.

Tampa Florida.
Original Order was May but put on hold. Taken off hold and received lease approval on June 21st.

When I took it off hold and finished all of my requirements, my EDD was July 13 - July 26. Kept shifting farther and farther until the last two days it's sitting on Aug 15 - Sept 3...which I could live with. But it looks like I'm looking at 3 more weeks after that.

Curious if any other Tampa or Florida people have reached out to the Tampa support email or spoken to anyone that gave them any similar information and when their order dates are.
That sucks. I ordered the 20th of june with approved finance and my dates went from July to Aug18-Sep7. So I really hope it’s not all the way out to late Sep.

Dang. I just got a call from my Tesla SR who told me that because of the COVID lockdowns and border closures between Queensland and New South Wales that my car is not going to make it here for Monday delivery. He has officially put the date back to Friday next week but said if it does arrive anytime sooner that he will call and he is even happy to stay back after hours so I can take delivery. Dang.

Reactions: hcdavis3

Their reply:

Tampa Florida.

Did your EDD cahnge this morning? Mine went from August 14-Sept 3 to now, August 28-Sept 17