Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tinted windows and carbon fiber spoiler! Since Utah is real stuck up about window tint (43% is the legal limit) i went with 35% in the front and 20% in the rear and matched the factory tint in the rear windshield. that is the carbon fiber spoiler (glossy) and i love it! don’t mind the tape because that’s to let the actual tape on the spoiler to cure!

5CA867B1-F1E9-4143-9247-FECB5AA94042.jpeg
1C8FC986-1FC7-448C-937E-EB3926FE1260.jpeg
FBE4DA72-B5EE-4700-9775-5417995FE550.jpeg
E0A468E6-3784-4BC5-B35A-80A3DF08C153.jpeg

Tinted windows and carbon fiber spoiler! Since Utah is real stuck up about window tint (43% is the legal limit) i went with 35% in the front and 20% in the rear and matched the factory tint in the rear windshield. that is the carbon fiber spoiler (glossy) and i love it! don’t mind the tape because that’s to let the actual tape on the spoiler to cure!

View attachment 697910View attachment 697911View attachment 697912View attachment 697913
Car looks awesome !! The tint make such a huge difference. Love the look of the spoiler! Is that the RPM performance plus spoiler?

Reactions: richieyim
Car looks awesome !! The tint make such a huge difference. Love the look of the spoiler! Is that the RPM performance plus spoiler?

View attachment 697910View attachment 697911View attachment 697912View attachment 697913
Oops! I saw your response on earlier post regarding the spoiler. Love it. Could you take a picture directly behind it ?

Same for me. I sold it last month because the offer I got was amazing. I got paid to own it. I think you will like it. I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts when you get. My WRX was white and so is my M3.
I will let you know if or when I get it. Driving my truck to work for a few months is going to make me appreciate it even more.

Been lurking here for a while and figured it was time to make it official.
M3LR, MSM, aeros, black, Autopilot
Ordered 7/6
Initial range 7-11 weeks 🙂
Jumped to 10-16 weeks 🤨
A week ago September 15-30 😏
Then November 💀
Last 2 days Aug 26 - Sept 15 😀
I’m in WI, ordered with a SA in Minneapolis MN, picking up in Highland Park IL

Can’t wait to get the car and just rolling with these date updates since they are wack!
EDD range has definitely settled down over the past 12 days and is now sitting at Aug 29 - Sept 16. If this holds, it will be in the original 7-11 week range which I can’t complain about. Good to see quite a few getting VINs and cars recently. Hopeful that sometime in the next 4 weeks or so I join that group!

Reactions: frostm3
As far as I know, they give you temp tags at delivery and mail you the paperwork you need for registration. I would assume you'd get plates from the tax office after registration (unless they're custom, in which case they would mail them to you). In case you haven't already done the math, the taxes due on a Long Range come to a little over $3,000 (6.25% of $50k). That may differ if you financed with your own lender and they included it, but I went through one of their preferred lenders and it's not part of the deal.

I spoke with an advisor awhile back and he said Texas was pretty lenient about the 30-day registration window last year, but this year they're issuing fines if you don't take care of it within that time frame. He said there have been delays getting the paperwork from Tesla that quickly, and if you end up getting fined as a result they will reimburse you. I would definitely confirm with your advisor to be sure, but that's my understanding.
My model y paperwork came 42 days after purchase. It was a 180 fine in Texas.

I'm selling my 2018 Rally Blue WRX for the M3LR . Resell value is amazing.
I had mine for 2 and a half years and I’ve loved everything about the experience. A well rounded quick daily and I’ve met some of the best people from owning that car. Maintenance was great as well, but not Tesla great. I thought it was the perfect everyday car until I drove a M3LR. I tried not to order one and only made it a week after my test drive. Still can’t stop thinking about my first go. Can’t wait to own one.

That's three people today switching from a WRX to a M3LR. I thought maybe I was crazy but I guess not.

That'll be 4 now. I considered a Model 3 last year, but bought a 2018 WRX with a manual transmission instead. At the time I wasn't sure I was ready to go EV so I decided to get "the car I wanted in high school" so to speak. It was fun to have one last daily driver manual sports car and live that wish out, but after revisiting it this year the writing was on the wall and I decided I had to do it and get the M3LR.

Reactions: c00sebookpro
Reading some of these, it seems I got lucky with my EDD. Hopefully it doesn't get pushed back.

Ordered 7/23 with 10-16 week advertised EDD at time of ordering.
EDD has been pretty steady at 8/29-9/18 for a while with the exception of a brief period of time when the EDD was 8/22-9/12.
Right now we are at 8/30-9/18.