Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the "Tesla Virtual Orientation" email...no VIN and same EDD as yesterday after nearly two weeks of the front end moving 1 day right while back end stayed the same. OD 7/6 EDD 8/31-9/8. Anecdotally, anyone have a sense of timing b/w the TVO email and VIN?
I received a VIN about a week after that email.
Btw, I RSVP’d thinking I may get more info on my car. Received a thank you for your RSVP, never received a link or instruction on how to attend. Replied to the email about 5 minutes before the start time, nothing. Chatted on Tesla.com. They had no info on the event, no info on my order (your account EDD is accurate, blah, blah, blah.). Said they would have someone contact me, have not received anything.

My delivery center (knoxville) hasn’t been open very long. I’m worried that no one actually works there yet. I’ve had a vin for almost a week and EDD is 8/26-9-2 but no documents yet.

• Helpful
Reactions: NJBiggie
Reading some of these, it seems I got lucky with my EDD. Hopefully it doesn't get pushed back.

Ordered 7/23 with 10-16 week advertised EDD at time of ordering.
EDD has been pretty steady at 8/29-9/18 for a while with the exception of a brief period of time when the EDD was 8/22-9/12.
Right now we are at 8/30-9/18.
You're pretty much aligned with my scenario but I ordered 7/30 my EDD 8/31 - 9/20 with similar shifts in dates.

Especially since you ordered before me, I’d imagine yours is imminent. Haven’t been contacted by anyone yet to schedule and I never got the emails that a few people have, so I was honestly surprised
I was informed that I was supposed to get a VIn last Friday and take delivery early this week. I was delayed for some reason and now I’m scheduled for the car to be built on Friday. Really hoping that holds this time.

Does anyone know if you buy an inventory car, can you transfer your financing and trade-in from a current order to it? I've seen some red ones pop in inventory today and I might pull the trigger if that is possible. Of course assuming the car is nearby and pretty inexpensive to transport ($1k or less might be reasonable).

Does anyone know if you buy an inventory car, can you transfer your financing and trade-in from a current order to it? I've seen some red ones pop in inventory today and I might pull the trigger if that is possible. Of course assuming the car is nearby and pretty inexpensive to transport ($1k or less might be reasonable).
Yes you can transfer it all if you call in. You will probably have to pay the $100 again. If I was you, i would pull the trigger instantly, the car is probably gone now.