Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its a good morning for a VIN!
Ordered 07/02, EDD 08/27 - 09-01.

Do you guys add the car to your insurance on delivery day?
I believe it depends on your state. I added it to my policy as soon as I received my VIN because I was told when speaking with Support that they need the ID card earlier than pickup day to get my registration done. Since my insurance company (Progressive) won't provide me an ID card until the policy goes into effect, I decided to add it early just so there's no delay with my registration.

Reactions: Extant
Its a good morning for a VIN!
Ordered 07/02, EDD 08/27 - 09-01.

Do you guys add the car to your insurance on delivery day?
I added the car to my insurance shortly after getting my VIN. At the time my EDD was August 30 - September 5 and I told my agent to have the policy go in to effect on August 30.

I'm not sure if uploading insurance has any impact on delivery but I don't think it does. If I was doing it all over I'd probably just wait until I had my delivery scheduled and then get my insurance set up. But I'd still have the policy go into effect a couple days early - just in case the car arrives early. I know, it's more likely to arrive late than early, but I'd hate to get lucky with the delivery date only to not be able to take delivery due to insurance.

Picked the guy up (KITT) yesterday. Couldn’t find anything wrong with it. Already have 150+ miles on it and the experience is awesome. Hold on!
DBA9FF65-7475-426E-830E-BE29B3A6E171.jpeg

I only just ordered on the 25th of august, literally the same date as I ordered my MY last year, and I'm stupidly holding out hope that my 9/15-9/30 EDD on my page is accurate, though seeing others order dates and delivery times, I think I'm setting myself up for dissapointment.

I only just ordered on the 25th of august, literally the same date as I ordered my MY last year, and I'm stupidly holding out hope that my 9/15-9/30 EDD on my page is accurate, though seeing others order dates and delivery times, I think I'm setting myself up for dissapointment.
EDD hell is also partly lottery. Some people get pretty lucky and pick up someone else's canceled order. I have heard of people ordering in August getting their VINs and some people in May still waiting. The variance is wild.