Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
She’s here. Good paint, good panels. Have the slightly recessed rear door handles. Scuff on the steering wheel. That’s it. She’s gorgeous and is a rocket ship. Can’t believe this car is finally sitting in my driveway. It was definitely worth it.

Attachments

• C2D97B77-6635-44C4-8085-AE1D85EAF012.jpeg
    C2D97B77-6635-44C4-8085-AE1D85EAF012.jpeg
    557.9 KB · Views: 75
  • C5E5C02E-3C7F-4475-A2FD-423B75BFCB9D.jpeg
    C5E5C02E-3C7F-4475-A2FD-423B75BFCB9D.jpeg
    731.5 KB · Views: 58
  • E3D35616-3C8E-4D17-BE5B-F9B5834BA80A.jpeg
    E3D35616-3C8E-4D17-BE5B-F9B5834BA80A.jpeg
    598 KB · Views: 53
Congrats! So are you doing carrier direct? I'm trying to work that out but have heard conflicting timelines on how long it takes after pickup is ready.
Thank you!

I am under the impression that they will be driving it to my house. Originally, home delivery was not an option given to me, but when I called to change my delivery date from a Tuesday (as I would be at work) the lady said something like "most people are unable to pick up the cars so we deliver them" so I set up a delivery with her over the phone (address verification, etc.) I'm not completely sure about the method of delivery, but I will keep you posted!

Reactions: Shamu
Craziness just happened. Just saw the new orders are now backed up to February for the SR+ and December for the LR. I had a LR ordered on 7/20 MSM white seats, Aero wheels. Estimated delivery was 10/5 to 10/25 which was perfect timing for me. On 8/4 the estimate moved up to 8/20 to 9/5 but thought there was no way car would come that fast and figured it would move further back again. On 8/7 got email about delivery with a VIN number and received a call from local Tesla store on 8/9 about scheduling pickup. I called back my SA and explained I really wanted to take delivery in October and had no idea that delivery would come this fast because when I placed order estimate was 10-16 weeks. She totally understood and easily placed my order on hold until 10/15 and she said if I was ready before than I could get back in the queue by clicking the I'm ready button on my dashboard. So figuring I would be safe since the new orders were pushed back to December I just released the hold order today around 5pm at work. Later this evening I decided to check my dashboard for the orders I saw estimated delivery 9/13 to 9/20. Check dashboard again a couple hours ago and now see a vin number. Even crazier is that on 9/5 I edited my order and switched from MSM to pearl white paint.
Needless to say I will be taking delivery this time once Tesla calls me since I don't expect to get this lucky again getting a car so quickly twice.

I'm a week away from delivery! Went to Tesla yesterday to see if they had tracking details on my car and they said it's still sitting in CA! 😭

Too bad timing wasn't better with delivery since I could have had it today instead of a week from now. At least I managed to get a much better deal on Insurance (Travelers vs Safeco) and got my pickup setup with Carvana on Friday morning for a killer deal.

Ahhhh, I did it - I placed my order my pearl white LR AWD!

Kicking myself a little though because last night was still a November delivery, but it was pushed to December today. Trading in my 2019 Subaru Crosstrek because the initial trade-in offer is literally what I paid OTD 2 years ago (I heavily negotiated), so I’ll have positive equity to put towards my M3!
Same thing happened to me. I went to order, got caught up with a work phone call while ordering.....refreshed page next morning to finish order and delivery was pushed back by a month lol.

no update since getting vin 9/7 ... advisor said the car was scheduled for delivery on 9/20 , edd 9/17-9/23 ... seems like i may be in a position to get my car sooner but not really sure when the car will get here, they are probably way backed up on transport trailers
So I assume that these cars are built already when vin issued. I got my vin yesterday an hour after taking my order off hold. ED is 9/13-9/20. Ordered white with white aero wheels.