Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not sure you are asking for the full car, but I was quoted around 4900 for the entire car. I am planning to get the stealth cause I think white stealth looks amazing.
I was quoted $6K for the entire car for the 10 year warranty ultra matte look, also known as the frozen look. I was also told it would take 5 business days to finish. I couldn't justify paying that much so I am only doing the front.

Many people have had the same experience with their SA as you. No worries. You should get your financing done ASAP. I really doubt you will get by end of the month but you never know. I do know that Tesla try to push out as many cars as possible by the end of the quarter. However, your status will not move if you don’t finish the next step, which is the financial part. Good luck.
I actually called earlier and they didn't pick-up so I sent a brief text. About 30 minutes ago I got the call and scheduled pick-up for tomorrow at 5pm!

We'll be on the lookout, haha!

If you see a white M3 accidentally driving like a butthole, that's most likely me because I'm not use to driving a fast(ish) car! LOL but please feel free to wave as well!
Is there a general number to text or does the SA provide that to you? My SA sent one introduction email to me but didn’t mention about the number to text so Im just wondering. Also he never replied my email, I guess I don’t really need to ask him anything so I didn’t bother to call him.
Anyways congrats!

Ordered 8/25. MSM/Black with Aero. EDD was originally mid September to mid October. Now showing Nov 2nd to Dec 2nd.

I have done all the steps in my profile EXCEPT the payment method as I am now hesitant to do a credit check with an EDD that far out. Is that pushing my EDD back? If so should I just select a payment method to get it to move along?

I plan on doing self arranged financing but might try to have Tesla match.

Ordered 8/25. MSM/Black with Aero. EDD was originally mid September to mid October. Now showing Nov 2nd to Dec 2nd.

I have done all the steps in my profile EXCEPT the payment method as I am now hesitant to do a credit check with an EDD that far out. Is that pushing my EDD back? If so should I just select a payment method to get it to move along?

I plan on doing self arranged financing but might try to have Tesla match.
Profile submission is listed as one of the determinates for delivery estimation and personally I saw more set dates after I submitted mine but its up to you whether you want to take time on deciding your payment method or not. I'm sure it's not much of a difference and a lot is out of your hands.

Reactions: onthecake
Is there a general number to text or does the SA provide that to you? My SA sent one introduction email to me but didn’t mention about the number to text so Im just wondering. Also he never replied my email, I guess I don’t really need to ask him anything so I didn’t bother to call him.
Anyways congrats!
When I ordered my M3 online I got a welcome text and I believe I just responded to that number when I had a general question. I was never assigned a SA, so Tesla just sorted text me on their own. I'm sure I can send you their number? I imagine it's just Tesla's texting number. They're pretty quick to respond too. Almost all of my communication with Tesla was through text messages. The only time I ever received a phone call was yesterday from the nearest service center to schedule pick-up.

Thanks! Hopefully you receive your M3 soon too! The wait can be agonizing but the car is defs worth it!

Final payment complete and delivery is scheduled for Tuesday the 14th at 1 PM. I called to get an earlier appointment, they said the car is still going through the final phase of inspection. Once the inspection is complete, they may reach out with an earlier delivery date but he suggested I try and call tomorrow or the day after as well.
Tesla sent me a text today saying that my car can be delivered early to my home tomorrow (Sept. 11) with a window of 8 AM - 12 PM, obviously accepted it! I will post pictures if all goes well!

Last edited:
EDD 9/15-9/30 no vin yet. Ordered 7/16. The roller coaster continues.
I have the same EDD as you. But I ordered 08/20/21 while you ordered a full month earlier. Can't believe the you're still waiting when others who ordered after you have already taken delivery. Fingers crossed for this weekend that you see an update. This is rather nerve wracking.

I ordered mine on July 19th blue/white, showed deliverly estimate between Sep 9-29 since end of July and now this morning it changed to estimated delivery date of just “November” not even a timeframe within smh.
I test drove a M3 in late August and submitted an order for a LR White/Black, 18" Aero, no FSD on 8/31. The gentleman who helped me during the test drive stayed in contact with me through the order process. Although I submitted the order on 8/31, I didn't receive an email confirmation until 9/2 despite the order fee showing up on my bank statement - apparently an "IT glitch" per the gentleman. Since then my EDD has also just said "November" with no actual date range.

I test drove a M3 in late August and submitted an order for a LR White/Black, 18" Aero, no FSD on 8/31. The gentleman who helped me during the test drive stayed in contact with me through the order process. Although I submitted the order on 8/31, I didn't receive an email confirmation until 9/2 despite the order fee showing up on my bank statement - apparently an "IT glitch" per the gentleman. Since then my EDD has also just said "November" with no actual date range.
Does your account say anything regarding delivery date? Mine does. We ordered the same day.

And Finally the time has come. So far it looks pretty much perfect. So happy to have it. With all the trouble with the 'vermin' car they gave me a $500 coupon to use in the Tesla shop. We put 2500 miles on the test drive car they let us use for the last 3 weeks. We are having a bit of trouble with our phones connecting which I see others are having - sure that will work out.

241669373_10226375758164025_2784809961789606067_n.jpg

Ahhhh, I did it - I placed my order my pearl white LR AWD!

Kicking myself a little though because last night was still a November delivery, but it was pushed to December today. Trading in my 2019 Subaru Crosstrek because the initial trade-in offer is literally what I paid OTD 2 years ago (I heavily negotiated), so I’ll have positive equity to put towards my M3!

How many of you received the die-cast model 3 when you picked up your car?
I got one when I went to the store to order my M3 in Feb 2020. I mentioned I had an original first morning deposit for years, but the timing didn't work out when my number came up and I eventually had to cancel my order during a government shutdown (I needed the $1k). They wonderful SA's said, hey wait a minute, went in the back, and found an old leftover toy car. That was so kind.

Reactions: Stinger1234