Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my situation.

I ordered near the end of August and today is delivery day. They just called me to say that my car is out of production and is in transit to the Tesla site, so they're pushing my delivery window from 12-2pm to 4-8 bc they don't know how long it will take to get to them. I asked about the agreements issue and he said that shouldn't have anything to do with this and that he would "ping his people and see if they can push them through." He told me to check again in 30 minutes. So maybe it's something to do with the website? But I'd recommend calling and asking.
I got a call this morning that my car was still at the factory and wouldn't come out until tomorrow. Shortly after that I got a notification that my agreements are ready. I had the same problem with ID verification though. I have a new appointment tomorrow and I'll just bring my paper licence along with my passport (as proof of ID if they ask for something), and hopefully I'll be able to sign the agreements in person.

I'm brand new to site, just ordered my Model 3 LR 2weeks ago. Currently my ESD is 11/1-11/21. Hopefully I am doing everything correct, I selected cash as how I am purchasing. This is what my lender NFCU advised, & they already sent me the check for the purchase. My other question is INS. I don't want to get ins 2 months in advance, but is not getting it yet holding me up?
No, insurance won't be holding you up. You cannot get it until you are assigned a VIN anyway.

I picked up my car today! It was a little confusing at first, since I just unlocked the car and left the Tesla center. Love the community as well; at my specific pickup location there were volunteers who were going around asking if new owners needed any help. The car is such a blast to drive. Coming from an amg c43, I’m still blown away by the acceleration. Suspension is also softer than my last car. I actually really like the softer suspension and it handles great.

Reactions: allentx46
Finally! It’s happened to me!!!
88558BF8-DC8D-4C7C-A19E-6904A0F58CBA.jpeg

Ordered on 8/20. Black/black/18.

I was scheduled for delivery tomorrow at noon but they called today saying that I could take delivery early today. We agreed on 4pm so that I could leave work early and have enough time to get home.
Didn’t really matter since they dropped the car off at 1:15. My wife found the car blocking the entire driveway when she went to pick up the kids from school. 😂

No significant quality issues.
the only downside is that fedex seems to have lost my wall charger and are giving me the runaround.

Is anyone waiting for possible EV credit coming in 2022?
My ED was late September and I deferred it till Oct.
Is anyone in the same shoes as I am?
I would have taken delivery. The outlook on the EV credit is not great right now and even if it does pass, not likely to be retroactive, so would likely need to defer until after January. Just my 2 cents.