Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to get a hold of Tesla today. My delivery was scheduled for today but yesterday I received a vauge text from my local (worthless) SC stating the car was never delivered and the date is now 12/1.

I called the FL Tesla number and was told that the car did not have the USB-C plugs installed which kept it from shipping. They will have it installed and shipped out with a delivery date of 11/28.
I think it is better that they install those before you take delivery. Otherwise You'll be chasing them afterwards to have them installed.

Is there not a physical dealership in Calgary? My SA is the guy I met when we took the Model for a test drive. And he prefers to communicate through texts… and I’ve been to the Edmonton store a few times. They’ve been very nice, and patient!!

Yes, there is a physical dealership in Calgary. They are overwhelmed most of the time and turnover is high. I managed to order two cars from an SA who was communicative at the least, but he seems to have moved on. The new SA who was assigned to me in September when I ordered a third never reached out. In fact, I had to call the store (which gets redirected to the national line BTW) to find out who she was and that I wanted her to reach out (Still hasn't). LR Sept order has been pushed from Mid-Oct, to Mid-Nov, to Late-Nov, to December. In my experience, expect the worst in Alberta unless you can snag an inventory car/rejected car.

Yes, there is a physical dealership in Calgary. They are overwhelmed most of the time and turnover is high. I managed to order two cars from an SA who was communicative at the least, but he seems to have moved on. The new SA who was assigned to me in September when I ordered a third never reached out. In fact, I had to call the store (which gets redirected to the national line BTW) to find out who she was and that I wanted her to reach out (Still hasn't). LR Sept order has been pushed from Mid-Oct, to Mid-Nov, to Late-Nov, to December. In my experience, expect the worst in Alberta unless you can snag an inventory car/rejected car.
Damn that sucks...I guess it makes sense though, Alberta probably gets last dibs compared to BC and ONT. I mean 0 superchargers in Calgary says it all, the Crossiron Supercharger doesn't count.

New here and 1st Tesla (Maybe it'll impress enough to be a keeper)
Anyway Looking forward to getting it some time Maybe late Jan - Feb. People I know LOVE theirs, So, is there any reason I will or will not? I have driver one a few years back but not enough to get the real effect of it. So as a new member to the EV world give me some of the best DO's and Don'ts to make this as positive as possible.

Thanks for the input and or suggestions.

Damn that sucks...I guess it makes sense though, Alberta probably gets last dibs compared to BC and ONT. I mean 0 superchargers in Calgary says it all, the Crossiron Supercharger doesn't count.
Boy that outlook really sucks! I hope you’re wrong!😉
why doesn’t Crossiron count? Considered Airdire? Think of all the shopping you can while charging at the Bass Pro Shop!!

It’s been at least 10 days since my trade-in request, and not only do I not have a VIN, i’ve been pushed back 2 1/2 months! I’m really hoping it will come back to December. But glad to hear it’s excruciating to others as well! It’s truly sad how often I log out/in per day hoping for better news!
This has been a ride for addicts! I tell people not to drive a Tesla unless you are ready to order one three to six months out..... Appears to be my last 10 days on a 9/9 order of a Red LR aero blk interior

Reactions: t.e.s.l.a_dude
Boy that outlook really sucks! I hope you’re wrong!😉
why doesn’t Crossiron count? Considered Airdire? Think of all the shopping you can while charging at the Bass Pro Shop!!
I hope I'm wrong too, haha. On a slightly better note, Tesla actually responded to my text message right before I was going to call them. Basically said not to pay too much attention to the EDDs. She said it will probably change again a couple of more times.

Is anyone seeing any movement in Arizona?

Nothing on my end, same EDD as before (11/26 - 12/24)
Yes, slowly but surely. I got mine delivered last Friday with order date of 10/5. They delivered directly to my house, approx 2 1/2 hrs into the 4 hour delivery window. Car was nearly perfect minus a couple paint spots and interior trim (one piece is a bit loose and another is scratched). I posted about it earlier, page 1121. I also have learned today that my included mobile connector is not working properly (charging at 8A instead of 12A) so make sure you test it.

Reactions: Bodd and ohiader
OD 10/16
Black/white/aero/no FSD
Calgary, Alberta
EDD 1- Dec 1 - Dec 25
EDD 2- Nov 15 - Dec 21
EDD 3- Nov 23 - Dec 21
EDD 4- Nov 28 - Dec 12

Still waiting and hoping it doesn’t get pushed further!
Basecally same timeline as you, updated a couple of days ago. I'm in Canada as well, I texted Tesla and that's their response:

"Hi M,

At this point, there is no VIN match. This will be assigned when the vehicle arrives, which is somewhere in the ETA date range given in your account. There is nothing outstanding on your end, so please continue to wait while your dream car is being built!

Thank you"