Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blue / Black / 18 Aero / No FSD

OD: 10/10
1st EDD: 11/12-12/10
2nd EDD: 11/24-12/10
3rd EDD: 11/25-12/07
4th EDD: 11/30-12/06
11/15: Received text to notify me my delivery center has changed to the one in my state. Previously, I was going to have to pick it up in Colorado as there were no centers in my state, then Tesla was able to get around that law by setting up on tribal lands in Sept, but they still could not do deliveries until recently and now they apparently can.
VIN Received: 11/20
Vision Agreement completed: 11/21
Credit pulled by Tesla Finance: 11/22

Seems like things are progressing!

App prompts to upload insurance picture, but I cannot do that until I have a firm delivery date according to my insurance agent since the M3 will be replacing my current vehicle and I want to keep my discounts. I worried that might delay delivery, so I called the Tesla main number and spoke to someone that said it would not and I could just upload it once I had a confirmed date. I hope that is correct, don’t want to delay it.

20211123_103048-jpg.736473

Order Date 10/21
Vin Received 11/7
Delivery 11/23
Charlotte Service center

No USB ports, Cell phone charge pad not working. No center console tray, not sure if this is still included. In my 2020 SR+ it was included.
Could not find any trim, paint or panel gap issues. So I am happy.

EDD changed this morning, it's now 12/01 - 12/15. Yay!
Yea mine just changed also this morning. From 11/24-12/22 to 11/26-12/10. We shall see. If it is anything like our Y it will happen quickly. We got our VIN for our Y on 9/26 and delivered to our house on 9/30. Funny how we weren’t expecting until EED of December. Amazing part was the manufacture date was 9/25.

Reactions: ohiader
Austin, Texas

LongRangeAWD/Grey/White/18"/NO FSD
Order Date: 11/5
Original EDD: December 2021
EDD on 11/8: April 14-May 5
EDD on 11/14: December 8-December 31
EDD on 11/23: December 13-27

Getting closer! This is pretty great considering many of you ordered months ago and are arriving at the same time.

Any other Texans here?

Austin, Texas

LongRangeAWD/Grey/White/18"/NO FSD
Order Date: 11/5
Original EDD: December 2021
EDD on 11/8: April 14-May 5
EDD on 11/14: December 8-December 31
EDD on 11/23: December 13-27

Getting closer! This is pretty great considering many of you ordered months ago and are arriving at the same time.

Any other Texans here?
Houston TX here.

LongRangeAWD/Blue/Black/18"/NO FSD
Order Date: 11/10. Color change to blue 11/12.
Original EDD: December 15-31
EDD on 11/23: December 10-24

when is your EDD? Mine is 12/20 - 12/31, still waiting for VIN before putting the order on hold.
How long can I wait to take the delivery after Tesla's notice? If Tesla tells me the car is ready on 12/23, can I wait for one week and take delivery on 1/1/22?
According to my order agreement and what I've seen is you're given an option within 3 days of the first available delivery day and that's it. You might have to contact Tesla if you need to extend past the 3 days but they may just assign the VIn to another customer. and put you in the queue for the next available car.

I don't know whether they give any leeway if say the first date available is 12/31, will they let you pick up on 1/1 or 1/2, as at the end of the quarter they want the End of Quarter/Year number.

I've been waiting for this week for a couple years now - too excited! Seemed like a good idea to start a support group!

Ordered Midnight Silver/White Interior LR AWD on 10/17 - sooo excite!

Expected Delivery 11/19-12/21

*sidebar, it's absolutely crazy, I was about to order an M3 regardless and they just so happen to release the refresh the same week - feeling pretty humble over here.
Sounds exciting I’m expecting mine same model black interior by December 10 can’t wait! I ordered a week or two before you. Also Just got my homecharging system installed last week too!

2021 Model 3 Long Range AWD white on white.
Ordered: 10/20
Estimated Delivery: November 25 - December 23
Delivery Location: Bay Area, CA

Question to folks here:
When I entered delivery location it didn't ask me which delivery option I want (Home,SC etc.). It only asked for my address and I cannot change it anymore.
It now simply says:

Did anyone get the same odd behaviour?
I was hoping to get SC delivery in Palo Alto instead of home delivery.
No but When I ordered I asked for home delivery and they informed me that they don’t deliver to my location at that time and I would need to go pick it up once delivered. In Chicago and the place I have to pick it up it’s only 20 minutes away so little bummed I have to go pick it up but not too big of a deal.

Reactions: Arrax
According to my order agreement and what I've seen is you're given an option within 3 days of the first available delivery day and that's it. You might have to contact Tesla if you need to extend past the 3 days but they may just assign the VIn to another customer. and put you in the queue for the next available car.

I don't know whether they give any leeway if say the first date available is 12/31, will they let you pick up on 1/1 or 1/2, as at the end of the quarter they want the End of Quarter/Year number.
They give you a 3 day window. I was told I can get mine 12/1 2 or 3. But no other days

That is absolutely brutal. Have you ever had a VIN assigned? Thinking I might need to try and check less and just be surprised when I get the vin or delivery email.
Nope. No VIN. I only check on day 2 of my window, and by now the only question is "how long is it delayed now".

I don't see why Tesla even bothers having Sales Advisors. I got switched to a new one, he's never emailed me.

This is correct. I forgot to mention the SA said 3 days is the max you can delay if they’ve already contacted you for delivery “officially” - she said it’s up to the location to work with you but it certainly won’t be for a week or more or something.

It seems all the end of year holds are starting to back things up - new M3LR orders are now showing February 2022.
You won't see January deliveries in the US for the most part. The first month of the quarter production goes overseas, and the US deliveries are the second and third months for the most part so they have time to ship and deliver the cars in the quarter. If you don't get delivery in December, February makes sense.