Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m afraid I’ve been trapped in the same black hole as you bro… 3rd edd change this morning. 2 days out from start of window and they kicked me back 2 weeks. I’m going nuts and your order is almost 2 months older than mine! I really can’t believe you don’t have a car yet…

I may cancel my order if this continues. I love the idea of Tesla but if their customer service is going to be as awful for owners as it is for orders I don’t want the car. My local shop (Santa Barbara CA) gives me only one word responses when I call them. My SA has never responded to texts or emails, including a request for a new SA. When I called corporate last week to talk about scheduling delivery and my holiday travel plans I was told my order was on track for my old edd (12/1-12/15 so I was okay to order my tickets. Now my EDD is 12-14-12/31 and I’ll be out of state half that time.

When I bought my BMW i3 a few years ago I got regular texts and calls from my dealer, they worked with me on pricing, and they gave me 2 YEARS of free charging at EVGO.

Does anyone have an actual positive experience with Tesla service? Anyone else in SB have experience at our god awful service center? I drove past the Camarillo center on Thanksgiving and saw cars on the lot… maybe I should put in a second order there and see if they fill it more quickly

Put in a second order. Use the chat before you do and see what happens. I was on there yesterday and the CS in chat was saying they could pair me up with a configuration that was available at no cost and no wait.

Ordered M3LR 9/13
White/White/Aero
Delivery in CO (littleton location)
EDD has been all over the place, originally was December, then moved up to 9/20-9/30, 9/27-9/28 (I think they were trying to get me in their EOQ push), then pushed back to late Nov, then early Oct, and now sitting on an EDD of 10/21 - 11/17. No VIN yet.

I called Tesla yesterday and they told me they are seeing the exact same dates on their end which they said means it's pretty accurate if I'm seeing the same thing that they are. Not sure what else to think, hoping to receive the VIN soon!

Anyone else in my area with similar dates?

Just wanted to throw in an update and an extra data point to my original post -

I took delivery yesterday after receiving my VIN (2022) on the 16th. The delivery appointment was super smooth, I had a great experience. I did notice a panel gap on the driver's side passenger window, but I probably wouldn't have noticed it if I wasn't on these forums so much :) service appointment has already been scheduled for it.

All USB ports/wireless charging is working. Car is amazing, I spent a ton of time driving it yesterday and getting used to the regen braking. It looks amazing, feels amazing to sit in, feels even better to drive, and I can't get over just how fast this thing can accelerate...well worth the wait!!

Random question, is there a time of day that Tesla seems to update EDD or is it random (probably based on external factor being added to the system)?
Seems to be random, at least for me. My EDD shifted around numerous times, which mostly happened overnight/on Sunday morning. But there were a couple times where the EDD also updated in the evening during a weekday.

New EV owner here. Cautious as I'm a massive petrolhead (yes, I own a classic Alfa. 1974 GTV 2000) and concerned about new technologies as the mantra seems to be "just get it out there. if it doesn't work right, we'll just update it". I prefer the mantra of get it out there right the first time and let's not make it a pain for the customer. But.....what do I know? Jumping into the pool!

M3LR/Blue/Blk/18" Aero's/No FSD
OD: 25 Nov 21
EDD: 16-30 Dec 21
Delivery Location: Las Vegas

Just got the delivery scheduling text, picking up Thursday, 12/2 at 4:00pm (all available appointments were for all late afternoon slots). Original order date was 11/1, took just a little more than a month, not too bad!
Where are you picking up in NY? I will be picking up in Mt Kisco. OD 11/4 still no vin but this gives me hope it will be soon!

Just got the delivery scheduling text, picking up Thursday, 12/2 at 4:00pm (all available appointments were for all late afternoon slots). Original order date was 11/1, took just a little more than a month, not too bad!

Congrats! I have a delivery dat estimated for around 12/4 - 12/10 REALLY HOPING for that Sceduling text soon! But not too soon — Still waiting on my title — it’s been over 35 days!!!. Gosh everything is aligning way too tight. GOOD LUCK!

Reactions: Renoir
Long post...So today was delivery day. After the train to Tesla 2 hours away was delayed for 2 hours I was nervous I wasn't going to make it in time. Little did I know that was just the beginning of my concerns....About half way through my journey I received a phone call from Tesla. " Your car was damaged during transport.". My heart sank. The damage was to the area behind the drivers tire. The plastic was broken and the fender was bent. They sent me pics and once the mud flap was on you couldn't tell but this is a new car....

Once i arrived at Tesla at Lawrence in Toronto I met with a man named Chevy. He showed me the damage and told me he was going to have into the shop first thing monday morning but it was going to be in for a week. I was obviously devastated. Hundreds of dollars and a full day just to get told better luck next week. Except not at all. He then showed me the MODEL S Performance I was going home with and then told me they would flat bed the car to me and do the swap in my driveway. I was FLOORED. Sure the EDD changes and such are a PIA but this blew me away. He kept apologizing and tell me thanks for being understanding and such...I was like. Man your giving me basically my dream car to drive for a week and then delivering my car to my house. I have zero reason to be upset.

Morale of the story is. YMMV but my day 1 experience has been incredible even with my poor M3LR having a hiccup. Also that model S is insane. I hope I am not disappointed with the performance of mine now. In all fairness this is a P85D so its a little older but it works like a top. Also the free supercharging is nice...haha.

That’s a bummer but glad they did right by you (the customer) I can excuse a lot so long as it’s handled correctly.

Received yet another text from SC yesterday. Instead of 12/1 its now 12/6 as the car has still yet to arrive. This time I'm being told its due to truck availability issues whereas last time I was told it was due to USB-C issues, then was told those were fine and it was on a train... What gives?

This wouldn't be as big of a deal except they already made me get insurance and pay the down payment ahead of the original 11/22 delivery date.
Get it together

I do not thinks you NEED to get insurance or the down payment. You just need to take care of that before you pick it up — Once you can book your delivery date you have 2 days maybe 3 to get that all taken care of.

By not paying your down payment tor insurance I do not believe that will delay anything. You just need it before you pickup the car. Most insurance companies will back date the insurance card as well as get it to you same day. So I don’t think any of thing would be a problem? But I’m brand new to this too — But I ALSO (like you) did get insurance with faith in the delivery date (next week). So HOPFULY I’m not in the same situation as you here in a week….

I’m afraid I’ve been trapped in the same black hole as you bro… 3rd edd change this morning. 2 days out from start of window and they kicked me back 2 weeks. I’m going nuts and your order is almost 2 months older than mine! I really can’t believe you don’t have a car yet…

I may cancel my order if this continues. I love the idea of Tesla but if their customer service is going to be as awful for owners as it is for orders I don’t want the car. My local shop (Santa Barbara CA) gives me only one word responses when I call them. My SA has never responded to texts or emails, including a request for a new SA. When I called corporate last week to talk about scheduling delivery and my holiday travel plans I was told my order was on track for my old edd (12/1-12/15 so I was okay to order my tickets. Now my EDD is 12-14-12/31 and I’ll be out of state half that time.

When I bought my BMW i3 a few years ago I got regular texts and calls from my dealer, they worked with me on pricing, and they gave me 2 YEARS of free charging at EVGO.

Does anyone have an actual positive experience with Tesla service? Anyone else in SB have experience at our god awful service center? I drove past the Camarillo center on Thanksgiving and saw cars on the lot… maybe I should put in a second order there and see if they fill it more quickly

I think we need to look at this from the perspective of “the time we are” Like COVID time… ALL Auto makers are having these issues (maybe not the quality control) but that’s somewhat forgivable so long as they fix it. I went into a Land Rover dealer and he said they wouldn’t be making cars for another YEAR — and ones they do have largely wont even have screens. Same with BMW. So let’s cut Tesla a little bit of a slack.

Right now they’re doing what they can, and I wouldn’t let this one moment in time dictate your perception of their future customer service. Then again, COVID has been a round now for 2+ years…. So I don’t know - I’m just inclined to cut them a break — they’re pushing out cars the best they possibly can with local and federal laws all trying to hold them up.