Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man - I think my excitement has drastically died down since coming here.

M3 LR Wht/Blk, Aero, No FSD
EDD: Dec. 16-31
Order Date: 11/22

Since I'm not too big on color and have kids I went with the most basic version possible in hopes it accelerates the production but it appears that may not be the case. Either way - I'm getting a Tesla for hundreds less than the 6 quotes I got for $30-40,000 cars due to this market inventory issues. So I can't complain if I have to wait a month or two.

I'd ask but it sounds like there is no correct answer, just luck of the draw, when it comes to, "Do most people get earlier deliveries than the EDD?" lol

Since I'm not too big on color and have kids I went with the most basic version possible in hopes it accelerates the production but it appears that may not be the case. Either way - I'm getting a Tesla for hundreds less than the 6 quotes I got for $30-40,000 cars due to this market inventory issues. So I can't complain if I have to wait a month or two.

I'd ask but it sounds like there is no correct answer, just luck of the draw, when it comes to, "Do most people get earlier deliveries than the EDD?" lol
My original EDD was 11/3 to 12/3. My delivery came 11/20 so slightly over the mid-point of the original EDD. Pretty close, IMHO.

This is a long thread, among many other threads I have not yet read, so I apologize if this question has been covered elsewhere. I'm close to ordering a M3 LR after checking out the M3 and MY. I'm not in a rush so want to make sure I pick the best one for me. I like many features of the Y (new castings and structural battery pack, spaciousness, etc) but prefer the look of the M3. Just curious if all 2022 M3's for US customers will be made in Fremont? Sounds like new giga-factories may offer new colors and other enhancements, but don't know if any of these enhancements/improvements will be available in the US market in 2022.

My original EDD Nov 22 - Dec 20
Took delivery on Nov 23
Mine was spot on.

I heard that the more expensive the vehicle the quicker the delivery, but from what I saw on my delivery that is not true. There was a lot of M3 LR with no upgrades spoke to a few people taking delivery and no one had FSD either.

My original EDD was 11/3 to 12/3. My delivery came 11/20 so slightly over the mid-point of the original EDD. Pretty close, IMHO.

My original EDD Nov 22 - Dec 20
Took delivery on Nov 23
Mine was spot on.

I heard that the more expensive the vehicle the quicker the delivery, but from what I saw on my delivery that is not true. There was a lot of M3 LR with no upgrades spoke to a few people taking delivery and no one had FSD either.
It’s good reads. Fingers crossed. Have the wall connector on order and an electrician lined up so I’m hoping all that up front ain’t for waiting around lol

Reactions: LadM3
I ordered a 2021 on 10/14. It's a 2022 per the 10th character being an N. Some knowledgable guys on this forum explained this. After 11/1, the model becomes a 2022. 44 days from order to delivery here in Sacramento, CA area. Delivery is tomorrow between noon and 4 pm! Fingers crossed!

Niceeee excited for ya! I am just waiting on my Title to my current car I paid off —- Ugh I hope I get it in the next few days. it’s been over a MONTH! Need it to take delivery.

So I’m in a odd situation, I purchased my car from GM — But I still do not have the title, it’s been over 30 days now. I’m hoping I get it in the next few days buy my delivery window is rapidly closing Dec 4 - Dec 10th. And I just got a text saying I need to submit a photo of the front and back of the title before delivery. I’m guessing I can delay doing this until I get a actual Delivery Date / Time? Assuming I timed all of this right my title should be here before the 4th but everything is so close… Has anyone requested a delivery date outside the window they offered? How picky is Tesla about that? The last thing I want is my car to be re-assigned to someone else because of just a few days waiting for the title.

Long post...So today was delivery day. After the train to Tesla 2 hours away was delayed for 2 hours I was nervous I wasn't going to make it in time. Little did I know that was just the beginning of my concerns....About half way through my journey I received a phone call from Tesla. " Your car was damaged during transport.". My heart sank. The damage was to the area behind the drivers tire. The plastic was broken and the fender was bent. They sent me pics and once the mud flap was on you couldn't tell but this is a new car....

Once i arrived at Tesla at Lawrence in Toronto I met with a man named Chevy. He showed me the damage and told me he was going to have into the shop first thing monday morning but it was going to be in for a week. I was obviously devastated. Hundreds of dollars and a full day just to get told better luck next week. Except not at all. He then showed me the MODEL S Performance I was going home with and then told me they would flat bed the car to me and do the swap in my driveway. I was FLOORED. Sure the EDD changes and such are a PIA but this blew me away. He kept apologizing and tell me thanks for being understanding and such...I was like. Man your giving me basically my dream car to drive for a week and then delivering my car to my house. I have zero reason to be upset.

Morale of the story is. YMMV but my day 1 experience has been incredible even with my poor M3LR having a hiccup. Also that model S is insane. I hope I am not disappointed with the performance of mine now. In all fairness this is a P85D so its a little older but it works like a top. Also the free supercharging is nice...haha.

M3 LR Midnight Silver/White with 18 Aero Rims no FSD
Vancouver Canada
OD: 10/31
1st EDD (11/01): 12/18 to 12/31
2nd EDD (11/07): 12/05 to 12/31
3rd EDD (11/19): 11/27 to 12/11
4th EDD (11/21): 12/05 to 12/31
5th EDD (11/25): 12/03 to 12/17

No emails or text from Tesla and no Vin in the account or in the source code 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Batz89
This is an intriguing directive in light of the inevitable stampede of customers who will be looking to push their December deliveries into 2022.
Looks like this might explain my delay.

From a letter Elon sent out yesterday:

View attachment 738038
I’m probably reading too much into this. But, in the surface it’s an intriguing directive and perspective in light of the inevitable stampede of customers who will be looking to push their December deliveries into 2022 for (potential) tax credit purposes.

Long post...So today was delivery day. After the train to Tesla 2 hours away was delayed for 2 hours I was nervous I wasn't going to make it in time. Little did I know that was just the beginning of my concerns....About half way through my journey I received a phone call from Tesla. " Your car was damaged during transport.". My heart sank. The damage was to the area behind the drivers tire. The plastic was broken and the fender was bent. They sent me pics and once the mud flap was on you couldn't tell but this is a new car....

Once i arrived at Tesla at Lawrence in Toronto I met with a man named Chevy. He showed me the damage and told me he was going to have into the shop first thing monday morning but it was going to be in for a week. I was obviously devastated. Hundreds of dollars and a full day just to get told better luck next week. Except not at all. He then showed me the MODEL S Performance I was going home with and then told me they would flat bed the car to me and do the swap in my driveway. I was FLOORED. Sure the EDD changes and such are a PIA but this blew me away. He kept apologizing and tell me thanks for being understanding and such...I was like. Man your giving me basically my dream car to drive for a week and then delivering my car to my house. I have zero reason to be upset.

Morale of the story is. YMMV but my day 1 experience has been incredible even with my poor M3LR having a hiccup. Also that model S is insane. I hope I am not disappointed with the performance of mine now. In all fairness this is a P85D so its a little older but it works like a top. Also the free supercharging is nice...haha.
I'm curious how the damage occurred? Did he have any details?

Minnesota buyer here!

This is my first Tesla, and I have to say I really like the hands-off experience of buying a car. We always hated going to a car dealership and the flocks of salesman running to you. The SA that I am dealing with, Liam from the Maplewood location has been awesome. I made the mistake of putting the car in the name of a trust when I registered. Little did I know, Tesla financing, or TONS of other banks do not support that either. I reached out and Liam was able to make that change quickly, even though the Tesla registration page says it cannot be changed.

My configuration is below…

M3LR/blue/black seats/aero wheels
OD: 10/29
EDD: 12-13/12-31

So far my EDD has not changed once. Not sure if it is good or bad 🤷‍♂️ Seems like a lot of people on here have had multiple changes thus far.

It's happening! I have a scheduled delivery for this Friday.

OD: 11/1
M3LR / DBM / BLK Interior / 18" Aeros / No FSD
EDD: 11/28 - 12/26
EDD: 11/29 - 12/12 (updated 11/16)
EDD: 12/2 - 12/8 (Updated 11/20)

Scheduled pick up 12/3 (Updated Thanksgiving morning 11/25)
Maryland

For those keeping track, I received my trade in text on 11/16, and the VIN showed up on 11/20.

This seems to be a common complaint, but I have not heard a peep from my SA since my test drive back in October...

130CB27C-D4C2-47DA-AC31-DB0481480019.jpeg
7D1B1781-3910-42A8-AA25-30275A30DA1A.jpeg
3077948D-69B3-4D2E-91DB-5EC251186D85.jpeg
This is it! It’s time to say goodbye to this thread. It was a good run my friends. Today’s the day i took delivery. I would say the quality is still not perfect. Panel gaps and fitment issues still exists. Especially the hood, my car’s black but it’s noticeable that it’s sunk deeper on one side than the other. Getting a hold of my SA to schedule a service to fix the issues. Wireless chargers and usb ports are installed and working. Other than that it was a good experience. Home delivery was quick and easy. The wait is definitely worth it and I hope you all get yours soon! ✌🏻

It's happening! I have a scheduled delivery for this Friday.

OD: 11/1
M3LR / DBM / BLK Interior / 18" Aeros / No FSD
EDD: 11/28 - 12/26
EDD: 11/29 - 12/12 (updated 11/16)
EDD: 12/2 - 12/8 (Updated 11/20)

Scheduled pick up 12/3 (Updated Thanksgiving morning 11/25)
Maryland

For those keeping track, I received my trade in text on 11/16, and the VIN showed up on 11/20.

This seems to be a common complaint, but I have not heard a peep from my SA since my test drive back in October...
Pretty common unless you have hiccups...Congrats!

• Love
Reactions: drdumont
Amazing, I don’t even need to put order on hold, Tesla with its delivery time will do the job…

Just got another update…

M3LR black/white/19 order date is 9/3

EDD progress:
9/5: 11/8 - 12/8
9/20: 12/6 - 1/5
10/27: 11/20-12/18
10/29: 12/11-12/31
10/30: 11/27-12/25
11/1: 12/30-12/31
11/5: 12/19 - 12/31
11/23: 12/25-12/31

Today 11/27: MARCH 8 - APRIL 5…

CD619FB1-5F8F-40F3-814A-41D3A473E34C.jpeg

Can’t believe…

M3 LR Midnight Silver/White with 18 Aero Rims no FSD
Vancouver Canada
OD: 10/31
1st EDD (11/01): 12/18 to 12/31
2nd EDD (11/07): 12/05 to 12/31
3rd EDD (11/19): 11/27 to 12/11
4th EDD (11/21): 12/05 to 12/31
5th EDD (11/25): 12/03 to 12/17

No emails or text from Tesla and no Vin in the account or in the source code 🤷‍♂️
I still haven’t had any movement on my EDD… still 11/30-12/28