Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received a delivery date for December 7th

OD 10/13
EDD 12/1 - 12/31
EDD 11/22-12/24
EDD 11/30-12/14
DD 12/7

I didn't pay much attention and would just check back in every once in a while to see how it shifted. Hoping it really is delivered on the 7th.
Hey Girl Trom! Congrats on getting a DD! Did you get the VIN yet as well? It’s like you got all the expected EDD’s. Maybe your secret is to not check every couple hours like me; It’s making me nuts! Happy thoughts for you!
Mine haven’t been as nice:
OD 10/24
EDD 11/20-12/18
EDD 1/31-2/28! That one took the wind out of my sails!
EDD 1/9-2/6… better, but still in 2022!

I also put in all trade-in stuff about 2 weeks ago with a pretty decent value, actually. I may have a couple buyers for a private sale, so that will get me a bit more $$’s, but good to have a backup if I need to move quickly. Hoping for a cancelled order to come quicker. Waiting on the MSM LR, black, 19” tires.

Reactions: Emira and Batz89
My experience with Delivery Day:
In short, FANTASTIC!

Tesla scheduled a noon to 4 pm delivery. Yesterday. OD was 10/14. Waited around in the driveway after 11:30 am. Someone had written on this forum that these guys can show up early. Raked up some leaves. Wondered if they'd bring Tesla on a truck? Or drive it? Watched the kids throw around a rugby ball, between looking up and down the street for the new car! Very excited, of course!

Called Tesla at 1:50 pm to check in (Rockin, California.) First time I've called, ever. First time speaking to anyone at Tesla. Learned they were short staffed. Running behind with deliveries. Asked if I was paying with cashiers check. Yes, I said. Fine. We'll notify the driver.

At 2:55 pm. Tesla rep calls back. We're backed up. Very sorry. Not able to get vehicle to you today. All booked up tomorrow. And our drivers don't accept cashier's checks, only the dealership does. Are you in a rush for the car? No, but if it's there we'll drive to you in Rocklin. 35 minutes later, I arrive with wife and kids. Handful of folks milling around showroom. Some general chatter. Most people pushing buttons on their smart phones. Some Model Ys and 3s in there. Wife excited. Employee greets wife, asks for last name. Says he'll get the Tesla and paperwork ready. Disappears for ten minutes. Returns with paperwork a few minutes later. Sign here, here and here. Hand over cashier's check. Do we need copies of any of that paperwork, I ask. "Take photos if you want, he says. It's all DMV paperwork." Okay, I think. Don't need that. Employee shows us to vehicle outside dealership.

It looks great! Okay everyone. It's the moment we've been waiting for. Wife loves it. Kids go straight into the back. They love it too!

Ask employee what do we do if there's defects. Says we have 100 miles or 24 hours to notify them via the app, take photos and describe issues. I'm okay with that. We're only 35 miles from Rocklin Tesla. I spend 10 minutes looking over the car, inside and out. Look under the car. Don't see any issues. No scratches, or visible damage to anything. Then again, I know I'm kind of rushing it a bit! Figure out I'll look it over when I get home. Take a photo of wife behind the wheel. Wife and kids drive it home. Follow me in my 03 Honda CRV with 150,000 miles with two front struts needing replacing in the front and a noisy wheel bearing issue in back. Almost get in a collision on the way home. Me, that is. Some guy in a brank new BMW comes up on the hard shoulder and cuts in between me and the car in front. I brake hard. Have to lay on the horn for a long time!!! BMW disappears ahead, cutting from lane to lany in heavy traffic. Arrive home safe. Make pizza. Wife and kids check out car in garage.

Today. Check over car systematically. I find two areas of scratches, about thumb-size, on the inside lower portion of driver side window; three thumb sized discolorations on the lower carpeted back of the rear seats; a slight misalignment on the front trunk where the gap between the trunk and the next body panel is noticeably smaller on the passenger side than driver side; a similar alignment issue on the driver side taillights where the gap with the next body panel is slightly larger than on the passenger side. Now, I understand, from previous posters in this forum, that not all the gaps between body panels are 100% evenly spaced on Teslas. Can I live with it? Yes! It's hardly noticeable. I schedule a service appointment in mid-December, listing these issues, and sending photos. Document it.

Now, something the Tesla employee said is worth sharing for those of you thinking of postponing delivery until 2022. I mentioned it was only 44 days since I ordered the Tesla, the employee appeared shocked...at least, the portion of his face over his face mask did. He said he has heard that waits of 4 - 6 months may become the norm after January 1. Again, this information is from one Tesla employee here in northern California, so make of that what you will.

I'd like to share my thoughts about the customer service at Tesla. I think it's great! Look, there's no fake smiles, no fake sincerity, no can-I-get-you-a-bottle-of-water while you wait...let me introduce you to the sales manager....oh, here's the finance manager who'll be with you in a minute, etc, etc...all the things I've experienced when buying cars from non-Tesla dealerships in the past. And I've blown a lot of money that way. With Tesla, at least for me, there was none of the let me familiarize you with you new car BS. It's what I'd call some old-fashioned British service. "Here's your car, mate. You figure it out, and you'll love it!" I realize from many of us it's difficult not to have regular updates on when the Tesla is coming, or have a service adviser soothing our worries...but for me I'm totally in with this way of doing business. My only regret? I didn't do this years ago!

Finally, I'd like to say a huge thank you to other posters on this forum. For all of you guys providing helpful information, for passing on your knowledge, whether you're in the USA, Canada, Europe or Australia! Thank you!

For those of you waiting for you Tesla, hang in there! Your Tesla will arrive, sooner than you know it!

PS. I haven't driven the Tesla! It's my wife's car! But...she did invite me along as a passenger this morning to go to the grocery store. It's simply amazing. Quiet. Roomy. Great views out the windows and roof. Simple but clean and functional set up inside. Why'd I order it for her? I test drove one in Sacramento on 10/14 for ten minutes. Thought to myself, "Yep. This will work!" Went home and ordered it. Thanks Nick, the sales employee at Sac Arden Tesla, for such an excellent presentation.

Lastly, thanks to all the folks at Tesla for designing this Model 3. Don't know how you did it, but big thumbs-up to you.

Cheers!
IMG_0319.jpg

I’m afraid I’ve been trapped in the same black hole as you bro… 3rd edd change this morning. 2 days out from start of window and they kicked me back 2 weeks. I’m going nuts and your order is almost 2 months older than mine! I really can’t believe you don’t have a car yet…

I may cancel my order if this continues. I love the idea of Tesla but if their customer service is going to be as awful for owners as it is for orders I don’t want the car. My local shop (Santa Barbara CA) gives me only one word responses when I call them. My SA has never responded to texts or emails, including a request for a new SA. When I called corporate last week to talk about scheduling delivery and my holiday travel plans I was told my order was on track for my old edd (12/1-12/15 so I was okay to order my tickets. Now my EDD is 12-14-12/31 and I’ll be out of state half that time.

When I bought my BMW i3 a few years ago I got regular texts and calls from my dealer, they worked with me on pricing, and they gave me 2 YEARS of free charging at EVGO.

Does anyone have an actual positive experience with Tesla service? Anyone else in SB have experience at our god awful service center? I drove past the Camarillo center on Thanksgiving and saw cars on the lot… maybe I should put in a second order there and see if they fill it more quickly

Tesla service is a risk for sure. But the reason why people tolerate it (like myself) is there is no comparison currently to a tesla.

I’ve owned 5 BMWs. Currently I have put over 40,000 miles across Model 3/Y, and driving these Teslas *never gets old*. For me there is nothing that any of my BMWs had that I would want instead of the tesla. I have a hard time returning them to the garage when I get home. I just want to keep driving, even if it is to nowhere in particular. Is that worth putting up with Tesla’s shortcomings? Right now I think so but it is definitely subjective.

Reactions: Paul4343
I think we need to look at this from the perspective of “the time we are” Like COVID time… ALL Auto makers are having these issues (maybe not the quality control) but that’s somewhat forgivable so long as they fix it. I went into a Land Rover dealer and he said they wouldn’t be making cars for another YEAR — and ones they do have largely wont even have screens. Same with BMW. So let’s cut Tesla a little bit of a slack.

Right now they’re doing what they can, and I wouldn’t let this one moment in time dictate your perception of their future customer service. Then again, COVID has been a round now for 2+ years…. So I don’t know - I’m just inclined to cut them a break — they’re pushing out cars the best they possibly can with local and federal laws all trying to hold them up.
When it comes to issues like the missing USB/c and wireless charging I agree 100%. This is a time of parts shortages, shipping delays, and general uncertainty. If I got a notice that I would be getting a car missing those features and it would be retrofitted at a later date that would be just fine, I understand.
I have gotten NO communication from Tesla without having to claw and work for it. If I call my local center I get no info or, like on my call this morning, a downright rude agent. When I call the corporate line it forwards me to the local center *facepalm* A few people have said they have gotten movement from the online chat; I’ve never gotten past the bot loop and talked to a human that way. Others have suggested trying requesting a callback on a Model X or S. I have never gotten a callback. I have messaged the automatic text number that order confirmation comes from; one answer a week after I sent 3 messages that told me my car was actively being built! But clearly that was not true beucase that was 3 weeks ago. I’ve called that number; no answer. I’ve also emailed the financial email, the order support, and the customer service. No response on any of these.
So in summary, I’ve called every listed number I can, used the messaging and the text numbers, and I got to talk to some rude kid for 5 minutes and had one text reply that was either an automated response or BS.
As I’ve said in my previous posts, I’ve been excited to buy a Tesla but I also consider it to be like buying any other luxury car. Previously I’ve bought certified preowned cars and even when not buying a “new” vehicle I’ve been treated far better than this. And at least been given some communication and customer service. If I weren’t in a position where I really need a new car by 1/1 I would cancel this order and explore other EVs but I know I can’t get an ID4 or a Mach-E in the foreseeable future. I may call the bmw dealer who sold me my i3 and see if he can trade for a newer one with a bigger battery pack…

Reactions: Jo060
I have an email chain with my local SA. I sent an email this morning to ask them if I was close at least. I’m sure I will get nothing meaningful back. A month ago they said they saw me in line and mine was coming early December. Then they pushed me back a month.
So I got a response back from my SA. Not really sure what to think. I want to be optimistic, but I've been disappointed too many times over the last 3 1/2 months. They may just be giving me to do's to keep me occupied for a while, but if after receiving the following, if I were to get pushed back AGAIN, I would claim cruel and unusual punishment!!!

It looks like we are approaching your estimated delivery window (12/07 - 12/31)
To best prepare you for delivery could you kindly send me the following to upload to your account
  • Current Photo of your Trade Odometer (Audi)
  • Current registration for your Audi (for your transfer plates)
    (Alternatively we can assign new plates, just let us know!)
    Super excited to be in the home stretch for your Model 3 delivery!

So I got a response back from my SA. Not really sure what to think. I want to be optimistic, but I've been disappointed too many times over the last 3 1/2 months. They may just be giving me to do's to keep me occupied for a while, but if after receiving the following, if I were to get pushed back AGAIN, I would claim cruel and unusual punishment!!!

It looks like we are approaching your estimated delivery window (12/07 - 12/31)
To best prepare you for delivery could you kindly send me the following to upload to your account
  • Current Photo of your Trade Odometer (Audi)
  • Current registration for your Audi (for your transfer plates)
    (Alternatively we can assign new plates, just let us know!)
    Super excited to be in the home stretch for your Model 3 delivery!
Sounds promising! Hope this holds.

Sorry for the text puke, I got pretty heated after my last call to them. But no more need to worry, I’ve officially canceled my order. I wish I could leave the thread happy like a so many others but that’s not in the cards. On my bright side my BMW dealer says he can get me a 2018 i3 with only 30k miles on it coming off of lease! Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: montanaco
Sorry for the text puke, I got pretty heated after my last call to them. But no more need to worry, I’ve officially canceled my order. I wish I could leave the thread happy like a so many others but that’s not in the cards. On my bright side my BMW dealer says he can get me a 2018 i3 with only 30k miles on it coming off of lease! Good luck to everyone else!
What was you’re original EDD when you ordered? I understand constant updates, especially negative ones, are frustrating but are you already past your original EDD?

You only ordered 4 weeks ago right?

Indianapolis Update:

OD: 11/04
White / Black Interior / Aero Wheels

1st EDD: 12/01 - 12/24
2nd EDD: (11/23) 12/10 - 12/24
3rd EDD: (11/28) No Change 12/10 - 12/24 BUT Received the trade-in text everyone had been started to see, earlier in the day.

Checked again just now and the app reflected "Changes being made". Jumped onto my desktop and into my Tesla Account, was prompted to Accept Vision Agreement. Proceeded with pushing the button and the VIN is now showing on Account!

Insurance section in app now says complete (in Indy, uploaded general insurance information). Previously had been greyed out. Everything else is still greyed out, including the review documents portion, and still says car is being built.

Hoping this is a good sign and things don't get pushed back. Unlike some others, did not get any emails or further texts when the Vision / VIN came through.

Fingers shall remain crossed for early delivery potential...!!!

This is getting frustrating... Today is my first EDD delivery window day.. I do not have a VIN in the source code nor visions agreement...

M3 LR, Red, pickup in Surrey, BC

Order date: Oct 17
Estimated Delivery on Oct 18 = Dec 11-Dec 31
Estimated Delivery on Oct 22 = Nov 25 - Dec 23
Estimated Delivery on Nov 19 = Nov 26 - Dec 10
Estimated Delivery on Nov 23 = Dec 17 - Dec 31
Estimated Delivery on Nov 25= Nov 28 - Dec 11

• Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3