Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is getting frustrating... Today is my first EDD delivery window day.. I do not have a VIN in the source code nor visions agreement...

M3 LR, Red, pickup in Surrey, BC

Order date: Oct 17
Estimated Delivery on Oct 18 = Dec 11-Dec 31
Estimated Delivery on Oct 22 = Nov 25 - Dec 23
Estimated Delivery on Nov 19 = Nov 26 - Dec 10
Estimated Delivery on Nov 23 = Dec 17 - Dec 31
Estimated Delivery on Nov 25= Nov 28 - Dec 11
Do you have an advisor assigned to you who you could reach out to?

Indianapolis Update:
OD: 11/04
White / Black Interior / Aero Wheels

1st EDD: 12/01 - 12/24
2nd EDD: (11/23) 12/10 - 12/24
3rd EDD: (11/28) No Change 12/10 - 12/24 BUT Received the trade-in text everyone had been started to see, earlier in the day.

Checked again just now and the app reflected "Changes being made". Jumped onto my desktop and into my Tesla Account, was prompted to Accept Vision Agreement. Proceeded with pushing the button and the VIN is now showing on Account!

Insurance section in app now says complete (in Indy, uploaded general insurance information). Previously had been greyed out. Everything else is still greyed out, including the review documents portion, and still says car is being built.

Hoping this is a good sign and things don't get pushed back. Unlike some others, did not get any emails or further texts when the Vision / VIN came through.

Fingers shall remain crossed for early delivery potential...!!!
EDD just changed to 12/12 - 12/16 😳😳😳

… back to refreshing incessantly…

Ordered M3 LR 10/29

White/White/No FSD

Delivery in LA

1st EDD 12/20 – 21/31

2nd EDD 12/17 – 12/31

No VIN yet

Anyone else in my area with similar dates?
Ordered M3P white/black in LA, on 11/4 so fairly close to your order date. My EDD has been 12/13-12/31 since I ordered and haven’t seen any movement either, no updates from my SA and my account has been complete for about 3 weeks loan and everything. I was looking at the spreadsheet as well as old posts to track how long people in LA waited but ultimately it seems that the EDD is accurate for our area for the most part and people didn’t get VINs until mid December and delivery till nearly the end of the year. I even saw some people get VINS on the 30th to take delivery on the 31st here in California. I’m banking on 12/15 for our first real update if I’m honest.

5 Days and 18 hours to go! Red LR aero w black interior ordered 9/9. Just to update my Cybertruck order has 1.13 million orders in front of me. I can make it 5 days and change.... Hang tuff this is the future and some kid may be able to breathe the air in 30 years.
Don't get too excited until the keys are in your hand.
My M3 was to be delivered on the 22nd, on the 21st I got a text stating the car never showed up and moved the date to the 1st. 2 days ago I got the same text saying the car never arrived and moved the date 'till the 6th.

Now I'll just wait until I come home one day and it's sitting in my driveway.

Same here 22-31 Dec. I don’t recall where I read this, but supposedly California is always last to take delivery.
Most definitely, it’s always been this way since Fremont is the only up and running mass producing gigafactory for the US. They go East to West, and dead last for those that live near Fremont. I’m sure this will change when GigaTexas is in full force production. Your time frame is very specific to being last week, when did you order?

Sorry for the text puke, I got pretty heated after my last call to them. But no more need to worry, I’ve officially canceled my order. I wish I could leave the thread happy like a so many others but that’s not in the cards. On my bright side my BMW dealer says he can get me a 2018 i3 with only 30k miles on it coming off of lease! Good luck to everyone else!
Sorry that it did not work out for you and I totally understand if you are in a need for car definitely before 1/1/2022 or any other specific date then dealing with Tesla is tough. You really need to have a good back-up car and plenty of time and patience in this process. The potential EV tax credit in 2022 makes it even more complex.

Most definitely, it’s always been this way since Fremont is the only up and running mass producing gigafactory for the US. They go East to West, and dead last for those that live near Fremont. I’m sure this will change when GigaTexas is in full force production. Your time frame is very specific to being last week, when did you order?

November 6th was my order date

My experience with Delivery Day:
In short, FANTASTIC!

Tesla scheduled a noon to 4 pm delivery. Yesterday. OD was 10/14. Waited around in the driveway after 11:30 am. Someone had written on this forum that these guys can show up early. Raked up some leaves. Wondered if they'd bring Tesla on a truck? Or drive it? Watched the kids throw around a rugby ball, between looking up and down the street for the new car! Very excited, of course!

Called Tesla at 1:50 pm to check in (Rockin, California.) First time I've called, ever. First time speaking to anyone at Tesla. Learned they were short staffed. Running behind with deliveries. Asked if I was paying with cashiers check. Yes, I said. Fine. We'll notify the driver.

At 2:55 pm. Tesla rep calls back. We're backed up. Very sorry. Not able to get vehicle to you today. All booked up tomorrow. And our drivers don't accept cashier's checks, only the dealership does. Are you in a rush for the car? No, but if it's there we'll drive to you in Rocklin. 35 minutes later, I arrive with wife and kids. Handful of folks milling around showroom. Some general chatter. Most people pushing buttons on their smart phones. Some Model Ys and 3s in there. Wife excited. Employee greets wife, asks for last name. Says he'll get the Tesla and paperwork ready. Disappears for ten minutes. Returns with paperwork a few minutes later. Sign here, here and here. Hand over cashier's check. Do we need copies of any of that paperwork, I ask. "Take photos if you want, he says. It's all DMV paperwork." Okay, I think. Don't need that. Employee shows us to vehicle outside dealership.

It looks great! Okay everyone. It's the moment we've been waiting for. Wife loves it. Kids go straight into the back. They love it too!

Ask employee what do we do if there's defects. Says we have 100 miles or 24 hours to notify them via the app, take photos and describe issues. I'm okay with that. We're only 35 miles from Rocklin Tesla. I spend 10 minutes looking over the car, inside and out. Look under the car. Don't see any issues. No scratches, or visible damage to anything. Then again, I know I'm kind of rushing it a bit! Figure out I'll look it over when I get home. Take a photo of wife behind the wheel. Wife and kids drive it home. Follow me in my 03 Honda CRV with 150,000 miles with two front struts needing replacing in the front and a noisy wheel bearing issue in back. Almost get in a collision on the way home. Me, that is. Some guy in a brank new BMW comes up on the hard shoulder and cuts in between me and the car in front. I brake hard. Have to lay on the horn for a long time!!! BMW disappears ahead, cutting from lane to lany in heavy traffic. Arrive home safe. Make pizza. Wife and kids check out car in garage.

Today. Check over car systematically. I find two areas of scratches, about thumb-size, on the inside lower portion of driver side window; three thumb sized discolorations on the lower carpeted back of the rear seats; a slight misalignment on the front trunk where the gap between the trunk and the next body panel is noticeably smaller on the passenger side than driver side; a similar alignment issue on the driver side taillights where the gap with the next body panel is slightly larger than on the passenger side. Now, I understand, from previous posters in this forum, that not all the gaps between body panels are 100% evenly spaced on Teslas. Can I live with it? Yes! It's hardly noticeable. I schedule a service appointment in mid-December, listing these issues, and sending photos. Document it.

Now, something the Tesla employee said is worth sharing for those of you thinking of postponing delivery until 2022. I mentioned it was only 44 days since I ordered the Tesla, the employee appeared shocked...at least, the portion of his face over his face mask did. He said he has heard that waits of 4 - 6 months may become the norm after January 1. Again, this information is from one Tesla employee here in northern California, so make of that what you will.

I'd like to share my thoughts about the customer service at Tesla. I think it's great! Look, there's no fake smiles, no fake sincerity, no can-I-get-you-a-bottle-of-water while you wait...let me introduce you to the sales manager....oh, here's the finance manager who'll be with you in a minute, etc, etc...all the things I've experienced when buying cars from non-Tesla dealerships in the past. And I've blown a lot of money that way. With Tesla, at least for me, there was none of the let me familiarize you with you new car BS. It's what I'd call some old-fashioned British service. "Here's your car, mate. You figure it out, and you'll love it!" I realize from many of us it's difficult not to have regular updates on when the Tesla is coming, or have a service adviser soothing our worries...but for me I'm totally in with this way of doing business. My only regret? I didn't do this years ago!

Finally, I'd like to say a huge thank you to other posters on this forum. For all of you guys providing helpful information, for passing on your knowledge, whether you're in the USA, Canada, Europe or Australia! Thank you!

For those of you waiting for you Tesla, hang in there! Your Tesla will arrive, sooner than you know it!

PS. I haven't driven the Tesla! It's my wife's car! But...she did invite me along as a passenger this morning to go to the grocery store. It's simply amazing. Quiet. Roomy. Great views out the windows and roof. Simple but clean and functional set up inside. Why'd I order it for her? I test drove one in Sacramento on 10/14 for ten minutes. Thought to myself, "Yep. This will work!" Went home and ordered it. Thanks Nick, the sales employee at Sac Arden Tesla, for such an excellent presentation.

Lastly, thanks to all the folks at Tesla for designing this Model 3. Don't know how you did it, but big thumbs-up to you.

Cheers!View attachment 738403
Congrats on your new M3!!! Ordered the same config, White/Black and will take hopefully delivery around February/March 2022

Reactions: 7rugby
I would definitely check for a humming sound coming from the passenger side forward of the dash. My wife and I recently ordered an LR, but at our local service center all but one of the demo vehicles made this humming sound that does not exist on the Model 3 and Model Y we already own. This has made us very concerned about our new order… there are two threads in the Model Y forum covering this problem and it seems like it is still showing up in recent builds.

Some people might not be bothered by this noise or even notice. But it stands out to us given that both our current teslas do not make this noise. I would be interested to see if anyone who picks up their 3 in the near future can report this sound showing up or not on their car.
Depends, are you referring to the heat pump sound, or the pedestrian warning system warbling noise? (Only had my M3LR for a couple days)
I can hear the heat pump condenser fan when standing outside of the car if I turn climate control on remotely.
The PWS is a weird warbling noise mandated by law to be installed I believe.

This is getting frustrating... Today is my first EDD delivery window day.. I do not have a VIN in the source code nor visions agreement...

M3 LR, Red, pickup in Surrey, BC

Order date: Oct 17
Estimated Delivery on Oct 18 = Dec 11-Dec 31
Estimated Delivery on Oct 22 = Nov 25 - Dec 23
Estimated Delivery on Nov 19 = Nov 26 - Dec 10
Estimated Delivery on Nov 23 = Dec 17 - Dec 31
Estimated Delivery on Nov 25= Nov 28 - Dec 11
I haven't had a single EDD update since I ordered on 02NOV2021... M3 LR, White/Black, 19", no FSD