Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(begin Sesame Street/Count voice)
8, 8 pushbacks to my date AFTER the window had started, bwa ha ha!
9, this is my NINTH delivery window, bwa ha ha!
On 11/23, my 11/22->12/6 window was pushed to 11/24->12/8.

I would post all the prior windows but I just don't care anymore.

If Tesla didn't have the best charging infrastructure around I would cancel this car in a heartbeat and go get a Ford or other EV. This is just a cruel joke.
well in a SHOCKING turn of events, I got a text 2 days ago with a VIN, this morning that the car was ready and schedule delivery, contacted my SA, and picked up the car today.

Whoa... Okay then.

Reactions: 7rugby and aljlin
Depends, are you referring to the heat pump sound, or the pedestrian warning system warbling noise? (Only had my M3LR for a couple days)
I can hear the heat pump condenser fan when standing outside of the car if I turn climate control on remotely.
The PWS is a weird warbling noise mandated by law to be installed I believe.

The humming sound is not related to the heat pump. The sound happens as soon as the car activates regardless of the HVAC being enabled. It’s also not the PWS.

Sitting in the car with the HVAC off, in park, it should be almost silent. If there is an easily heard “hum” coming from the dash, then that is what I am referring to. This hum will never stop unlike the other sounds that may come and go, ie when the car is idle in the garage or something.

As I mentioned, we currently have two teslas: one with heat pump and one without, and they are both silent. This hum sound is distinct enough that my wife and I noticed it as soon as we drove away on our first recent test drive of an LR. It is not normal .. and we wonder if this is a negative result of tesla being “nimble” and switching parts suppliers with all these supply chain issues.

The humming sound is not related to the heat pump. The sound happens as soon as the car activates regardless of the HVAC being enabled. It’s also not the PWS.

Sitting in the car with the HVAC off, it should be almost silent. If there is an easily heard “hum” coming from the dash, then that is what I am referring to. This hum will never stop unlike the other sounds that may come and go, ie when the car is idle in the garage or something.

As I mentioned, we currently have two teslas: one with heat pump and one without, and they are both silent. This hum sound is distinct enough that my wife and I noticed it as soon as we drove away on our first recent test drive of an LR. It is not normal .. and we wonder if this is a negative result of tesla being “nimble” and switching parts suppliers with all these supply chain issues.
Well, I can only give feedback on the M3LR we just picked up, no hum present. (Went down to the garage to check) Car is deathly silent with climate control off. Put it in reverse, backed up, put it in drive, pulled forward, no hum. Manual park, no hum. Just one data point though.
Maybe something loose that's vibrating? A broken plastic clip? (Just guesses)

Well, I can only give feedback on the M3LR we just picked up, no hum present. (Went down to the garage to check) Car is deathly silent with climate control off. Put it in reverse, backed up, put it in drive, pulled forward, no hum. Manual park, no hum. Just one data point though.
Maybe something loose that's vibrating? A broken plastic clip? (Just guesses)

Nice. that is hopeful at least! all but one of the demo cars at our service center had this hum. Only 1 Model Y LR was quiet like our current cars.

The threads about this in the Model Y forum have quite a few people that have not been able to get Tesla to fix this issue. so they end up having to live with this annoying electrical transformer noise in the background. I dread having to decline delivery of our LR if it shows up with the noise..

Ordered M3 LR 10/29

White/White/No FSD

Delivery in LA

1st EDD 12/20 – 21/31

2nd EDD 12/17 – 12/31

No VIN yet

Anyone else in my area with similar dates?
I ordered M3 LR 10/31

White/Black/ No FSD

EDD hast changed since i ordered. 12/06-12/31. I live in Fremont so based on that i probably wont be seeing it before Christhmas. Even thought about changing to M3 performance haha