Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got this text a few minutes ago:

ā€œHi, we currently plan to build and deliver your Model 3 in December.

Please reply DECEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model 3 is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out in the new year.ā€

So of course I replied ā€œDecember!ā€

Should I have I replied in all caps? šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Just got this as well around 50 minutes ago. I replied with DECEMBER. They did reply with anything back.

šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ Iā€™ve received nothing lol I think they are messing with me. I called tesla yesterday and a lady told me she would put a tag on my account to tell them speed it up. Now they probably like letā€™s make him wait lol
May yā€™all teslas bless yā€™all with vins tomor
šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ Iā€™ve received nothing lol I think they are messing with me. I called tesla yesterday and a lady told me she would put a tag on my account to tell them speed it up. Now they probably like letā€™s make him wait lol
May yā€™all teslas bless yā€™all with vins tomorrow
I received the same message about an hour ago too! I replied in all caps just in case. šŸ˜„

Alright, so let me share how the pick-up day went...
To begin with, I was supposed to receive a text with the space number where the car would be parked. Two hours before the scheduled time still no text. Quick chat through tesla.com and was told to just go to the showroom at the scheduled time and they'll help me out. Sure. I was there 10min early. While my wife looks for parking spot, I went to check out the nearest white ones - anticipating 1 of those must be ours. Not even a minute into it I get a call from a delivery driver telling me he's about to get my car and deliver shortly. Excuse me?! WTF do you mean? Where are you now, I ask? He says he's at the factory getting the car for delivery to my home. Well, so am I!! Long story short, they cancel the delivery. The SA there tells me to wait a few minutes to get a text with the space number and for the driver to return the keys(cards). Many minutes later still no text. I told him I'll wait outside. Started walking down the first rows of cars looking for white/white/aero. Took me a minute to find her. There she was!!! Started doing my walkaround/exterior inspection. Was she perfect? Almost. A couple of minor adjustments to hood and trunk needed(service already scheduled) but overall 99.5/100. So at least half an hour later still no text. Went back inside, got helped by another SA. Accepted delivery through the app and unlocked the car. No keys in sight. He goes hunting for the driver while I continue with interior checks. SA showed up with keys a few minutes later. Finished my checklist(the one I posted a link to a few days ago), got in and took off. All in all, pretty happy with the process.