Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SoCal here still waiting for my VIN, EDD of 12/16 - 12/30, really excited to get my m3 (especially since my car has been totaled and I've been without one for a month now). I'm traveling for the rest of the month for the holidays. What's the process around this time of year for people who can't take delivery until they get back into town? Do we get put back at the end of line?
From what Iā€™ve read so far, if youā€™re unable to take delivery within that window then your EDD will get pushed back a few months. But who really knows what will happen this time around? I hope everything works out.

From what Iā€™ve read so far, if youā€™re unable to take delivery within that window then your EDD will get pushed back a few months. But who really knows what will happen this time around? I hope everything works out.
Either you take delivery within the 3 day window or you go back to refreshing your tesla app and this page for the next few weeks/months.

SoCal here still waiting for my VIN, EDD of 12/16 - 12/30, really excited to get my m3 (especially since my car has been totaled and I've been without one for a month now). I'm traveling for the rest of the month for the holidays. What's the process around this time of year for people who can't take delivery until they get back into town? Do we get put back at the end of line?
From what Iā€™ve read so far, if youā€™re unable to take delivery within that window then your EDD will get pushed back a few months. But who really knows what will happen this time around? I hope

I thought premium connectivity was free
I was able to schedule my delivery today...December 24th. I actually pulled off the road when I saw the text so I could schedule right away. Merry F'ing Christmas to ME!! Excuse my French, but I've been waiting for over 4 months now (OD 8/15)!!The last couple of months I've felt like Susie (Natalie Wood) in Miracle on 34th St, riding in the car on Xmas morning after her present she wanted from Santa wasn't under the tree. She sat there so sad saying "I believe, I believe". Then she sees the house and screams "Stop Uncle Fred, Stop". That's me getting my VIN, but I was yelling "Drinks bartender, Drinks!" Now I have a one week run up to the house (figuratively speaking). For those of you not that familiar with the movie...

Wooo!!!! Merry Xmas! You've gotta throw the car into Santa mode, crack open some egg nog and throw a few back!

Reactions: EV70
That is interesting my EDD hasnā€™t ever been narrower than 2 weeks but eh I donā€™t know if I should read into it. Cant have a 2 week window when thereā€™s not 2 weeks left in the monthšŸ˜‚ Praying for a weekend VIN assignment and delivery next week
I agree. The window will only be through the end of the year. From my months of scouring this group, when you get close to or within your EDD, one of two things will happen. You get moved out, or the time within the EDD narrows. When it narrows as opposed to push, most people end up with VINs. I think the only ones that have much of a chance now at a VIN are West coasters. I feel optimistic for you.

I thought premium connectivity was free

Wooo!!!! Merry Xmas! You've gotta throw the car into Santa mode, crack open some egg nog and throw a few back!
Ha, that's so funny because I would have been really mad to have to wait 11 months to really appreciate Santa Mode. I'm definitely going with HO HO HO Not Funny though because none of this has been funny. I feel like Grandma after getting run over by a reindeer.

• Funny
Reactions: opasenBG
I agree. The window will only be through the end of the year. From my months of scouring this group, when you get close to or within your EDD, one of two things will happen. You get moved out, or the time within the EDD narrows. When it narrows as opposed to push, most people end up with VINs. I think the only ones that have much of a chance now at a VIN are West coasters. I feel optimistic for you.
Thank you this gives me some good hope then šŸ™šŸ¾šŸ™šŸ¾

Reactions: EV70
Cincinnati, LR, 18-inch Aero, white ext., black int., no FSD
Paying cash, no trade-in

Order date Nov 9, initial EDD Dec 12 - Dec 31

First movement today (Dec 9): EDD now Jan 16 - Feb 13. No VIN.
That works for me, since I'm still hoping for some Federal tax credit.

Dec 10: EDD changed to Dec 24 - Dec 31.
Dec 12: My Tesla account now has a VIN and a Vision Agreement button (which I did not click).
I contacted Tesla via the Web site chat and told the agent I want to put off delivery for 30 days, just in case Congress does pass some EV tax credits. She said she would have my advisor contact me to go over my options. I also emailed the advisor directly to tell her the same thing.
BTW, the chat agent mentioned that my EDD is not Dec 25 - Dec 29.

Dec 17: I tried twice via the Web chat to have my order put on hold, but my advisor never got back to me, so yesterday I called 888-51-TESLA and after only a few minutes' hold, talked to a live person. That agent went ahead and made the change for me, and my order is now on hold until January, and my VIN is released. (So if you get car number 5YJ3E1EB9NF130074, you're welcome!)
BTW, the agent also said that my advisor left me a voicemail, but I never got that, nor any other notification or acknowledgement.

Reactions: Paul4343
Cincinnati, LR, 18-inch Aero, white ext., black int., no FSD
Paying cash, no trade-in

Order date Nov 9, initial EDD Dec 12 - Dec 31

First movement today (Dec 9): EDD now Jan 16 - Feb 13. No VIN.
That works for me, since I'm still hoping for some Federal tax credit.

Dec 10: EDD changed to Dec 24 - Dec 31.
Dec 12: My Tesla account now has a VIN and a Vision Agreement button (which I did not click).
I contacted Tesla via the Web site chat and told the agent I want to put off delivery for 30 days, just in case Congress does pass some EV tax credits. She said she would have my advisor contact me to go over my options. I also emailed the advisor directly to tell her the same thing.
BTW, the chat agent mentioned that my EDD is not Dec 25 - Dec 29.

Dec 17: I tried twice via the Web chat to have my order put on hold, but my advisor never got back to me, so yesterday I called 888-51-TESLA and after only a few minutes' hold, talked to a live person. That agent went ahead and made the change for me, and my order is now on hold until January, and my VIN is released. (So if you get car number 5YJ3E1EB9NF130074, you're welcome!)
BTW, the agent also said that my advisor left me a voicemail, but I never got that, nor any other notification or acknowledgement.
Shame this isnā€™t my config - Iā€™d drive up 30 minutes and take it!

Last edited:
When I ordered(10/3) premium connectivity was free for 1 year for model 3 LR and Performance, and 3 months for SR+. They changed it to 3 months free for all model 3 and yā€™s if ordered after 10/15.
Free for 30 days on Model 3 (and I believe on Y). My starting day - yesterday.
Connectivity

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211217-092916_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20211217-092916_Tesla.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
M3LR MSM Aero, Black Int, No FSD
OD: 10/29/21
EDD1: 12/17-12/31 (The first week after ordering)
EDD2: 1/16 - 2/13 (Date changed first week in November and stayed there)
Then on Monday 12/13 VIN assigned
EDD3: 12/24-12/31

Immediately called Tesla to say we are out of town for Christmas holiday and wouldn't be home till 12/31-1/1. Bit frustrating as there is no way I'm goning to cancel my vacation and holiday plans.

Nothing they can do, will only hold 3 days, so would have to drive 300+ miles from NH to NJ 12/27, 12/28 or 12/29.
I've been "Unmatched" from this vehicle and will have to wait till the next car shows up.
At least I might be making someone else here happy, good luck.

Reactions: EvDoss

Immediately called Tesla to say we are out of town for Christmas holiday and wouldn't be home till 12/31-1/1. Bit frustrating as there is no way I'm goning to cancel my vacation and holiday plans.

Nothing they can do, will only hold 3 days, so would have to drive 300+ miles from NH to NJ 12/27, 12/28 or 12/29.
I've been "Unmatched" from this vehicle and will have to wait till the next car shows up.
My specs, I'll take it today! šŸ˜‚

My specs, but I'm picking up in MA :( so doubt it would get slid to me.