Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SoCal here still waiting for my VIN, EDD of 12/16 - 12/30, really excited to get my m3 (especially since my car has been totaled and I've been without one for a month now). I'm traveling for the rest of the month for the holidays. What's the process around this time of year for people who can't take delivery until they get back into town? Do we get put back at the end of line?

M3LR / Red / 18" Aero / Black+White / no FSD (yet)

Ordered on 12/3
EDDs:
initial: February​
next: 17 March - 15 April​
third (12/6): 19 - 31 December​
fourth (12/14): 22 January - 19 February​
fifth (current): 25 December - 31 December​
VIN: :cool:

Woke up at 1am to refresh my account (don't judge me) and saw that there was a "Model 3 Vision system, accept?" message. I accepted. The web page responded with a VIN and a late December EDD window. Woo!!

I am a web order and have yet to communicate with a human regarding this order. I'll need to as I've got to adjust my financing terms (I've got a trade in, but its valued such that I'd end up with a $2200 credit on my account, and I'd much rather use that to knock down the loan amount). No "DECEMBER" text for me. No texts at all other than the first 30 minutes after I placed the order.

With destination charges, the car's valued at something stupid like $55.4k, so I'm really not sweating potentially missing out on the BBB refund. I got my wall charger installed last Tuesday (looks good). I need to figure out the clear bra and tint (I've got one quote), along with insurance (I have a tentative quote). I figure I may want to inspect the car and allow for one service appointment before moving forward with the protective film on the front. I've *got* to figure out winter rims and rubber ASAP (one assumes Colorado's Front Range will receive snow at some point this winter). I've already got the jack and jack-point pucks (I've been swapping winter wheels on my last couple of MINI Coopers, so I'm good there -- though I'm a bit concerned about not being able to use my current jack stands as I don't anticipate using my jack-up via two-by-four on-the-frame-between-jack-points strategy then resting on jack stands under the jack points, as I've done in the past. I see products exist for fancier jack stands).

TMC knows. My wife knows. The nosy neighbor across the street knows (he couldn't allow the electrician to be in our garage 5 minutes before coming over to ask what's up). A former co-worker knows (he was my potential referral). The EV Charger Teams group at work knows. But that's the whole list. My daughter may figure it out when she comes over for Christmas (if she notices the wall charger so like maybe a 10% chance). But there will be a lot of surprised eyes in the future when I start rollin' up in my fancy new red robot car ("The Satellite of Love").

M3LR / Red / 18" Aero / Black+White / no FSD (yet)

Ordered on 12/3
EDDs:
initial: February​
next: 17 March - 15 April​
third (12/6): 19 - 31 December​
fourth (12/14): 22 January - 19 February​
fifth (current): 25 December - 31 December​
VIN: :cool:

Woke up at 1am to refresh my account (don't judge me) and saw that there was a "Model 3 Vision system, accept?" message. I accepted. The web page responded with a VIN and a late December EDD window. Woo!!

I am a web order and have yet to communicate with a human regarding this order. I'll need to as I've got to adjust my financing terms (I've got a trade in, but its valued such that I'd end up with a $2200 credit on my account, and I'd much rather use that to knock down the loan amount). No "DECEMBER" text for me. No texts at all other than the first 30 minutes after I placed the order.

With destination charges, the car's valued at something stupid like $55.4k, so I'm really not sweating potentially missing out on the BBB refund. I got my wall charger installed last Tuesday (looks good). I need to figure out the clear bra and tint (I've got one quote), along with insurance (I have a tentative quote). I figure I may want to inspect the car and allow for one service appointment before moving forward with the protective film on the front. I've *got* to figure out winter rims and rubber ASAP (one assumes Colorado's Front Range will receive snow at some point this winter). I've already got the jack and jack-point pucks (I've been swapping winter wheels on my last couple of MINI Coopers, so I'm good there -- though I'm a bit concerned about not being able to use my current jack stands as I don't anticipate using my jack-up via two-by-four on-the-frame-between-jack-points strategy then resting on jack stands under the jack points, as I've done in the past. I see products exist for fancier jack stands).

TMC knows. My wife knows. The nosy neighbor across the street knows (he couldn't allow the electrician to be in our garage 5 minutes before coming over to ask what's up). A former co-worker knows (he was my potential referral). The EV Charger Teams group at work knows. But that's the whole list. My daughter may figure it out when she comes over for Christmas (if she notices the wall charger so like maybe a 10% chance). But there will be a lot of surprised eyes in the future when I start rollin' up in my fancy new red robot car ("The Satellite of Love").
This is slightly encouraging for me - as I did an online order with a trade-in and financing, plus have a 3k credit on my account. Only difference if my EDD hasn't budged since my 12/1 OD. Not even gonna lie - if/when I wake up in the middle of the night, I for sure check to see if I've got any updates in the Tesla App on a nightly basis 🤣

Congrats!!

Reactions: The Meal
I just know I am about to be screwed. First week of September OD and I bet you I get a 12/31 pickup date when I am out of the state 12/29-1/7. If the car comes in 12/29 or 12/30 id seriously consider moving my flight back. But if it comes in new years eve it would really mess up my plans. (NJ pickup).

Alright, so let me share how the pick-up day went...
To begin with, I was supposed to receive a text with the space number where the car would be parked. Two hours before the scheduled time still no text. Quick chat through tesla.com and was told to just go to the showroom at the scheduled time and they'll help me out. Sure. I was there 10min early. While my wife looks for parking spot, I went to check out the nearest white ones - anticipating 1 of those must be ours. Not even a minute into it I get a call from a delivery driver telling me he's about to get my car and deliver shortly. Excuse me?! WTF do you mean? Where are you now, I ask? He says he's at the factory getting the car for delivery to my home. Well, so am I!! Long story short, they cancel the delivery. The SA there tells me to wait a few minutes to get a text with the space number and for the driver to return the keys(cards). Many minutes later still no text. I told him I'll wait outside. Started walking down the first rows of cars looking for white/white/aero. Took me a minute to find her. There she was!!! Started doing my walkaround/exterior inspection. Was she perfect? Almost. A couple of minor adjustments to hood and trunk needed(service already scheduled) but overall 99.5/100. So at least half an hour later still no text. Went back inside, got helped by another SA. Accepted delivery through the app and unlocked the car. No keys in sight. He goes hunting for the driver while I continue with interior checks. SA showed up with keys a few minutes later. Finished my checklist(the one I posted a link to a few days ago), got in and took off. All in all, pretty happy with the process.
No more app refresh to see if you got a VIN. Lol
I guess you will start refreshing the APP to see if you have a new software update from now. Ha.. the fun never stops.
Can you confirm if the LR AWD came with all weather mats? I am supposed to pickup mine on the 28th.
I have a SR+ that didnt have any mats upon pickup. Hence the question.

No more app refresh to see if you got a VIN. Lol
I guess you will start refreshing the APP to see if you have a new software update from now. Ha.. the fun never stops.
Can you confirm if the LR AWD came with all weather mats? I am supposed to pickup mine on the 28th.
I have a SR+ that didnt have any mats upon pickup. Hence the question.
Mine came with the basic carpet floor mats(front and rear). No frunk and trunk.

Reactions: GeoG