Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my first and original order today after confirming twice I'd be able to pick up Jan 1st. I guess that makes me sort of part of the group purposely delaying their order, but I was attempting to buy in-stock inventory within the three day window THEY offered. Turns out they can still reassign the VIN before that three days. So, we shall see what happens. I need a car for my husband to commute in within at least the first few weeks of Jan. So if it weren't an in-stock vehicle, I wouldn't have put down a deposit. I don't have time to wait for a custom one to be delivered. :/

On January 1st it's going to be extremely unlikely that there are any inventory cars anywhere in the country for weeks.

Tesla makes massive end of quarter pushes, even selling the demo cars out of the showrooms. There are currently 10s of thousands of people waiting for cars they ordered with delivery dates pushed out months.

If you want a car now, you better buy one now. If not, they'll have one for you in June.

Today, 12/30/21, I found a new, 2022 Tesla Model 3 in my ideal configuration available in current inventory. 🙌 I immediately wrote to the support team with one single question, "how many days do I have to take delivery; I want to take delivery Jan 1st." They said, "for new inventory vehicles, you would need to take delivery of your Tesla within 1-3 days." Text comes from someone saying she is my advisor. I confirm with her, "completing the process and picking up on 01/01/22." I place my order / pay my deposit and get excited for my very first Tesla. Text comes, "Pickup on Dec 31st." I message my advisor about our discussion. She responds, "Tesla will be closed for delivery on 1/1 and 1/2. If you cannot take delivery this year we will need to remove the current vin and place your account on hold." say what? Did we not just talk about this half an hour ago and does the contract not state I have three days? I'm more than willing to fulfill my end of the agreement. If they aren't open for delivery, that's on them to hold the car - not me to give it up, right? I responded that we just spoke about this, I also confirmed with online sales support, and it's in the contract. Nothing back for two hours.

Any insight or assistance from those with experience will be greatly appreciated. It feels like a giant rain cloud just moved in over my excitement. :(
Literally same thing. Fremont to Sacramento by Friday 31st. Was only given appointment at 5pm a single day before delivery. Sorry sat and Sunday closed. Take it or lose it; too many people want it. Which to me means we don’t value you as a customer because there too many of you to care. Refuses to hold even a single day. I made some funky agreement to have the vehicle dropped off at my house and left with a relative until I can get home the 2nd. Absolutely ridiculous how poor they treating the customer all for the sake of arbitrary delivery goals.

M3LR Blue/Black/18”/No FSD
OD: Sept 7, 2021
Advertised EDD before order: Oct ’21
9/7 EDD: Oct 22-Nov 21
10/23 EDD: Nov 4-Dec 2
10/29: Hold placed till 1 Jan
12/19: Hold released
12/20 EDD: Jan 8-Feb 5
12/24 EDD: Jan 4-Jan 18
12/29 EDD: Jan 4-Feb 1
12/31 EDD: Jan 9-Jan 23

Order date: 11/15
Removed Jan hold 12/19
Delivered 12/28
MSM/Black/No FSD

I picked up at the Spring/N. Houston service center. It was an excellent experience. The local advisor even bumped my time up for me on delivery day.

View attachment 750223

View attachment 750218
Same config. Same OD and same pickup date. Picked up in ST. Louis. Both times pickup was smooth and the cars are amazing. Love the fact we don’t have to deal with dealerships.

Attachments

• 3E69B6A9-6F92-46BD-86FA-2D79D32E9200.jpeg
    3E69B6A9-6F92-46BD-86FA-2D79D32E9200.jpeg
    585.1 KB · Views: 68