Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting close to another EDD date fear it will be pushed back again because thats what happens to all of us! lol
M3LR White/White 18in wheels No FSD
OD 12/14
EDD 2/14-3/20
EDD 1/2-2/1
EDD 1/12- 2/9

Im again one day away from my EDD start with no vin. I spoke with my SA last week and they said that it should be made in the next week or so and only takes two days max to come down from Fremont (Im in LA.) My big question is has anyone else with this config gotten their Vin yet? I haven't seen it anywhere in here. Also has anyone in LA/SoCal received delivery? Honestly like many of you just stressed about delivery and work travel coinciding.

Reactions: Toyhawker
I see now some significant number of 14-day windows converted to 28-day or 30-day windows and EDD's pushed out. Wondering if there is a supply issue on Tesla's end.
Yeah, that just happened to me today...thought I had a good sign when it was narrowed down to a two-week window...then this morning...back to a four-week window. Maybe it has to do with the chip, battery, windows, wiper conversion??

M3LR / Blue / Black / 18" / No FSD
OD 10/30/2021
1st VIN Posted 12/21/2021
Received Schedule Delivery Text on 12/21/2021
Released VIN and placed delivery hold on 12/23/2021
Released hold on 1/1/2022
1/2/2022: EDD 1/13/2022 to 2/10/2022
1/6/2022: EDD 1/14/2022 to 1/28/2022
1/11/2022: EDD 1/13/2022 to 2/10/2022

Reactions: Toyhawker
Just wondering if anyone has just a straight up month as their EDD. Mine was Feb11-Mar11, now it's just "February". I haven't heard anyone with this before, just curious if anyone else has.
This happened to me - at one point for a few days it said "December" before it updated to a date-bound window (this was before my order hold).

Ok, interesting. Mine had a date bound window and then went to this. I'm not sure if it's good or bad or just is what it is. I guess we'll see what happens!
Yeah I don't know to what extent you can read into it, especially since we're not in the same quarter-end dynamics that I would've been experiencing with the "December" EDD. FWIW, mine still bounced around a couple of times after it changed back, until it finally settled on a late November EDD (and VIN).

Reactions: ProLeopard
Updated EDD: Jan 25 - Feb 7 (on Jan 11)
Same thing happened to me. unheld my car on 12/26, EDD 1 was March 3-31, EDD 2 was Jan 13-27, then delivery date disappeared on Jan 10, and today I saw it updated me EDD to Jan 25 to Feb 7. I called my SA and he said it had to do with the shortage on materials and that there is only one production site. Fingers crossed it wont change again.

Yeah, that just happened to me today...thought I had a good sign when it was narrowed down to a two-week window...then this morning...back to a four-week window. Maybe it has to do with the chip, battery, windows, wiper conversion??

M3LR / Blue / Black / 18" / No FSD
OD 10/30/2021
1st VIN Posted 12/21/2021
Received Schedule Delivery Text on 12/21/2021
Released VIN and placed delivery hold on 12/23/2021
Released hold on 1/1/2022
1/2/2022: EDD 1/13/2022 to 2/10/2022
1/6/2022: EDD 1/14/2022 to 1/28/2022
1/11/2022: EDD 1/13/2022 to 2/10/2022
So you are essentially back to the EDD window that you got 9 days ago. Looks like they play it safe by providing a four-week window again but as other posters pointed out, they might have some other supply issues not related to the upgrades.

Having had our '18 M3 for 3yrs until 12/24 when we sold to get another I can say that not once did I feel like the screen was slow or I was waiting except for a few times navigating within Netflix. So if Netflix is a big use case for you then it makes sense to wait if you can otherwise even the Intel is one of the quickest to reacts UIs in a car.

Reactions: sightman
Good news! I literally checked my account about an hour ago and no updates. About 7 seconds after I logged out, received a Text MSG saying my VIN had been assigned. Delivery date changed slightly from 1/18-1/31 to 1/20 to 1/26. Pretty pumped, not going to lie! We have been down to a single car for a bit so this will be nice. White/White, 19", M3 LR w/ no FSD. OOD - 12/18

Last edited:
Good news! I literally checked my account about an hour ago and no updates. About 7 seconds after I logged out, received a Text MSG saying my VIN had been assigned. Delivery date changed slightly from 1/18 to 1/31 to 1/20 to 1/26. Pretty pumped, not going to lie! We have been down to a single car for a bit so this will be nice. White/White, 19", M3 LR w/ no FSD. OOD - 12/18
That’s great news. I’m waiting on a M3 LR MSM/Black interior and delivery to Col Springs. What was your EDD? Mine is currently 13 Feb - 13 Mar so I still have a few weeks probably.

Reactions: Semper Yut
Good news! I literally checked my account about an hour ago and no updates. About 7 seconds after I logged out, received a Text MSG saying my VIN had been assigned. Delivery date changed slightly from 1/18 to 1/31 to 1/20 to 1/26. Pretty pumped, not going to lie! We have been down to a single car for a bit so this will be nice. White/White, 19", M3 LR w/ no FSD. OOD - 12/18
Pretty cool, so they narrowed down the delivery to a one-week window.

Reactions: Semper Yut
I read some do crypto-currency mining with their Tesla's, so who knows :)
I don't know what to say to the crypto miners who are using Processor on tesla. This is mid boggling... I would say these people don't sound to be very bright..! they could have spend a 1k-5k on a decent GPU from NVDIA or AMD ..rather than taking the embedded processor on a TESLA(~55K) NOT VERY BRIGHT!